Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No worries. I totally miss living in CA. Wouldn't mind living in Seattle or Vancouver either. Wouldn't mind checking out Portland.
    I totally dig the old growth forests. I went on a road trip a few years back and drove through the forest around Mt. St. Helens. Was awesome, it felt like I was driving through Fangorn or something with how dark it was and the forest being so thick that visibility was only like 50 feet at the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Where do you even go to get a view like that.
    You don't go anywhere, it's photoshopped. The night sky will never look like that on earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    You don't go anywhere, it's photoshopped. The night sky will never look like that on earth.
    Not to human eyes, maybe, but to a camera lens with an extremely long exposure, sure.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Not to human eyes, maybe, but to a camera lens with an extremely long exposure, sure.
    It would look pretty awesome nevertheless in the Atacama dessert. ^^

One of my possible dreams is to work at the EELT (European Extremely Large Telescope) in that desert when it starts operating (2022 is the planned date, which means 9 years for me to finish high school (1 year left) and 8 to get a doctorate which should optimally take 7 years, although I'm kind of daydreaming xD), it wouldn't be as bad as it sounds, they actually have hotels there for all the operators.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-04-15 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post

One of my possible dreams is to work at the EELT (European Extremely Large Telescope) in that desert when it starts operating, it wouldn't be as bad as it sounds, they actually have hotels there for all the operators.
    Are they gonna have to truck in water or something? That place makes most deserts look like an oasis.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post

(What the hell is a "multi spectrum lens" anyway, other than a synonym for "I don't know much about astrophotography." ?)
    Correction. Multi SPECTRAL Lenses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multispectral_image
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-mu...tral-image.htm

Indeed I don't know much about astrophotography, but I was talking about taking images in various wavelenghts to create the ilusion of enhanced colours.

P.S I still uphold the point that the OP picture is edited.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-04-15 at 08:51 PM.

I like the convenience of living in the city...but I do love the great outdoors. Camping or getting out on weekends is enough for me though for the most part. If I could have my way, I'd like to live maybe 30 mins outside the city. I don't like being so far out that if something were to happen I would be far from a hospital or police department (where I used to live it would take the police 1 hour to get to where I was...and if you are dealing with a break in that's not good). The country can be beautiful, but so can the city. Night life is beautiful in its own way. I like both...and if I could, I would take the best of the country and put it fairly close to the city so I could enjoy both

it sucks living in the city cause you cant enjoy a nice drive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    With gas prices I can tell you it gets old pretty fast. Probably the second con on my list after only having dial-up or satellite internet as options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell not?

Deleted

A view of the lower part of Birmingham at night, I love it even though where I live it has a lot of bad reputation due to gangs outside of the Birmingham area, but at Christmas and night time it is really something.

Why the hell not?
    I drive a GTO and I could not go past 25 mph -_-, no longer in the city and I can enjoy a nice drive with the windows down cause of the nice clean air

Deleted
    To be honest I don't think that pic is real. I mean, I see plenty of pics like that, but even when I used to go to the countryside, in the middle of nowhere with very little lighting, I never saw something even close to that. Even in the communism dark ages, when people wouldn't leave a front porch light open 24/7 like they do today and children broke the street light in games, I could never see a sky like that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post

One of my possible dreams is to work at the EELT (European Extremely Large Telescope) in that desert when it starts operating (2022 is the planned date, which means 9 years for me to finish high school (1 year left) and 8 to get a doctorate which should optimally take 7 years, although I'm kind of daydreaming xD), it wouldn't be as bad as it sounds, they actually have hotels there for all the operators.
    Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    To be honest I don't think that pic is real. I mean, I see plenty of pics like that, but even when I used to go to the countryside, in the middle of nowhere with very little lighting, I never saw something even close to that. Even in the communism dark ages, when people wouldn't leave a front porch light open 24/7 like they do today and children broke the street light in games, I could never see a sky like that.
    It's a real pic, you just can't see that kind of image first person. It requires all sorts of photographical wizardry involving pictograph devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I drive a GTO and I could not go past 25 mph -_-, no longer in the city and I can enjoy a nice drive with the windows down cause of the nice clean air
    You know the thing about cities is that they don't extend forever. If you want to go out for a "nice drive," just leave the city. I enjoy nice drives all the time with my windows down in the middle of Houston, I drive 70 MPH every damn day, and if I want to get out of town, I can do that too. Seems weird to suggest you can't have a nice drive if you live in a city.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the thing about cities is that they don't extend forever. If you want to go out for a "nice drive," just leave the city. I enjoy nice drives all the time with my windows down in the middle of Houston, I drive 70 MPH every damn day, and if I want to get out of town, I can do that too. Seems weird to suggest you can't have a nice drive if you live in a city.
    70 MPH? Texas has made you soft my friend...

10+ Year Old Account
    we don't have stars/ pretty skyline views...we have grey clouds and slightly less grey clouds...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    70 MPH? Texas has made you soft my friend...
    Nah, Africa made me soft. I don't feel the need for 85 MPH anymore.

Plus the Houston police are far more on the ball when it comes to speeding than the CHP. I pass 2-5 Houston police cars every day on my commute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Africa made me soft. I don't feel the need for 85 MPH anymore.

Plus the Houston police are far more on the ball when it comes to speeding than the CHP. I pass 2-5 Houston police cars every day on my commute.
    Ya, it's like a reverse african herd animal situation here. I always make sure at least one person is going faster than me as a buffer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that Vancouver?

Edit: After reading your Location: it certainly is. Mine are obviously not Houston, but wouldn't it be awesome if they were?
    Yeah, for all of it's perks, Houston just can't get the views that Dallas or San Antonio can.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present