Poll: Do you discriminate against players for superficial reasons?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Whenever I see a warrior in arena I just automatically assume if they don't 1 shot me immediately they're going to QQ about my class afterwards.

Keyboard turners, I won't go into detail with this one because i'll probably get infracted.

Deleted
    ITT - Really bad stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a bad taste for Tauren Druids. Most I have met are full of themselves, and all Female Tauren Druids I have met are terrible since I can remember.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Night elf males, any class or form... the horror. But in particular the DK's and the Hunters... what on earth makes those players want to play a model with such disgusting and horrific animations... I mean... really, how can you live with yourself?!

Also, male squid-faces, the females are sexy (as far as pixels can be sexy) but the males... ugh
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hunter's who don't name they pets.
    Male night elfs and draenei.
    Undead male's seems to be either really good and nice or well morons.

The super social guildies on my server are so vapid and natter on about the most stupid shit.. and they allways are rejecting other people based on looks and whatnot in game.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

everytime we get an apply that says they started playing during ToC or later I assume they are average or below, yet to be disproven though.

Deleted
    Yes, by name mostly. Arthasdk, Dkdk, Roguex, Newbpwn or stuff like that. If I see names like that I think the person is a moron. Also, male blood elf paladins are jerks that go on ganking sprees.

Deleted
    aliance players - hate them from the bottom of my heart these bad scumbags! horde4life

I can sometimes get a certain image of a person from their race, class, name, title (and other aspects such as choice of gems/enchants), but I've learned with time that people can surprise you both in a positive and a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I can sometimes get a certain image of a person from their race, class, name, title (and other aspects such as choice of gems/enchants), but I've learned with time that people can surprise you both in a positive and a negative way.
    I've yet to have a guild recruit with ascii characters in their name that didn't end up being antisocial and selfish... and regardless of their skill level, they generally weren't looking to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do sometimes. Not so much discriminate, but I have pre-conceived notions, or stereotype that I sometimes attach to players who play a certain race/class/face type/hair color/etc. I try not to, because there is absolutely no relation between those at all, but it's hard to avoid confirmation bias even for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I do sometimes. Not so much discriminate, but I have pre-conceived notions, or stereotype that I sometimes attach to players who play a certain race/class/face type/hair color/etc. I try not to, because there is absolutely no relation between those at all, but it's hard to avoid confirmation bias even for me.
    I agree.

Even though I really try to not have any prejudices, it happens more often than not that male Night Elf/Draenei DKs make me facepalm IRL.
    Especially if they have a name like Darkdk, Arthasxx etc. (and yes, I'm sometimes baffled by how often one encounters such a specimen).
    Either because they behave like pubertal morons, or because they are plain bad.

Deleted
    People with the word 'Boy' in their name or 'Defias' always seem to turn out to be total dicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players from Quebec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes. They are lowest of the low (in more ways than one).
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

If I recognize a name from these forums, that's an instant votekick

I assume all hunters stand in fire
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Anyone whos instance reaction back to a ret is "LOL YOU PLAY RET LEARN A REAL SPEC" stereotypes aren't fun.