Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Well you're welcome to go back through my previous posts. I've mentioned it repeatedly and I'm sure consistently, because I'm an honest person generally. If after that you really want to believe that I've spent the last 7 months concocting some sort of elaborate scheme based around this story for some reason I guess there's not much I can do to stop you.
    Well, yeah you could be honest. And you could not be.
    For instance, I could if I would - repeatedly post something about me being a superstar over the few months, dosnt make me one. Its the internet, everything that people say is true is a lie, and all that people claim is a lie is the truth. :P But yeah - RNG is a bitch, and if your case is true.. Daym
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Viewing 99% of these posts, I really can only laugh about them...

In game content is and never was a major factor for growing or declining subscriptions .

General subscription market (read elements OUTSIDE of in game elements) and its evolution always was.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-15 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Or you've told the story so much that you now believe your own lie.
    Yes, I'm clearly batshit crazy.

/shrug it's the internet, there's not much I can do to convince you, but again happy to stand on previous posts as a general 'not completely insane' at least :P

There's no point arguing it back and forward further, I'm sure you'll believe whatever you've decided. It's just hard to not respond to someone calling you a liar. Anyway, have a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

In game content is and never was a major factor for growing or declining subscriptions .

General subscription market (read elements OUTSIDE of in game elements) and its evolution always was.
    Seriously? Are you honestly suggesting that the quality of the game content had nothing to do with WOW's success? And that in game issues, despite Blizzard telling us that they got things wrong with difficulty levels in Cata and there has been less engagement of the casual player in MOP, have had nothing to do with the current decline in sub numbers?

Yes, I'm clearly batshit crazy.

/shrug it's the internet, there's not much I can do to convince you, but again happy to stand on previous posts as a general 'not completely insane' at least :P

There's no point arguing it back and forward further, I'm sure you'll believe whatever you've decided. It's just hard to not respond to someone calling you a liar. Anyway, have a good night.
    You can always link us to your armoury we can check how many times you've cleared it and see what gear you have on :P

I am not fussed either way. I had huge RNG bad luck during MSV and HOF. once I got onto TOS I finally started getting more items and lately in TOT ive been showered with items. Just got the 502 polearm but unsure if its any better than my current weapon.

Deleted

And u have spoken to everyone who has unsubbed recently?

probably not....

Truth is that the only way u will find out the truth is to get details from the players who have left.

Its great u can criticise 99% of the posts considering u r equally as clueless as to the reasons behind the reasons so many have unsubbed.

Go back and read the posts from those who have left... then u will get a more accurate idea of why so many have left.

That's correct. external market forces (read - the hand of god) was the reason why some 15,000 players every day on average during that quarter chose to stop their subscription or cancel it outright.

Either that or they woke up one morning and well.. you know, realized the game was old, and said to themselves, "it's hit the X years mark, gonna go cancel now.".

And i'm not surprised you laugh at these posts. People like you who keep telling others "your reasons for un-subbing are pointless, bye" or "quit, no one wants to hear what your views are anyway" will keep inventing "elements outside the game" to justify sub losses which you can't explain. (because well, you know, you all think that right now MoP is the greatest version of WoW, ever, just like every single thing blizzard has ever done was epic and amazing and fantastic, and godly and dreamy and ... you get the point)
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

No. It really isn't an exaggeration at all.
    In that case, something is bugged. At a 15% drop rate, the chance of getting only 3 drops in 800 trials is something like 1 chance in 10^58. This is so absurdly small it could not realistically have happened by chance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe he means 3 drops he can use. I had VP gear in a lot of slots before LFR gear dropped for them.

In fact I'm one piece off having all the VP gear and I've only gotten a handful of upgrades.
    Perhaps. Or maybe just selective memory. When you see "LFR hasn't dropped ANYTHING for me in N weeks" posts on the official forums, you can usually see that in fact it has dropped items for the poster if you inspect their activity feeds. Maybe they're doing LFR while on alcohol or drugs and the memories don't form...
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

No. It really isn't an exaggeration at all.
    If you include ToT, there are 29 MoP raid bosses, which at current standing means 27 weeks of full clears... even more if you had stopped prior to T15. Even if you ran it on multiple toons (who would all have to be geared enough to meet ilvl requirements), that's not something that someone who was subbed for a month here and there would get done.

Sorry, but I dont believe this for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I think its interesting that everyone on this thread r not listening to those who have quit...

Too many people in this thread have their own opinions why so many players have left the game yet they refuse to actually listen to the guys who have left and have posted in this thread. Pages and pages of discussion from players still in the game all discussing minor details within Wow. The last few pages r discussing casuals for example, how many players who have quit have mentioned anything about casuals?

