Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Certainly the biggest personality outside of Churchill.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:12 PM ----------

I keep seeing references to Australia's border control. What's the reputation there? It was the easiest immigration/customs I've ever been through, and fully 3/4 of the foreign people I met there were there on year work visas, with half those people not even working.
    Australia requires you to have enough money to pay for rent and food for a certain amount of time before they'll grant you a student or work visa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    I think your VAT idea is pretty sound, my understand is that it works similar to Norway's system (although I am from the UK so not entirely sure on this!) and it's something I've moaned about for a while. I think your immigration and probably emigration policies are a little harsh. I'd also need to see some stuff about the education system before I voted for you... especially if you're basically adopting Australia level border control (which in itself is fine), will our education system be good enough to train a strong workforce?

University is too expensive for barely any gain at the moment. If you scrapped tuition fees with some of the money you were saving elsewhere if possible (or capped them at £1k per year at the very least) then I think we'd see more people considering Uni as an option.

Our Education sector needs work, but basically in the opposite way to what Michael Gove is doing. There's nothing wrong with GCSEs and A Levels in my opinion. What is wrong, is the syllabus, ICT for the most part. The ICT syllabus in the UK is woefully inadequate. We need to teach these kids how to code, about unix, about soooo much more than MS Office. Otherwise in 30-40 years we're going to be eclipsed by other nations who are writing all of the code, and we'll be a nation of tech consumers. ICT should form a much larger part of the education.

Also want to see views on electoral reform. Basically any party that has Proportional Representation in their manifesto will get my vote... Plurality is a terrible system for any sort of actual democracy.

Your Jobseekers plus idea is actually really good. May I offer that it might also be a good idea if one day a fortnight, there could be a mandatory CV writing and interview technique class as part of the Jobseekers thing you need to do to get your money. Otherwise, they will probably start treating the jobseekers stuff as a job in itself, and complain that they have no time for applying for jobs and going to interviews etc. which is the whole point of it. I actually think that lack of skill in CV writing and interview technique is one of the reasons people get legitimately stuck in Jobseekers (those who are actually trying to get work but can't).
    CV writing end interview technique classes for hundreds of thousands of unemployed, at whos expense?

Also cutting jobseekers helps nobody. So now unemployed people can't afford houses, or decent clothes to wear to interviews, or food or whatever for personal hygeine and upkeep and can't actually get a job and it gets progressively worse? This leads people to depression which in turn makes job seeking even harder, we already have a huge prevelenace of depression within the unemployed population.

Though I do agree they should not be able to get sky tv, cigarettes, booze etc with jobseekers.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    Demanding an interest-rate freeze from our creditors will achieve nothing besides a group of foreign Finance Ministers laughing hysterically.
    Or, they'd realise a new and structured plan on how to deal with our finances would be far better then just hoping the situation will resolve itself magically by cutting spending everywhere.

You have so many grammatical mistakes, that it makes you look like a clown with your national ideas. Some Englishman you are.

Infracted: Please refrain from posting only to call out other people for their grammar without even trying to correct them or addressing their arguments.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-03-25 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    CV writing end interview technique classes for hundreds of thousands of unemployed, at whos expense?

Also cutting jobseekers helps nobody. So now unemployed people can't afford houses, or decent clothes to wear to interviews, or food or whatever for personal hygeine and upkeep and can't actually get a job and it gets progressively worse? This leads people to depression which in turn makes job seeking even harder, we already have a huge prevelenace of depression within the unemployed population.

Though I do agree they should not be able to get sky tv, cigarettes, booze etc with jobseekers.
    I wouldn't agree with the CV / Interview Techniques programme, I don't think it is needed, but the Job Seekers System I feel would be beneficial. People would have the option to earn more money then they do know, by contributing to the local community, making it an attractive place to visit and be.

I wouldn't want to enforce rules on what people can buy on Job Seekers though. That is their choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Or, they'd realise a new and structured plan on how to deal with our finances would be far better then just hoping the situation will resolve itself magically by cutting spending everywhere.
    And what if they said No? That would scupper your entire plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    You have so many grammatical mistakes, that it makes you look like a clown with your national ideas. Some Englishman you are.
    Because Grammar is a key part in having fantastic ideas. Tell you what, I'll let a few of my friends know that they should quit their executive jobs because their grammar is appalling!

