Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I don't think Florena is in charge of the LFR release schedule.

Blizzard doesn't want you to enter LFR until a week after the patch. Doesn't make a huge amount of difference to me and I do LFR exclusively. But you seem to be taking it pretty hard.
    She asked if it would really kill me if I waited six weeks. I think it's relevant to ask from the other side of the spectrum. You may not and yea I'm taking it pretty hard because I don't think it's necessary. It's children taking their ball home and not playing unless the other kids think their special cause they have a toy that the other kids don't have. If I knew the developers were going to continue to cater such behavior I'm not sure I would have subbed again.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I agree with that you said 100%.

But personally your words fall on def ears on these forums.

I would have been ok with the first wing open today fallowed by each week opening another wing. people can come up with anything they wish but in the end this is to keep subs as high as they can nothing more and nothing less.

The major difference in Normal/Heroic Mode progression is that its gated by the ability of you and your group. You can make your gate shorter by playing better/harder.

For LFR this is gated due to the choice of blizzard and the small few who bitch about LFR being required to do for normal mode raiding when there is even a high chance you out gear it due to heroic loot and that it kills there enjoyment of a boss kill.

Here is a question.

How dose killing a boss on a easy'er mode kill your enjoyment now when back in WOTLK and Cata before LFR it didn't kill your enjoyment of killing a heroic mode boss after you done farmed normal mode.

Because that is what this is your kill it on LFR then go to Normal then Heroic and you get happy you killed the boss on a harder setting.

LFR dose not effect your enjoyment in anyway if it did you would have been asking for normal mode raids to be removed at the start of WOTLK and make everything as hard as heroic mode.
    Dude ONE FUCKING BOSS. Doesn't even have to be a WING. Just a fucking taste ffs. It's patch day, why shouldn't I be excited to get a boss today to? I don't care how long it takes them to do their normals. I don't care if their struggling or if they clear it in a week. I raided at all kinds of lvls in this game and I really don't give a flying shit what they do. Why are they so god damn obsessed with what others do in their free time? Why can't they just raid and be happy with raiding at their lvl and let me have raiding at my lvl? Does it matter if I clear it on lfr first? Do you really fucking give a shit about random people you've never met before doing the EASIEST OF EASY content for far less reward than you get out of normals and heroics?

I can understand why people want it all at once, or don't like the 2 week gaps, but I run lfr every week too and I just don't see it as a big deal, certainly not worth all of the threads I've seen pop over it between here and the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I can understand why people want it all at once, or don't like the 2 week gaps, but I run lfr every week too and I just don't see it as a big deal, certainly not worth all of the threads I've seen pop over it between here and the official forums.
    Your not getting it we are not asking for it all at release we are asking to have some short raid content on the day a raid release's.

They want to do 4 wings fine at lease give us the first wing on patch day. Hell they could give us wing 1 on the patch day but not wing 2 for 2 weeks that is fine but fuck give us something so we get a taste of the dam raid.

There is many reasons why people do LFR and not heroic/normal raiding.

Those who only do LFR should not be forced to try to pug the first boss of a new raid just to see the inside of the raid.

All this gating crap since the start of MOP has been to try to keep sub numbers up as long as they can sorry nothing can change how I feel about that and this 6 weeks until we finish the raid crap proves it.

4 wings should = 4 weeks and the first wing on patch day.

As I already proven me doing LFR and beating it and seeing the end boss before normal/heroic mode raiders dose 100% nothing to them so why do they give a shit if we see it.

Back in WOTLK/Cata it use to be Heroic Raider's hated it when normal mode raiders finished there normal mode raid before heroic's did theres and now its Normal/Heroic Vs LFR Its bullshit and people need to stop caring about what others do.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-06 at 12:59 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't even really want it all at once. I understand theirs plenty of reason for a gate. I'd just like a boss this week so I can be excited about the new raid. I don't really give a crap about the normal guys, I don't feel better or worse because they cleared it or didn't. My sense of worth and achievement isn't attached to this game or any video game really.It's not my life. Theirs a word for people like that. I mean even if it was I'm a strong enough person that I would still get achievement out of it REGARDLESS of what other people are doing. All that aside it doesn't factor in to my feeling about this at all. I don't see why they have to care so much if I get a boss in this week. It sucks man. I don't think 6 weeks is a fair gate and I don't think not having anything this week is fair ether. A month long gate would be fine.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-06 at 01:00 AM.

