Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    -Any "hacking" scene in a movie
    In girl with the dragon tattoo and social network they code for realz atleast! sql&php

Q-Any "hacking" scene in a movie
    Definitely tired of these too. Especially when a encrypted password to a super computer is cracked by some cheesy hack tool from a thumb drive in under a second.

Here's my list.

-Computers that make little bleeps and bloops every time the user types away on it. Especially when it is a modern computer... There's nothing real about it. Plus it would be annoying to use a computer that beeped away every time you pressed a key.

-There's coming doom and the entire world is going to be destroyed, but oh wait! The super bad aliens forgot to check with all their incomprehensible technology that there is one insignificant thing that kills them all in one fell swoop!

-Unnecessary love scenes included just to take up time.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-03-28 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slasher movies cliches where people don't think what normal people would do, its in every horror movie, running up stairs when you should be running out the door, stopping to investigate things instead of moving on, cars breaking down at convenient places, and the fact that no one has a mobile phone and when they do it isnt working I mean come on, these people deserve to die :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I think every single TV show that is like CSI, where someone gets killed and they have to go around playing detective to find the killer. I mean, some shows I enjoy. I'm talking like Bones, Numb3rs, Supernatural, anything... it's just so uncreative and the only reason I enjoy them is because of the main storyline inside them. Why do the best tv shows and movies always do bad or get cancelled when they're so amazing? Firefly and Terra Nova to name two.

Deleted
    When the last scene is about someone winning against cancer or getting negative results on HIV test. 99% of the movies when someone has cancer or some disease.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azorin View Post
    Well i can clearly see u havent read any of the books, so before u make a statement maybe take a few mins to get the fact stright.

in the books the eagle's states that they cant carry them for long fly couse they r to heavy and need to let them of.
    they state this in the hobbit book when they do the exacly same scene in the book, and there the reason they dont fly them all the way to mt.doom, couse they cant carry them that fare. they are eagle's not airplaines.

Ok that might be the 'reason' they used but it's still a really shitty excuse for a massive plot hole throughout the whole film. I mean these eagles are massive any sort of logic can see they would have no problem what so ever carrying a hobbit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Not exactly the love always win, but more the "love makes the characters stupid" stuff.

- He killed a thousand people!!!!
    - But he's my son/father/brother/husband!!!

Seriously? That's your argument?
    this exactly

i hate it when they use this stupid family argument

When a former cast member returns for one self-contained episode in a later season, wherein the show is forced to take a detour from the actual story in order to accommodate this no-longer-relevant character and the completely unrelated adventure they want to go on.

Deleted
    Movie actors that have gun magazines that hold hundreds of bullets (See: Bruce Willis).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    -The bad guy has to die in some freaky way or when he attempts to kill the good guys one last time while under arrest.
    -"You punch me once then I punch you once and so on" fights.
    -Prodigies that just happen to be characters in the movie, so that they can show-off how they can do anything, and then some.
    -Walking in the rain after a heart-breaking incident or rain during a funeral.
    -Bad guys can't shoot for shit.
    -Shaky cam, close-ups, and all other techniques that are supposedly utilised to make action scenes cool, when in fact they are used either because the director doesn't know how to make a proper action scene, or because the actors can't do much. All the while I am left trying to figure out what is going on.
    -People almost never eating a meal that is in front of them in movies. They just talk a bit and walk away. Poor moms in Hollywood movies; they make those huge breakfasts but neither dad nor the kids have any time to eat anything, ever.
    -Damsels in distress.
    -Exposition
    -The retired-due-to-a-horrible-last-mission, genius, unmatched-in-skill, ex-special-black-secret-and-tirquose-forces protagonist, that in the beginning of the movie is spending time sulking on top of some mountain. Because a "normal" special forces operative is just too boring.
    -Blowing evil headquarters up. Stop ruining those places!
    -Swan songs. Fricking swan songs are the worst for me. If it's a samurai movie it will most likely be set during the time when samurais started to become useless. If it has elves it will be at a time when there are very few left and their numbers diminishing even more (wtf Tolkien). And so on. Because elves on their own are not an exciting concept, we have to make them nearly extinct as well.
    Man this annoys me so much i would want to make a movie where people do nothing but eating

"hey the aliens are attacking !"
    "so what i'm eating"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Not always.

Pocahontas.. I mean Avatar sorta shows the capitalistic humans losing, and an alien species, supported by humans, winning.
    There's still a human/main character left so no, still a human who survives.

