Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Complete joke fight as of 5.3 with gear upg / LMG's. We killed it the first time we saw phase 2 with 9 people. ( I dc'd at around 50-55 % and I just logged back in to see my achievment pop up). We 3 healed and tank was prot pally. What wiped us in p1 was just tank fails / not enough orb dmg but yea when you enter phase 2 if you have everyone alive it should be a kill tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    when you enter phase 2 if you have everyone alive it should be a kill tbh.
    Unless your designated Corrupted Anima orb soaker derps and tunnel visions the boss instead of soaking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Unless your designated Corrupted Anima orb soaker derps and tunnel visions the boss instead of soaking
    Talking from experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Can a rogue solo soak anima orb explosions in p2 (to my knowledge they dont occur in p1?) on 10man with just feint?
    It hits for ~2.5m, so no. Your mobile ranged should run out there to help soak as well.

Are you able to use immunities to soak the orb? (e.g. Cloak, Ice Block, Bubble, Deterrence etc)

make sure you dont have BOTH adds AND balls coming in when hes transitioning into p2 (40.3%) because this will cause you a wipe (and possibly easy kill)

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It hits for ~2.5m, so no. Your mobile ranged should run out there to help soak as well.
    didnt even know it hits for 2.5mil lol we just get our rogue to soak it fine (i think he soaks it alone......)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    It should be around 1M dmg in 10 man.
    We setted up a rotation of soaking : feral drood with dispersion, mw monk with diffuse magic and zen med, Spriest with dispersion.
    In our kill (1st ph2 ever) we got all corrupted vita orb tho and just tunneled the boss, i believe the 1st anima orb was when the boss was at like 15% and we just ignored it

Deleted
    1M on 10 man it hits for.

And immunities do not work. You need to take a portion of the damage. Greater Invis, Dispersion, Monk 90% reduced shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Can a rogue solo soak anima orb explosions in p2 (to my knowledge they dont occur in p1?) on 10man with just feint?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZGapLByA7Ws - Avast's rogue goes man mode and takes pretty much every one. The DPS check on Ra-Den is pretty trivial with the effects of gear upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Complete joke fight as of 5.3 with gear upg / LMG's. We killed it the first time we saw phase 2 with 9 people. ( I dc'd at around 50-55 % and I just logged back in to see my achievment pop up). We 3 healed and tank was prot pally. What wiped us in p1 was just tank fails / not enough orb dmg but yea when you enter phase 2 if you have everyone alive it should be a kill tbh.
    This is essentially everything about Ra-Den on 10man, if your tank doesnt fuck around and you can switch to orbs it's really simple

Deleted
    You can cloak one and proc cheat death for a second as a rogue. If your group has a WW monk he can also soak two with zen med. and diffuse magic.

More on topic, I think Lei Shen will be a much bigger hurdle for your group, or any other group, to topple. So focus on getting to him an killing him.

Ra-den is a very simple fight. Just get your rotation right for the lightning beam thing and soakers during p2 and you should be fine. I think the easiest setup is a pally tank and 2 healers with 7 ranged that can sustain a stun rotation on the add. Also, using the standard tactic of pushing away the mob you will need a Balance druid or an Elemental shaman, even better if you have both to account for failures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelppons View Post
    You can cloak one and proc cheat death for a second as a rogue. If your group has a WW monk he can also soak two with zen med. and diffuse magic.
    A rogue could soak more than that by using feint+elusiveness, on 10m anyways.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-28 at 02:52 PM.

Can someone confirm if cloak works to soak the corrupted anima explosion? Trying to set up a soak rotation for when we are in p2.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

I ended up benching myself last night (prot pal) to let our Monk afktank this. I know it's doable as a protpal, but it seems really...risky, given how variable his Fatal Strike timing is/can be. I've had ShotR go up right at the 0 mark on DBM, only to have him dick around and not swing for ~3.5 seconds.

Sadly I didn't really get to watch our later attempts, but I know we never got to phase2. We were running 2 melee, and I think we had issues with one of them being in the wrong place a lot, but not really sure. Either way, I know they were having issues meeting the DPS check on the orbs often, and melee were complaining that it was due to being OOR. We had them run out with the debuff ASAP, then wait at the lock portal til lightning. Take portal, next in rotation moves, repeat. But this obviously caused them to stand at range for ~30 seconds; should they be moving in/out to try and max DPS, or should it not be an issue?

Apologies I can't give more details as I wasn't in, but this seems really straightforward, so just trying to figure out where the screw-ups are occurring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I ended up benching myself last night (prot pal) to let our Monk afktank this. I know it's doable as a protpal, but it seems really...risky, given how variable his Fatal Strike timing is/can be. I've had ShotR go up right at the 0 mark on DBM, only to have him dick around and not swing for ~3.5 seconds.

Sadly I didn't really get to watch our later attempts, but I know we never got to phase2. We were running 2 melee, and I think we had issues with one of them being in the wrong place a lot, but not really sure. Either way, I know they were having issues meeting the DPS check on the orbs often, and melee were complaining that it was due to being OOR. We had them run out with the debuff ASAP, then wait at the lock portal til lightning. Take portal, next in rotation moves, repeat. But this obviously caused them to stand at range for ~30 seconds; should they be moving in/out to try and max DPS, or should it not be an issue?

Apologies I can't give more details as I wasn't in, but this seems really straightforward, so just trying to figure out where the screw-ups are occurring.
    We wiped far too much to orbs getting through as well. We ran 3 melee, which was probably part of the problem, but not that big of a deal.

As a rogue, I pooled energy and threw Tricks on our hunter (he generally did the most damage to the orbs). Our lock also swapped from Aff to Destro so he could be useful on orbs. Most of the problem was just getting people to immediately stop whatever they're doing and swap right away no matter what. Optimizing orb damage (like holding certain abilities when orbs are about to come out) helped a lot too.

Fatal strike happens at 100 energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetan View Post
    Fatal strike happens at 100 energy.
    Unless he decides to go to a 100 energy then cast orbs then cast add, then melee's, its fun that is. No need to die to it but upsetting non the less.

About to start pulls on this guy this week and just curious if we should 2 or 3 heal it. We have a Monk tank, 3 melee dps and rest ranged, and if we were needing any kind of OS heals we only have a balance druid (who would also be our 3rd healer). We don't have a spriest or shaman for extra heals. Our healing comp is disc priest and holy pally and we did 2 heal Lei Shen but it was a bit brutal.

And we are kinda debating if we should extend our raid lock. We have 29 attempts left on Ra-den but we just don't find it worth extending unless we can kill it in one lockout and even then not sure.
    Last edited by Kalliope; 2013-06-11 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliope View Post
    About to start pulls on this guy this week and just curious if we should 2 or 3 heal it. We have a Monk tank, 3 melee dps and rest ranged, and if we were needing any kind of OS heals we only have a balance druid (who would also be our 3rd healer). We don't have a spriest or shaman for extra heals. Our healing comp is disc priest and holy pally and we did 2 heal Lei Shen but it was a bit brutal.
    you want to 3 heal it until farm(we 2 heal it for the lols)

healing isnt really hard this fight just the mechanic u have to learn (which is really easy) and whether you have enough dps to kill orb or not
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    There is absolutely no reason not to 3 heal this encounter during progress.