Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    when content becomes stale, is it a big deal if people dont want to do old LFR and gear with new dungeons?

honestly, getting people to run LFR 100 times just so they can meet the t16 ilvl requirement gets old really fast. exaggerating, sure, but it seems like the only end-game content is raids. thats IT.

If the drop rate on the gear is anywhere as low as the drop rate of the current epics are, then I see no point in running these. I have done a 3 man a day to gain rep on an alt since they added that option with 2 toons and have not seen an epic from a box.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats the first time ive seen any hearthstone gameplay, and im sure ill get told to "stfu" or "nobody cares", to be quite honest it looks dumb. got nothing against tcg's and i love mtg quite a bit, but there is personally nothing appealing about hearthstone. oh well, to each their own

so you cant queue with randoms for heroic scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    thats the first time ive seen any hearthstone gameplay, and im sure ill get told to "stfu" or "nobody cares", to be quite honest it looks dumb. got nothing against tcg's and i love mtg quite a bit, but there is personally nothing appealing about hearthstone. oh well, to each their own
    Never really understood the reason people type all that. Just state your opinion. It's like people either try to pre-defend their statement, or to just bait.

I am not in to card stuff at all. It was a good watch tho.

Poor blizz can't win....If a good player does a piece of content that's too easy it's...'omg all of wow is faceroll'. Tune the content up to where it's challenging for them, and the average person is like, 'omg this is impossibly hard, i have a life and play this game for fun.' Lose/Lose no matter what they do...

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    If the drop rate on the gear is anywhere as low as the drop rate of the current epics are, then I see no point in running these. I have done a 3 man a day to gain rep on an alt since they added that option with 2 toons and have not seen an epic from a box.

You did one a day and didn't get something that's supposed to be a low droprate? Travesty i tell ya...way to work at it.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Poor blizz can't win....If a good player does a piece of content that's too easy it's...'omg all of wow is faceroll'. Tune the content up to where it's challenging for them, and the average person is like, 'omg this is impossibly hard, i have a life and play this game for fun.' Lose/Lose no matter what they do...

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 11:38 PM ----------

You did one a day and didn't get something that's supposed to be a low droprate? Travesty i tell ya...way to work at it.
    Yes, you can only get one box a day. So way to talk smack as if I could have tried harder when that is all Blizz lets you do. Did it on 3 toons for a month now. So actually 3 times a day for a month, and not one epic from a box. Now if you feel doing something for 3 months and not getting a reward for it is worth it, then we both play the game for different reasons. I can see 1 a week or maybe 1 every 10 days being a better drop rate.
    Last edited by Fraeblood; 2013-04-14 at 01:19 AM.

Yes, you can only get one box a day. So way to talk smack as if I could have tried harder when that is all Blizz lets you do. Did it on 3 toons for a month now. So actually 3 times a day for a month, and not one epic from a box. Now if you feel doing something for 3 months and not getting a reward for it is worth it, then we both play the game for different reasons. I can see 1 a week or maybe 1 every 10 days being a better drop rate.
    So now it's 3 toons...first it was 2....soon your next reply will be 4. First off...do you understand what a low droprate is? You aren't 'meant' to get epics in scenarios, it's a bonus....it's mainly an alternate way of getting valor, which to entitlement generation folks like you, is your guaranteed gear. 2nd...quit acting like it takes more than 15 minutes to do a scenario, and you're putting SO much time into it. You're the type to gripe regardless what they do. You're not relying on those scenario epics to get gear, so if you don't like it, don't do it. I like them as an insta Q for dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monomania View Post
    It's going to be Blizzard's problem when they get their numbers by the end of this expansion. So much filler these three patches.
    Every patch is filler from launch till last raid of the expansion, as that is when you kill the main bad guy.