"the romantic misunderstanding"
    What I mean by this, is the fact that we spend nearly the entirety of the movie/show's duration that could of been rendered moot had the two protagonists just talked like adults for ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Azorin View Post
    Well i can clearly see u havent read any of the books, so before u make a statement maybe take a few mins to get the fact stright.

in the books the eagle's states that they cant carry them for long fly couse they r to heavy and need to let them of.
    they state this in the hobbit book when they do the exacly same scene in the book, and there the reason they dont fly them all the way to mt.doom, couse they cant carry them that fare. they are eagle's not airplaines.
    What would of made more sense, was if the eagles being proud creatures would of viewed the Hobbits as prey.

Also I hope you left the cheezeburger cat spelling in place as a joke.
    Last edited by zeekphreak; 2013-03-28 at 06:10 PM.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    These few take the cake. Also the air bud one had me cracking up. You do know that was just a kid fun movie lol. I'm also tired of seeing the good guys win in every show/movie.
    The hacking thing usually amuses me as well since they try to make it not look boring as hell.

I recently rewatched the short lived X-Files spin off "The Lone Gunmen" and was surprised that when they did show one of them hacking somewhere, the screen was.....pretty much nothing but text and sometimes it would have the very basic popup boxes that computers use. They kept it to a minimum and didn't spent much time focusing on it. For a quirky show more meant for light heartedness, I was actually a little impressed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Not exactly what you're asking but it's always bothered me in The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Rings, why they didn't just get the Eagles to carry them to Smaugs Lair/Mt. Doom. I mean I guess it would have cut the books down by a lot and not be extremely interesting but it certainly would have been a hell of a lot easier on them.
    Tolkien actually didn't like using the Eagles for that very reason and as such kept them rarely included in the books. I seem to recall there's actually lengthy information as to why exactly they didn't just fly them closer, but I always like to just use the excuse "Man, dem eagles got shit to do, they can't just be your personal taxi all over the place. They got bid'ness of their own to deal with."

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Thats what i'm getting at. I can feel an emotional attachment to characters, but i just hate love stories.
    The lack of a forced love story is what made me actually really like the last Rocky movie as well as The Expendables (aside from it being mindless, ridiculous classic 80s action style movie)

My personal one?

Bruce Willis' John McClane in Die Hard = Normal guy in bad situation and does what has to be done = GOOD

Bruce Willis' John McClane, and every other action hero in the past decade = Super skilled bad ass capable of doing and surviving anything with a smirk no his face = So bad, please just shoot ME and get it over with!!!!

Seriously, even Jason Bourne was just a guy with extensive top notch training and now they make a new Bourne movie with a new guy that needs genetic alterations or something.

I miss the mortal, human heroes who just have to suck it up and pull through.

Also, in both video games and movies, too many "he should be dead" moments. Falling 10 stories and breaking through boards, scaffolds, etc with just a few scratches irritates me.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-03-28 at 06:22 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    - ANYTHING that involves "trained" personel. Aka police / army / special forces / private security.
    Every single one of those will know that an assult rifle is better than an SMG, and an SMG better than a pistol.
    - Grenades and other explosives not working the real way
    - Broken science.
    - Boken physics
    - Broken love

All the army / arms stuff annoy me because I know how it works from my time in the army.

Proud nerd

My confession: I like the Swifty 1shot macro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karl1ok View Post
    - ANYTHING that involves "trained" personel. Aka police / army / special forces / private security.
    Every single one of those will know that an assult rifle is better than an SMG, and an SMG better than a pistol.
    - Grenades and other explosives not working the real way
    - Broken science.
    - Boken physics
    - Broken love

All the army / arms stuff annoy me because I know how it works from my time in the army.
    SMG's have their applications, but generally you're right. Specially about pistols, a pistol is to be used to get to your rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    when a character lies, and tells more lies to cover the lie, and hilarity ensues!

ugh its so repetitive and inane

10+ Year Old Account
    Action film manuscripts. Fuck logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm gonna turn to evil because I had a bad dream about my girlfriend."

Okay, maybe I just hate the star wars prequels . . .
    Putin khuliyo

(on people never eating the food in front of them)

This actually has to do with multiple takes and continuity. The reason they don't eat anything is so that in case the scene is messed up, they can easily redo it without continuity errors with the food.
    Thank. You. So. Much. That has always bothered me in movies/shows, and now it will bother me less. I still might not like it, but knowing the practical logic will put my mind at ease.

OT: the kids solving mysteries and catching bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Ok that might be the 'reason' they used but it's still a really shitty excuse for a massive plot hole throughout the whole film. I mean these eagles are massive any sort of logic can see they would have no problem what so ever carrying a hobbit.
    Well, the bigger reason is that those giant eagles in LOTR setting are essentially equivalent to angels. They are servants of Manwe, one of the highest of LOTR equivalent of gods. In an epic story, heroes don't call down angels to do their work for them.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...