Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Non-smoking Celebrities...

Is it me or does every celebrity, whether it be Harry Potter or Ugly Betty (their actors), seem to smoke? Is there some kind of rule deeming you to smoke upon entrance into the Celebrity world - or do destined celebrities automatically like the garden's leaves too much. Do we know of any that don't smoke?
    Last edited by mmoc066de99503; 2013-04-26 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludus View Post
    Is it me or does every celebrity, whether it be Harry Potter or Ugly Betty, seem to smoke? Is there some kind of rule deeming you to smoke upon entrance into the Celebrity world - or do destined celebrities automatically like the garden's leaves too much. Do we know of any that don't smoke?
    HP and ugly betty are characters not celebrities.

Pretty sure there are some, but like why do you care what celebs do with their personal life?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    HP and ugly betty are characters not celebrities.

Pretty sure there are some, but like why do you care what celebs do with their personal life?
    because I am nosy.

Pretty sure taylor swift doesn't smoke. there's one.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Is it me or does every celebrity, whether it be Harry Potter or Ugly Betty (their actors), seem to smoke? Is there some kind of rule deeming you to smoke upon entrance into the Celebrity world - or do destined celebrities automatically like the garden's leaves too much. Do we know of any that don't smoke?
    Lot of sources of temptation and pressure.

1. Their job in the case of actors. Yeah, there are roles that require smoking, or at least the appearance of it.
    2. The party lifestyle of celebrities.
    3. The bohemian upbringing of many artists. Not really afraid to try anything at least once and surrounded by those who are not artists that do the same.

Nicotine is an appetite suppressant, and you know how celebrities and image work. That could have something to do with it maybe?

Deleted
    Young stars tend to become drug addict losers sooner or later (Source: my rear end) Nicotine is also a drug.

Macaulay Culkin (Home alone) - drug addict
    Michael jackson - addict of painkillers, sleeping pills, died of overdose
    Lindsay Lohan - junkie

Justin Bieber and Daniel Radcliffe are next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Nicotine is an appetite suppressant, and you know how celebrities and image work. That could have something to do with it maybe?
    What the face thing said.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably has something to do with the "bigger than life" mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Pretty sure taylor swift doesn't smoke. there's one.
    No, she just goes through boyfriends about as often as a smoker goes through a pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Oh, come on. Why would it be any different from average people smoking.

Martin Sheen (Illusive Man Mass Effect) don't smoke. Its' been stated that he had to suck pen during voice recordings to imitate cigarette in mouth.

Sorry I can't stop laughing at this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Official statistics show about only 1 in 5 adults in the US smoke (CDC) ...

That said, I can give you one HUGE star that does not smoke: Madonna. She's also the kind of woman who would probably put a stilleto into the back of you brain if you tried to smoke in front of her!

... oh wait, she only tells her fans not to smoke THEN she puffs up herself after performances.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-26 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    Who cares?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Martin Sheen (Illusive Man Mass Effect) don't smoke. Its' been stated that he had to suck pen during voice recordings to imitate cigarette in mouth.
    He used to so yeah I wouldn't count him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Who cares?
    Professor Snape cares.

Professor Snape cares.
    Someone's been leaving cigarette butts all around Slytherin Hall.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Their lifestyle is significantly different from your average person. Why wouldn't they deal with different social pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Their lifestyle is significantly different from your average person. Why wouldn't they deal with different social pressure?
    Because that would be judgemental and pseudo-psychoanalytical. If you look at it like that, you would also have to assume that the majority of average people who smoke also must have unusual lives, suffer from abnormal pressure and attribute their habit to some mental/personal shortcomings. Oh wait. That's what anti-smoke-bigots do anyway.