I can agree with having the first wing on day one, I was more responding to the thread in general, and the title of having to wait a month for the whole thing seemed to be a complaint against gating, so my bad for not being more specific. I have no trouble with the gating, but I don't think releasing part 1 of lrf on day one would be a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Dude ONE FUCKING BOSS. Doesn't even have to be a WING. Just a fucking taste ffs. It's patch day, why shouldn't I be excited to get a boss today to?
    May I suggest:

Oondasta
    Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.

?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    May I suggest:

Oondasta
    Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.

?
    Yes lets go do a heroic raid style world boss because clearly that is what the LFR raiders was asking for.........
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Isn't oondasta a legit rare spawn like the one in valley of the four winds though, and not a rapid spawning loot pinata like Sha?

May I suggest:

Oondasta

?
    Is that the world boss?

Isn't oondasta a legit rare spawn like the one in valley of the four winds though, and not a rapid spawning loot pinata like Sha?
    yes and now. it dose not spawn as fast as sha but dose spawn faster then the other rare.

yes and now. it dose not spawn as fast as sha but dose spawn faster then the other rare.
    I mean I'll try and see if theirs a group going tonight if they can tag it and get it as a pub or maybe at some point this week. I don't really think that's a viable alternative but I certainly give it a shot I guess.

Deleted
    Yes lets go do a heroic raid style world boss because clearly that is what the LFR raiders was asking for.........
    New World Boss System
    All world bosses (Sha of Anger, Galleon, Nalak the Storm Lord, and Oondasta) are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week.

So that means you can go with 100 ppl if you want. You are exaggerating when you are comparing world bosses with heroic bosses.

And btw, man said he wants to kill a boss. I was just trying to point him to a boss which should be relatively easy to kill.

New World Boss System
    All world bosses (Sha of Anger, Galleon, Nalak the Storm Lord, and Oondasta) are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week.

So that means you can go with 100 ppl if you want. You are exaggerating when you are comparing world bosses with heroic bosses.
    No I'm not when said world boss is as hard as a heroic raid boss so even if 100 people went to it that dose not mean they would kill it feel free to watch beta videos of this boss that proves that.

I guess the only new content right now is the Isle of Thunder stuff if you don't do normal raids. Which if you hate dailies I guess isn't much consolation.

Honestly I can see it from both points of view.

Blizz doesn't want people to faceroll through their content as soon as its released. Completely understandable.

Then again, my $15 wants to have access immediately or I'll just cancel my sub and come back 2 months down the road.

New World Boss System

And btw, man said he wants to kill a boss. I was just trying to point him to a boss which should be relatively easy to kill.
    So if i see another raid fighting it and as long as I go tap it I get loot from it? Or do I have to be in the raid to get it? Like I could just sit out there and wait for some dudes to come by? I guess fuck with the alliance if they try and come?

I guess the only new content right now is the Isle of Thunder stuff if you don't do normal raids. Which if you hate dailies I guess isn't much consolation.
    Right personally I hate questing therefor only thing I would have to do that I enjoy is LFR "besides soloing old raids". So for those like myself there is no new content until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I understand that not all of LFR should be available from day one, and I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather see it more like

5.3. normal raid
    12.3. LFR part 1 + 2
    19.3 LFR part 3+4

That's still two weeks to wait for the whole LFR to be playable. Even releasing one part every week would be better than having to wait 2 weeks for each part 3 and 4. Over a month seems extreme. If I subscribe this week, my one month of subscription will run out before I can do the whole raid. Is that intentional to keep casual players more tied to the game?

We are bads. We don't put in the time and effort. That's why we will wait for a month before seeing the raid content.

Get over it. If you wanna see the content, then put some fucking effort and time into the game. Get into a real guild and raid, like a gamer.

Deleted
    No I'm not when said world boss is as hard as a heroic raid boss so even if 100 people went to it that dose not mean they would kill it feel free to watch beta videos of this boss that proves that.
    Ok, so what if he is hard? You will have something extra to do while you wait for LFR. I was under impression that LFR was for people who can't commit to raiding schedule. World bosses don't require any commitment. You log in, if he is like Sha, wait for spawn and take a shot for it. Better then be angry on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Honestly I can see it from both points of view.

Blizz doesn't want people to faceroll through their content as soon as its released. Completely understandable.

Then again, my $15 wants to have access immediately or I'll just cancel my sub and come back 2 months down the road.
    That is your prerogative