Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Considering that Shaman and Paladins were originally faction-specific, it makes sense that the racials for the opposite faction wouldn't be particularly good.

Paladin racials on the horde side are way worse than Shaman racials for Alliance, Alliance clearly has it better in that regard. You also have one more option than the horde does for a race. If anything Horde Paladins need another race before Alliance Shamans do.
    I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you over arcane torrent.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No way. It's already a travesty that every race except one can be mages and warriors.
    Gnomes and Night Elves should not be able to choose Mage, Gnomes and Blood Elves should not be able to choose Warriors and DKs.
    Wait, what? Why should a gnome not be able to be a mage?
    Gnomes and blood elves definitely should be able to be warriors. Did you not play WC3 with the whole spellbreakers and other high elven units? And guess what, Silvermoon was one of the first places hit by Arthas.... Thus, there are plenty of elven bodies to rise.

if it was your way, gnomes would only be able to be priests, rogues, and warlocks, you realize this? and priests was added in cata. if a gnome could be a priest or a warlock, why not a mage?

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Riordrian View Post
    nand on belf warriors well warrior is imo the class with the least knowlegde needed so basically everyone can be one :P
    You clearly haven't played a warrior, have you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance has 4 options of being Shaman.

Horde 2 options of being Paladin.

I would like to hear your argument about this being fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

Main faith practiced in Stormwind: The Holy Light

Main faith practiced in Orgrimmar: Shamanism

This is all hypothetical: This is the main reason why Paladins and Shamans were exclusive, and the reason that the Horde have more Shaman choices than the Alliance and vice-versa for Paladins.

And in my opinion, Blood Elf is really the only Horde race that makes even some sense for Paladin due to previous high elves being members of the Knights of the Silver Hand. Tauren Paladin is one of the, if not the, worst lore twists in the game.

Anything that needs substantial lore-twisting to make it happen really doesn't need to be implemented, for example another of the six Alliance races becoming Shamans.
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2013-03-05 at 10:40 AM.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    This. If you go to the Hinterlands or Twilight Highlands there's a lot of dwarves there with shamanistic tattoos on their heads / faces and actually have more of a shamanistic connection than the other races, not so much a massive focus on the elemental spirits as Nobundo is in the Exodar or the horde ones, but they have some connection with the gryphons they rear and the land around them. Occasionally ritualistic. I just wish we could have those tattoos as an option available to dwarves.
    Yeah. About draenei shamans: aren't they taught shamanism by a furbolg? That's gotta tell you something
    Like worgen learning from nightelves and what not.

-I think if you go by style, a worgen shaman for example would make as much sense as a druid (ghostwolf, feral spirits vs. pre-class shape shifting), or a gnome shaman as much sense as a goblin one.
    -Same with common sense. It doesn't make sense for goblins to be shamans, but they are anyway. So why not gnomes?
    -If you go by the assumption that any soul of any race has the capability to develop into any direction, and therefor, any class (a gnome/tauren/goblin or whatever that lost his familiy to the scourge, and seeks comfort in the light => priest/paladin), then you could justify and explain every combination with RP'ish reasons

As it is many combinations exist that make no sense, while others dont exist that would actually make more sense still, or could be easily explained.

For example troll paladins. Trolls can use any kind of magic because of the diversity of their loa. And they are already able to be both warriors and priests (an original paladin is a knight taught in the ways of the light), so why not troll paladins?

People at the end of the day would run around in the most hideous combinations as people do with ugly transmogs in other cases. Why holding their hands and simply let them play what they feel is right?

Well, lamenting over it wont help. It will depend on blizzard's whim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

The Alliances has 3 options of being Shaman - While the Horde has 5. The difference there is 2.
    The Alliance has 3 options of being Paladin - the Horde has 2. The difference there is 1.

Seems fair honestly.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    Main faith practiced in Stormwind: The Holy Light

Main faith practiced in Orgrimmar: Shamanism

This is all hypothetical: This is the main reason why Paladins and Shamans were exclusive, and the reason that the Horde have more Shaman choices than the Alliance and vice-versa for Paladins.

