Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

brewmaster dmg diff 1h vs 2h

hey guys, I've been reading forums here but can't really find a conclusive answer..

I've read 1hers do more dmg as BrM but how substantial is this difference anyway?
    Also, do we even notice it in our dmg when we get higher ilvl weapons, or is the difference negligible and you won't even notice cause you know vengeance. .don't really know if BrM scales well with weapon dps

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoe View Post
    hey guys, I've been reading forums here but can't really find a conclusive answer..

I've read 1hers do more dmg as BrM but how substantial is this difference anyway?
    Also, do we even notice it in our dmg when we get higher ilvl weapons, or is the difference negligible and you won't even notice cause you know vengeance. .don't really know if BrM scales well with weapon dps
    Similar as with WW dps, most of our abilities scale with weapon dps. So yea, higher ilvl weapons = higher dps (substantially), just like windwalkers. Regarding 1h vs 2h, personally i'm going with 1h as there is no one that needs the agi 1h's in my raid comp anyway, so it serves both my specs (WW/BrM). But the difference isn't that huge for BrM that you want 1h's at any cost, so if there is dps that needs the 1h's and you can get your hands on a nice staff: go for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    For a BrM, most of our actual damage output will come from Vengeance. That's not to say weapons aren't important - they are a pretty critical factor. But the actual damage output gap between 2h and 1h is less prominent for a BrM than it is for a WW.

What does have an impact is EB generation. 1h will provide a steady stream of single stacks. 2h will provide larger stacks in chunks. It's up to you which one you feel more comfortable with.

Of course, this is assuming equal ilvl and secondary stat distribution. Go primarily with whatever gives you a higher average ilvl (for example, a 522 + 497 1h combo will provide more than a LFR 502 2H) and if both are equal, go for the weapons with more favourable stats.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

2H looks stupid for me, so 2x 1H
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    ok, I'm slightly disappointed 1h isn't a substantial dps increase was hoping to get an increase out of it
    nonetheless I will go 1h, 4 sockets> 2 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, I'm slightly disappointed 1h isn't a substantial dps increase was hoping to get an increase out of it
    nonetheless I will go 1h, 4 sockets> 2 :P
    I've run DW almost all of MoP and probably will continue to do so unless drops end up really wackey, usually have droods that can only use the 2H so I pass on those. In general you will want the highest iLevel of weapon(s) you can get as we gain more from the stats than the raw weapon DPS unlike WW. The main difference is how EB stacks generate and I'm pretty used to DW at this point.

Currently rocking 2x i528's so I'm set until heroic kills =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I've run DW almost all of MoP and probably will continue to do so unless drops end up really wackey, usually have droods that can only use the 2H so I pass on those. In general you will want the highest iLevel of weapon(s) you can get as we gain more from the stats than the raw weapon DPS unlike WW. The main difference is how EB stacks generate and I'm pretty used to DW at this point.

Currently rocking 2x i528's so I'm set until heroic kills =P
    Ye I got a 528 one from council last night as well but I've yet to receive an offhand

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye I got a 528 one from council last night as well but I've yet to receive an offhand
    Do you have a 496 + Legendary Gem? That is a valid combo.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Do you have a 496 + Legendary Gem? That is a valid combo.
    Nope, I rerolled monk right before 5.2 was gonna get released so by the time I was raid ready that content was outdated

Edit: but I have a 522 staff so for now I'm good I just wanna swap over to DW asap

Deleted
    Well, BrM do not have tiger strikes to boost auto attack damage.
    But on the other hand, 1H autoattack damage scales better with AP then 2H damage, and a BrM has a lot of AP during a Boss fight.
    I'll for sure switch back to 2/2 normal claw of shakzeer offhand (+gems), 522+MH as soon as i get that mainhand.
    For now, stuck with stupid horridon staff. (looking at you, hit rating)

Ilvl of mainhand beeing comparable and offhand not too far off (or with 500 agi gem to compensate), 2*1H should do significantly more damage then 2H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    Well, BrM do not have tiger strikes to boost auto attack damage.
    BrM get Swift Reflexes though so it's kind of a wash. Is about 4% of my damage done on average.