Also feels like heroic scenarios were specially made for disc priest, just gonna heal with my 80k dps np.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    So now it's 3 toons...first it was 2....soon your next reply will be 4. First off...do you understand what a low droprate is? You aren't 'meant' to get epics in scenarios, it's a bonus....it's mainly an alternate way of getting valor, which to entitlement generation folks like you, is your guaranteed gear. 2nd...quit acting like it takes more than 15 minutes to do a scenario, and you're putting SO much time into it. You're the type to gripe regardless what they do. You're not relying on those scenario epics to get gear, so if you don't like it, don't do it. I like them as an insta Q for dps.
    You totally missed my point, but that it ok, you are obviously quick to judge and lable people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Oh, and here's the thing about scenarios, dungeons, and raids: dungeons and raids are handled by two teams, one which is responsible for level design (creating the dungeons) and one which is responsible for encounters (creating the bosses). Creating a dungeon means not just designing a layout, but completely designing the dungeon, painting the texture maps, placing the doodads, and ultimately incorporating the whole thing into the world, now that flying mounts are available (unless it's a literal dungeon or a cave). And then the encounter designers come in to design and balance the boss fights.

Scenarios, on the flip side, can be made by any team working on the game. They're easy to design. A lot of them were designed by the quest team as a way to convey important story points. So Blizzard can easily make 2-5 scenarios every patch without affecting raid design at all. If they were to implement 2-3 new heroics, that means that the next raid tier would probably be a couple wings smaller.
    I understand that they are developed by the same teams and that dungeons have been marginalized by Blizzard. I'm saying this was their mistake - not including five-mans as a crucial step on the gearing ladder. There's no reason they can't be important, Blizzard simply chose to just include LFR versions of the raid wings instead since they can just retune the raid they've already developed, rather than develop new dungeons. The people who don't like raiding but enjoy dungeons as one of the primary features of the patches are left with nothing worth subbing for.
    Last edited by Monomania; 2013-04-14 at 03:59 AM.

Unless i'm crazy, but im sure currently every scenario you do, whenever, gives you a Greater Cache of Treasures. Not just once a day -_-
    Keep bikkering you 2!

I find hearthstone cool game, a the duels are pretty funny.

Deleted
    Lol, trust Thrall to win on hearthstone!

Why is all this hearthstone crap on mmo-champ's front page? It's not world of warcraft, give it a sub-forum if you must but it's off-topic from wow. Really annoys me when forum sites don't follow their own rules :P

Giving away items for unbalanced content like Scenarios where some specs have huge advantage is simply not acceptable. The same goes for challenge modes. The game is simply not balanced for so awarding players for unbalanced advantage is simply not acceptable. Another reason to not touch this expansion again.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Monomania View Post
    I understand that they are developed by the same teams and that dungeons have been marginalized by Blizzard. I'm saying this was their mistake - not including five-mans as a crucial step on the gearing ladder. There's no reason they can't be important, Blizzard simply chose to just include LFR versions of the raid wings instead since they can just retune the raid they've already developed, rather than develop new dungeons. The people who don't like raiding but enjoy dungeons as one of the primary features of the patches are left with nothing worth subbing for.
    WOW was once the king of holy trinity gaming. Its no longer. Neverwinter will have a good following cause it has very strong holy trinity dungeon system. SWTOR just released an expansion that has some very well done operations and trinity content. WOW simply does not have that anymore.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-04-14 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Giving away items for unbalanced content like Scenarios where some specs have huge advantage is simply not acceptable. The same goes for challenge modes. The game is simply not balanced for so awarding players for unbalanced advantage is simply not acceptable. Another reason to not touch this expansion again.
    Why are you complaining about a lootbag everyone will get regardless of class/spec? You can do hc scenario with whatever class/spec. Will you meet the vp bonus objective? Maybe not. You still get the bag.
    Challenge modes are maybe easier for some classes or specs, but it does not mean it can not be done by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    Why are you complaining about a lootbag everyone will get regardless of class/spec? You can do hc scenario with whatever class/spec. Will you meet the vp bonus objective? Maybe not. You still get the bag.
    Challenge modes are maybe easier for some classes or specs, but it does not mean it can not be done by others.
    My complain is based on the blatant ignorance from BLizzard to create quality trinity content for smaller groups. Instead to try to drag ppl into none trinity content that most agree is just well below par of what is acceptable in terms of co-op quality. Heroic versions will not change that.

Here's a catch-up mecanic for ToT: t14 raids. Now you get more content, not just "jump to last tier".
    Why is there so much complaining? Everyone since ToC till today got so used to only one valid tier.

For now it won't be easy, mostly because every guild out there thinks that if a new raid is released they are forced to do the new shinny raid.

What is the difference as a normal guild between doing Heart of Fear or doing Throne of Thunder?

top of page bug post