And in my opinion, Blood Elf is really the only Horde race that makes even some sense for Paladin due to previous high elves being members of the Knights of the Silver Hand. Tauren Paladin is one of the, if not the, worst lore twists in the game.

Anything that needs substantial lore-twisting to make it happen really doesn't need to be implemented, for example another of the six Alliance races becoming Shamans.
    However that has nothing to do with why the Blood Elves can be Paladins (http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_knight). No Elves were members of the Silver Hand, and they only recently started accepting Dwarves into their ranks (vanilla), so before you start talking about lore-twists, you might want to actually learn the lore eh? Besides, Sunwalkers makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-03-05 at 10:49 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    However that has nothing to do with why the Blood Elves can be Paladins (http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_knight). No Elves were members of the Silver Hand, and they only recently started accepting Dwarves into their ranks (vanilla), so before you start talking about lore-twists, you might want to actually learn the lore eh? Besides, Sunwalkers makes perfect sense.
    This NPC is listed here among other Paladins as being at one time a member of the Silver Hand. He was also mentored by Uther who, correct me if I am wrong since my lore is so touchy, was also a member of the Knights of the Silver Hand. Also, please explain to me why Arator, the Son of Turalyon, who is a half-elf Paladin, would not be a member as well since 'Elves were never members?'

Also, I know how the BLOOD KNIGHTS were formed, my argument is based on where the initial idea for Blood Elves to become Paladins in the first place originated.
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2013-03-05 at 09:36 PM.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Shaman in wow do not always have to "be in tune with the elements" it's about getting the elements to do what you want, so yes, given the proper lore anything can be a shaman. while most do operate by being in tune with the elements, goblins for example have contracts with the elements, probably something along the lines of "If you do my bidding, I promise not to defile your lake with my sludge"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    This NPC is listed here among other Paladins as being at one time a member of the Silver Hand. He was also a mentor of Uther who, correct me if I am wrong since my lore is so touchy, was also a member of the Knights of the Silver Hand. Also, please explain to me why Arator, the Son of Turalyon, who is a half-elf Paladin, would not be a member as well since 'Elves were never members?'

Also, I know how the BLOOD KNIGHTS were formed, my argument is based on where the initial idea for Blood Elves to become Paladins in the first place originated.
    First of all, this guy wasn't Uther's mentor "He harbors deep hatred toward his former mentor, the late Uther the Lightbringer" - Uther was HIS mentor, also it never states that he actually became a full member of the Silver Hand, it only states that he was once Uther's pupil. Oh and he's also the ONLY full-blood elf that we know of who might have been a member, making him the exception of the rule.

And Arator as was a child when he was brought to Draenor, therefore he became a Paladin on Draenor despite the place lacking the officials who could make him a true member, not to mention there is absolutely no info about him, the only thing that even hints that he's a paladin is the fact that he's wearing the Judgement armor. Oh and of course, he's not an Elf, he's a HALF elf, making him half human, guess the dominant race of the Silver Hand?

Also, your list states that Terenas was a Paladin of the Silver Hand which is nothing less than bullshit, which renders your list useless.

And oh well, in that case your "argument" is nothing but pure speculation.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    Shaman in wow do not always have to "be in tune with the elements" it's about getting the elements to do what you want, so yes, given the proper lore anything can be a shaman. while most do operate by being in tune with the elements, goblins for example have contracts with the elements, probably something along the lines of "If you do my bidding, I promise not to defile your lake with my sludge"
    There's also the Taunka and the Yaungol who both force the elements to serve them, so yeah, you don't have to be in tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    Was talking solely from a PvE perspective. Horde Holy paladin has Arcane Torrent which is good, but Ret has nothing and Prot has Tauren which isn't anything special.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Tauren Paladin is one of the, if not the, worst lore twists in the game.
    Night Elf Mages is worse, most people think its odd when I say this but if you are a lore buff or have read The Shattering or any lore where the Night Elves feature prominently you see that the Night Elves hate arcane magic with a fiery passion. Not to mention the physical repercussions of a night elf using arcane magic are just ignored in game. It just makes me rage every time I see one.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Night Elf Mages is worse, most people think its odd when I say this but if you are a lore buff or have read The Shattering or any lore where the Night Elves feature prominently you see that the Night Elves hate arcane magic with a fiery passion. Not to mention the physical repercussions of a night elf using arcane magic are just ignored in game. It just makes me rage every time I see one.
    How can you call yourself a lore buff and then complain about this? Night Elf mages makes perfect sense; As a Night Elf mage you play as the apprentice of one of the recently returned Highborne, you realise that sure - arcane magic can lead to all sorts of horror, but you are willing to take that risk to save the world and your people, it's just like msot warlocks really - fight fire with fire.

