Page 6 of 163 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Because an MMO is only dead when it has 0 players. There are MMOs out there running longer than WoW and having only a fraction of WoW's subscribers. Hell, EVE online just hit 10 years and how many people play EVE online? 5?
    500k, difference is their numbers are stable.

8.3 million is still a lot of people. Blizz will survive and so will WoW.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Bobby Kotick just said on the conf call that he fully expects the number of subs continue to decline and be lower at year end results. Now this could be a small number drop so it doesn't mean much but it is the first time i've ever heard him say that openly....which makes me wonder if they have internal numbers showing a trend that we dont see. he also said they will keep pushing efforts to get players back.

(just so were clear, im not saying wow is dead...wow will still be alive in 5years. that said, the number of sub will dictate what level of effort goes into future content and infrastructure investments - as expected from a healthy business standpoint)

could titan be a CoD mmo ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    we wont even seen the hit from Age of Wushu coming out in Asia till Q2.
    Well when a game comes out in April and the Sub numbers are only up till March 31st, you gotta think that it wouldn't come out until Q2 .

Still gunna play though
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-08 at 08:52 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The free to play market is just too big right now, Blizzard needs to somehow introduce it into their game.

IMO make 1-85 completely free to play, and after MoP is a year old reduce the price of it in half. And when the next expansion is released make it free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    Pretty sure a massive chunk of that is PvPers, PvE is great this tier, pvp is just getting more silly each season
    Can't be PvPers alone altough yes, a lot of PvPers have stopped playing. I'm in a PvP guild that since Classic has always been active with a lot of people. It was pretty successfull also, Gladiators each season, several RBG groups above 2,2k in Cata and so on. Since late Cata the guild is in decline, we now at times struggle to find enough players for the main RBG group alone.
    My friend list empties just the same, long time PvP players are leaving in large numbers. A lot of my battle tag friends haven't logged in for months. It's quite sad but Blizzard seems to be hellbent in destroying PvP in favor of PvE players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The sad thing is that this game is better than ever before. A lot of people are praising MoP to be the best xpac so far and Blizzard is showing more effort and releasing content patches faster than ever before.
    PvE content? Maybe. The lack of Dungeons for sure isn't helping though. Scenarios are bad, plain bad. PvP wise the game is worse than ever before. Now World PvP is going to be dominated by PvE players. Pre PvP nerf 522 gear came out atop compared to 496 PvP gear by about 10-15% DMG wise alone (not event taking the higher health pools into consideration) and since then PvP power was nerfed by 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Man, the logic some people had regarding SWTOR was delicious
    Yeah it was quite hilarious, the TORtanic was sinking, fast in fact and people claimed it would rise again soon or it wasn't sinking at all. It's like the water was up to their neck and they still were screaming how everything was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jball2k View Post
    Eve is actually quite popular...

This is normal for WoW. Expansion comes out, people come back in mass... they hit max level, do the dungeons/raids and then get bored. Big new fancy patch, they may come back for a bit, or not until the next expansion.
    Thats nice and all but thats not what is happening. Its been on a steady decline, and those people arent coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still going with the fact that people don't like the theme of the expansion. It seems childish to them. If they do a Burning Legion expansion or something, sub numbers will go up.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Still waiting for someone to say that its the panda's to blame

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this thread is moving fast, alright one more opinion...

I think elder scrolls: online will deal the killing blow to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    could titan be a CoD mmo ?
    Idk about CoD. But the rumor was titan being a FPS MMO (iirc)

The problem from all this is that people still claim that "EU" is fine, i dont care about US or Asian servers, they dont affect me.

1 hour queue as a DPS that comes down to 25-30min at "peak hours".

At the first 2 months of Dragon Soul, the DPS queue was 9mins during peak time, 15 time during the rest of the day, the difference is like 300% increase because there arent as many people playing, simple fact.

Plus this new LFR system is a huge turn off, at least with the old system after a month when no one needed anything you could get tons of items, now all you see is <AFK>Player name mocking you how he got items while being AFK while you got shit all and actually played..And you wonder why the decline

Either way after 9 years its only logical and its gonna keep declining, there are tons of games coming out, that arent as good but they are NEW, which entertains people for a few weeks, then another game comes out, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    Minus 10% playerbase in just 3 months, that's not something you should take lightly.
    send them some poisonous berries.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Make it easier to gear ults
    -Account wide rep
    -stop overtuning normals (Horridon is a brick wall)
    -Lower XP needed to level alts at higher levels
    -Dont pressure people to grind dailies and have to Double Dip Valor and Rep for gear
    -Trim CC in PVP, give classes identity back
    -new models for races
    -more in game lore events
    -Make Classes more dynamic and fluid rather than slow and clunky

That's what I would like. Maybe it's because I've been playing for so long and I've gotten tired of doing the same things over and over for alts but that's what I want.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do Chinese/Korean players pay a different type of sub?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Remove everything cross-realm, and remove guild levels and guild-recruit bot addons, LFG, LFR goes to the trash bin, restore server communities.

-WoW gains 50 million subs.
    ^Qft
    Also adding a pro tip for blizzard, next time don't hire a fucking marine biologist as your lead developer, or a lawyer as encounter designer.., sure they even have some burger flipping mongo handling the community relations

The loses have nothing to do with the "competition", sub-price or any other strawman excuse they can conjure, it's got to do with a chopped up shitty community which is the result of an even more devastating hack n' slash job they've done to the game.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-05-08 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    500k, difference is their numbers are stable.
    WoW's numbers will stabilize at some point as well. There are a certain number of people that have been playing this game for years and are so heavily invested in this game that they will likely play as long as the game exists. I guess the people that are leaving the game are the ones who find it easier, well, to leave or to take a break. There will also always be new players and old players who return.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Remove everything cross-realm, and remove guild levels and guild-recruit bot addons, LFG, LFR goes to the trash bin, restore server communities.

-WoW gains 50 million subs.
    Not close. The game is too monotonous. Dailies have hurt more than anything.

Guild perks have not killed this game

10+ Year Old Account
    People stop playing because they gear out their mains and cba to get on the treadmill again just to play alts imo
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.