Whenever you parry an attack, you reflexively strike back at the enemy for (0.3 * 1 * 1 * (0.898882) * (mwb / MWS) + 1 * (mwb / 2 / mws) + (AP / 14) - 1))) to (0.3 * 1 * 1 * (0.898882) * (MWB / (MWS + 1 * (MWB / 2 / mws) + (AP / 14) + 1))) damage. This effect has a 1 sec cooldown.)
    [/URL]

Wouldn't you always want to use a 2/2 Heroic Claw as your OH in a 1H setup - like, through the entirety of the tier? Just for the legendary gem.

I only offspec BrM for fun, so I haven't looked into the math.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedave View Post
    Wouldn't you always want to use a 2/2 Heroic Claw as your OH in a 1H setup - like, through the entirety of the tier? Just for the legendary gem.
    If you have a 517 claw I would probably use that over 522's, 5 iLevel won't beat +500 agil for a BrM. I only had 504's so went ahead with the T15 weapons and have 2x 528's now anyways.
    [/URL]

Quick question also. I'm next in line for a TF 1hander when it drops. But I also have Jalak's staff from heroic Horridon. Have TF Hand of Animus. Waiting for an off hand. So basically is the few item level drop from heroic staff to 2 TFd 1handers a big drop?

If you have a 517 claw I would probably use that over 522's, 5 iLevel won't beat +500 agil for a BrM. I only had 504's so went ahead with the T15 weapons and have 2x 528's now anyways.
    Right, but I mean a 535 OH compared to the 517 Claw with the 500 agi gem. Stats would be better on the Claw.

10+ Year Old Account
    For BrM higher net iLevel/Stats is > DW vs 2H. So in your scenario the 2H would be a better choice unless you just can't stand how EB stacks generate which is the major difference.

I have 2x 528's and probably pass our 2H to droods first so probably wont have that delima myself unless a ton of staffs drop or I coin one.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thedave View Post
    Right, but I mean a 535 OH compared to the 517 Claw with the 500 agi gem. Stats would be better on the Claw.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...46:42:35:31:27
    535: +176 stam, 205 secondary stats, 735 melee DPS
    517: 343 Agil

From a stat weight standpoint the Claw comes out ahead.
    [/URL]

Deleted
    Got the staff from Horridon Hc Thunderforged, sadly dont think am gonna even bother getting 2x1hand weapons, not to mention i do 25 raid, and the mastery from the staff is nice.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've won both 535 council weapons two weeks in a row from coins for my off spec (I have better chances if winning tier in BrM spec than MW)

#FWP amirite?
    Last edited by Shinchib; 2013-05-05 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchib View Post
    (I have better chances if winning tier in BrM spec than MW)
    Just FYI, there are 4 BrM drops (including tier) vs. 3 MW drops (including tier) on Council. Better chance to roll as MW.

Quote Originally Posted by LL Hand J View Post
    Quick question also. I'm next in line for a TF 1hander when it drops. But I also have Jalak's staff from heroic Horridon. Have TF Hand of Animus. Waiting for an off hand. So basically is the few item level drop from heroic staff to 2 TFd 1handers a big drop?
    It's going to be a loss for sure until you have 2 heroic 1h's. Pass the TF 1H if it's a 528 and let a dps that will actually see a gain in performance use it. As you can see from the responses in this thread, it doesn't really matter. 1h is probably slightly favorable, but it's superior by such a small amount that even a slight ilvl decrease in weapons will see a dip in performance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchib View Post
    I've won both 535 council weapons two weeks in a row from coins for my off spec (I have better chances if winning tier in BrM spec than MW)

#FWP amirite?
    How do you choose? Does changing specs actually work?