And what physical repercussions are we talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    Arcane Torrent is near worthless since MoP. It's nerfed to 2% mana. Big deal. And with fixed mana pools it already had lost part of its appeal in the first place. Belf racial are in a pretty bad state at the moment.

Horde has 5 options of being shaman and alliance 3. That is currently in place. So your argument of fairness doesn't really apply when it is clearly not that way for shamans. Look at the facts for the 2 classes that were originally either horde or ally only:

Currently for paladins:

Alliance 3: Humans, Dwarves, Draenei
    Horde 2: Blood Elves, Tauren

Currently for shamans:

Alliance 3: Dwarves, Draenei, Panderan
    Horde 5: Orcs, Troll, Tauren, Goblin, Panderan

So between these two classes horde currently have 7 options to make them versus 6 for ally. Personally I do not care. But since you are trying to claim a lack of fairness for horde on these classes then I felt compelled to post. And ally only have 3 options for shaman, not 4 (so you are incorrect there).

I would so make a human shaman!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Arcane Torrent is near worthless since MoP. It's nerfed to 2% mana. Big deal. And with fixed mana pools it already had lost part of its appeal in the first place. Belf racial are in a pretty bad state at the moment.
    I didn't realize they removed the 3 second NPC silence from it. That blows. Yah?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I think they should go ahead and just make all classes available to all races. Restrictions because of lore or whatever at this point are just silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogglefek View Post
    I think they should go ahead and just make all classes available to all races. Restrictions because of lore or whatever at this point are just silly.
    "IN THE NAME OF BLOOD AND LIGHT I ORC PALADIN JUDGE YOU!"

God no.

They've already expanded enough as it is. There really is no reason to expand any further. With new race models perhaps there will be a more kindled interest in the older races and less emphasis on variety since they'll be visually more appealing.

Don't kill Paladins, Druids and Shamans please.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-03-05 at 04:24 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    "IN THE NAME OF BLOOD AND LIGHT I ORC PALADIN JUDGE YOU!"

God no.

They've already expanded enough as it is. There really is no reason to expand any further. With new race models perhaps there will be a more kindled interest in the older races and less emphasis on variety since they'll be visually more appealing.

Don't kill Paladins, Druids and Shamans please.
    Well, the orcs power and ability to commune with the elements and the ancestors most likely came from consuming the waters from Oshu'gun, the water which was infused by the dying Naaru inside the vessel - in other words VERY HOLY water, so the idea of an orc paladin or pobably rather a "spirit warrior" really isn't that far fetched.... Or they could learn how to channel the powers of the Sun from the Tauren.

honestly? night elves were a tribal people. i still dont understand why they cant be shaman. but...really? humans looking good in armor? you do realize there hands are bigger than there head right?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    honestly? night elves were a tribal people. i still dont understand why they cant be shaman. but...really? humans looking good in armor? you do realize there hands are bigger than there head right?
    Night Elves were never tribal as such. One of the first things they did was to form a giant empire based around arcane magic. They never dealt with the Elements or the Ancestors. Nor did they build their civilisation upon Druidism, they didn't embrace that until 10.000 years ago, and even then they remained a warrior and priest society, since most of the druids went straight to sleep after the War of the Ancients.