Deleted
    'fantastic ideas'

please...

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Which, I've said at the very start, would obviously impact the entire situation I'm discussing.

And they would say "no". What would they get out of renegotiating interest levels?

Thats it pick on the poor people.

Why not go after the rich people that tax evade?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

'fantastic ideas'

please...
    Care to provide better alternatives?

Deleted
    Which, I've said at the very start, would obviously impact the entire situation I'm discussing.
    What is your back up plan? A good leader will have Plans B, C, D and E ready incase Plan A goes wrong.

Yeh, reviewing it from the opinions people have made, it does seem overkill. Do you have any other solution to ensuring that the country ins't a target of Benefit Fraud from Immigrants?
    Don't grant benefits to non-citizens? Once citizens, they have to right to identical benefits as those who are citizens from birth.

I don't know why people think Britain would even have to ask. When the board of the Bank of England meets each month, what do they decide? The interest rate on government debt, that's what.

Deleted
    Doesn't have to be at huge expense (RE: jobseekers CV writing). A little investment can make a programme that can basically teach itself. I'm not suggesting one-to-one tuition or anything, but something web-based might work well, like a webinar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Thats it pick on the poor people.

Why not go after the rich people that tax evade?
    How am I going after the poor people? Tax Breaks, Lower Taxes, More money in their pocket ... I don't see one policy that will attack people on low incomes! Even those on Job Seekers have a chance to gain Work Experience, Keep themselves fit and mentally in a work ethos and earn more money ...

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:25 PM ----------

What is your back up plan? A good leader will have Plans B, C, D and E ready incase Plan A goes wrong.
    We could go as extreme as to simply threaten to default on our debts with them, and be prepared to do so. The U.K. would lose massively by doing so, but we'd have a clean slate to work with. I'd not want to do that, but the simple fact is that many of the loan providers would be prepared to lower rates for better yield in the long term!

Deleted
    Care to provide better alternatives?
    Allow the government which is educated and informed make policy, and stick to something that you understand.

That is a better alternative.

Your ideas forego national law, international law, human rights, EU law, and just common sense at times. Your ideas are 'average stating the obvious at best'.

It is like me saying, 'I suggest we make the economy stronger and increase growth to 10% per year , ignoring the logistics, laws and implications required to carry that out ! '

What a fantastic idea!

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:31 PM ----------

How am I going after the poor people? Tax Breaks, Lower Taxes, More money in their pocket ... I don't see one policy that will attack people on low incomes! Even those on Job Seekers have a chance to gain Work Experience, Keep themselves fit and mentally in a work ethos and earn more money ...

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:25 PM ----------

We could go as extreme as to simply threaten to default on our debts with them, and be prepared to do so. The U.K. would lose massively by doing so, but we'd have a clean slate to work with. I'd not want to do that, but the simple fact is that many of the loan providers would be prepared to lower rates for better yield in the long term!

Again proving you do not understand simple economics. simply going 'yeah we'll just default on our debts fuck it yolo guys!' is 100% not viable.

10+ Year Old Account

Again proving you do not understand simple economics. simply going 'yeah we'll just default on our debts fuck it yolo guys!' is 100% not viable.
    YOLO as government policy made me chuckle.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Allow the government which is educated and informed make policy, and stick to something that you understand.
    What makes you think governments are fit to govern?

The U.K. has a Business Secretary that has never run a business, our Health Secretary used to be our Culture Secretary. Where are these educted individuals you speak of?

Plan of last resort, a plan that we need to be prepared to use.

Anyone who is an illegal immigrant would be deported immediately, despite their 'Human Rights' along with anyone found harbouring Illegal Immigrants.
    And you will achive bringing eternal shame that all British people will carry with them for generations ahead. Also, we can add the fact such act will trigger a lot of international hate thowards England causing lots of foreign investors to step back and re-direct their capital elsewhere.