The players who have left r the ONLY authority of why so many players left the game, afterall, they know why they unsubbed right...

I advise people go back through this thread and actually address the posts from those who quit.
    Words of wisdom...

... will fall on deaf ears, because those who still play and love MOP know EXACTLY WHY I and others have quit the game lol and they will lecture us, each of the quitters, about the fact that we do not represent all of the millions of players who quit. They will close their ears and open their mouths to spray foulness and their love for MOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    That's correct. external market forces (read - the hand of god) was the reason why some 15,000 players every day on average during that quarter chose to stop their subscription or cancel it outright.

Either that or they woke up one morning and well.. you know, realized the game was old, and said to themselves, "it's hit the X years mark, gonna go cancel now.".

And i'm not surprised you laugh at these posts. People like you who keep telling others "your reasons for un-subbing are pointless, bye" or "quit, no one wants to hear what your views are anyway" will keep inventing "elements outside the game" to justify sub losses which you can't explain. (because well, you know, you all think that right now MoP is the greatest version of WoW, ever, just like every single thing blizzard has ever done was epic and amazing and fantastic, and godly and dreamy and ... you get the point)
    I find that hard to believe - do you have any evidence to support your belief that overall gaming trends are virtually the sole cause of large fluctuations in subscription numbers?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Seriously? Are you honestly suggesting that the quality of the game content had nothing to do with WOW's success? And that in game issues, despite Blizzard telling us that they got things wrong with difficulty levels in Cata and there has been less engagement of the casual player in MOP, have had nothing to do with the current decline in sub numbers?
    The detailed analysis of in game "issues" is a waste of time when you know that major "outside of the game" variables have WAY MORE IMPACT on subscriptions.

Prime reasons of WoW growing success in 2004/2005 and lasted until 2009.

- first generation of powerful 3D PC graphic cards that were CHEAP.
    - first wave of broad band internet that made internet play a breeze and CHEAP.
    - first massive interest for playing in a massive fantasy world (no doubt helped with the Lotr trilogy that ended)
    - first massive interest for mmorpg's (due to the factors above)

Just look at graphics (or lack of 3D) in games that got published just before 2004 (WC3 -D2 expansion)

Prime reasons of WoW losing subscriptions and the MMO industry falling into F2P "limber" mode since 2010/2011.

- incredibly bad unadapted engines for internet play by some cheaply designed MMO's
    - total crash of AAA MMO's designed to get to the Blizzard subscription money by using substandard tools.
    - going F2P as standard for the MMO industry, making subscriptions harder to swallow for new NOOB gamers.
    - The PC is no longer King of the Hill. Tablet PC's outsell PC's by a wide margin and -again- sell F2P stuff all over the place.
    - the rise of Facebook games and tablet games ... Without susbscriptions ... Just add to the fray

There you have it. ALL the above is 10 times more important than a nerve or a boost in 10.000's of tiny detailed game "issues"

But do go on with sticking your heads into the ass of this game. It is funny to read.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-15 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Words of wisdom...

... will fall on deaf ears, because those who still play and love MOP know EXACTLY WHY I and others have quit the game lol and they will lecture us, each of the quitters, about the fact that we do not represent all of the millions of players who quit. They will close their ears and open their mouths to spray foulness and their love for MOP.
    The sad fact is you guys who post on this forum who left and those who have not left who post here are a tiny minority. We don't know exactly why people have left. I see some whine posts from people who left and some good constructive feed back from others. The ones who know best why people are leaving are blizzard.

They know how many play can see if people who leave return or stay gone etc. They also get the feedback from when people leave (the little feedback form you fill out when you unsub)

Why did you leave? I am not going back through this thread as its a sea of flames mostly. Feel free to let me know what made you quit!

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The sad fact is you guys who post on this forum who left and those who have not left who post here are a tiny minority. We don't know exactly why people have left. I see some whine posts from people who left and some good constructive feed back from others. The ones who know best why people are leaving are blizzard.

They know how many play can see if people who leave return or stay gone etc. They also get the feedback from when people leave (the little feedback form you fill out when you unsub)

Why did you leave? I am not going back through this thread as its a sea of flames mostly. Feel free to let me know what made you quit!
    All the people who quit and post here, true, do not represent ALL the quitters.

It is a fallacy to automatically assume those who post here must be a tiny minority not to be heeded. It is more reasonable to assume posters represent SOME of the quitters, perhaps even give a good distribution of the reasons why the non-posting majority quit the game. People always disqualify posters as non-representative, however, they simply don't know if they are representative or not.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    All the people who quit and post here, true, do not represent ALL the quitters.

It is a fallacy to automatically assume those who post here must be a tiny minority not to be heeded. It is more reasonable to assume posters represent SOME of the quitters, perhaps even give a good distribution of the reasons why the non-posting majority quit the game. People always disqualify posters as non-representative, however, they simply don't know if they are representative or not.
    Thats why I said blizzard are the only ones who know. We must assume the people here do not represent the vast majority of people who leave due to the sheer number who left vs those who posts. We can only speculate one the reasons. For those who play its finding reasons in game that might cause them to leave. Put in factors like more competition, growing tablet/f2p market etc and we can theorize whats going on.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cancelled the other day, this expansion just didn't catch my interest like the others have. And its not cause of the theme or panda's I was actually one of the people going in with open arms at the idea, but I found myself just logging in and logging back out shortly after constantly. I felt no enthusiasm, no spark to go any further. PvP is what kept me subscribed this long, but with all the pvp changes coming mid expansion I am just choosing to give'er another go next expansion!
    Haf-932 /// Asus Maximus Iv Extreme /// 2600k Overclocked ~ 4.4ghz /// 8gb Corsair Dominator DHX RAM
    160gb Intel SSD /// WD Black 500GB /// 1000 Corsair PSU /// Msi Twin Frozr Gtx 680 Overclocked ~ 1135Mhz/1200Mhz

The detailed analysis of in game "issues" is a waste of time when you know that major "outside of the game" variables have WAY MORE IMPACT on subscriptions.
    Hmm, you kind of mistyped that. Let me fix it for you.

The detailed analysis of in game "issues" is a waste of time when it leads to conclusions I don't like.
    Much more accurate.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I find that hard to believe - do you have any evidence to support your belief that overall gaming trends are virtually the sole cause of large fluctuations in subscription numbers?
    I was being, extremely over the top, incredibly, raunchy to the moon sarcastic. I thought that was obvious :P

my personal belief is that any objective observer would say sub losses seem to be linked with community size reduction (the dismantling of 25 man normal raiding guilds across the board) and complexity/difficulty of content (Specifically content which is meant to be consumed by the "normal" player)

I guess Blizzard, who are synonymous with the MMO genre, don't get it. But its ok, you will still have people saying game is old, or that earthquakes, or Tsunamis, or Iran or whatever are the reason behind sub loses.
    Last edited by Antipathy; 2013-05-15 at 02:49 PM.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    ru seriously telling us that the reason all these players left Wow has noting to do with.... err Wow?

According to u its all down to factors outside of Wow and nothing to do with the quality of the game.

If thats the case then when Wow peaked at 12mill subs then that had nothing to do with the quality of the game either right?

Maybe players had nothing better to do than throw EUR15 per month at Blizzard?

And now players r leaving at a fast pace thats nothing to do with the quality of the game right?

Methinks u should actually listen to what those people who left r saying, rather than invent garbage which has no basis in fact.

10+ Year Old Account

Prime reasons of WoW growing success in 2004/2005 and lasted until 2009.

- first generation of powerful 3D PC graphic cards that were CHEAP.
    - first wave of broad band internet that made internet play a breeze and CHEAP.
    - first massive interest for playing in a massive fantasy world (no doubt helped with the Lotr trilogy that ended)
    - first massive interest for mmorpg's (due to the factors above)

Just look at graphics (or lack of 3D) in games that got published just before 2004 (WC3 -D2 expansion)

Prime reasons of WoW losing subscriptions and the MMO industry falling into F2P "limber" mode since 2010/2011.

- incredibly bad unadapted engines for internet play by some cheaply designed MMO's
    - total crash of AAA MMO's designed to get to the Blizzard subscription money by using substandard tools.
    - going F2P as standard for the MMO industry, making subscriptions harder to swallow for new NOOB gamers.
    - The PC is no longer King of the Hill. Tablet PC's outsell PC's by a wide margin and -again- sell F2P stuff all over the place.
    - the rise of Facebook games and tablet games ... Without susbscriptions ... Just add to the fray

There you have it. ALL the above is 10 times more important than a nerve or a boost in 10.000's of tiny detailed game "issues"

But do go on with sticking your heads into the ass of this game. It is funny to read.
    Interesting theory. Do you have any more to support it? Or are you just claiming that since X happened at the same time as Y, X must have caused Y? (That's the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, also known as "correlation does not imply causation" for those of you watching at home. )
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)