Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Every 15 seconds.
    Unless, of course, you have to switch targets in between. Or the target becomes immune for some time in between, or some other mechanic. I'm trying to think of the ToT-Bosses right now and seriously, there is maybe one (Jin'rokh, obviously) that doesn't require us to reapply the whole three stacks by no choice of our own at least 2-3 times every fight, most of the time much more often. It's a horrible design that weakens Frost for no particular reason other then PvP. Or does anyone have an explanation why Frost in particular should be weak when switching targets, when no other caster specc has any such mechanic?

Frostbolt is the core issue of Frost right now. In a specc filled with instants and proccs, it needs to be slower, stronger and less necessary for our rotation. If a Fire Mage gets a streak of good luck he is spamming Pyros like crazy, he doesn't have to cast Scorch every 12 seconds anymore. If a Frost Mage gets lucky, he has the choice of wasting a 15%-dmg-buff that benefits half of our output or wasting what feels like a lot of proccs while restacking the debuff.

Seriously, if we get only ONE patchnote for Frost, please let it be a glyph that changes Frostbolt to cast.... screw it, lets make it 4 seconds!, deal accordingly more damage and apply all 3 stacks at once. It's utterly unuseable in PvP, it requires zero other changes to the rest of the specc, and it's also a decent enough buff to maybe make Frost a bit more competitive. And the more I think about it, the more awesome it would be. Overcapping haste becomes less of a burden when you can always chose to use the excess haste for a super-quick, hard-hitting Frostbolt. Blizzard wouldn't need to change our rotation, talents or anything really. Just that one change. Pretty please?

Deleted
    I was having fun testing T16 for Frost mage. The 4p tooltip is wrong.

Frost 2-pieces
    It's just like predicted !!
    BF-FFB can proc FoF and give the T16 FoF at the same time. They both proc at the same time. It feel really over-power with nearly twice IL, and it overwright very easily with Frozen Orb. It feel god but it's very clunky.
    With FB, it's ok. Bomb>FB>explosion>FFb>IL repeat
    With LB, it's limit. When BF proc back to back, it's just chaining FFB/IL and FB is only cast to keep the debuff.
    With NT, it's not good. When BF began to chain proc, it's just impossible to follow. But when it don't proc, it just casting FB+IL from proc.

Frost 4-pieces
    Just awesome !!!
    The animation is very great : it's a red firework-like explosion upper the target followed by a blue ball falling on it then exploding. yes, the explosion have a animation too.
    The spell is Frigid blast (wowhead). It deal 1041 damages so they are symbolic. It's not an AOE spell.
    The tooltip is wrong because it don't proc on Brain Freeze use.
    It proc from FB/FFB damage, at 25%/30% proc rate (more than FoF). The proc are quite unpredictable.
    It don't proc from Waterbolt, Frozen Orb, all 3 bombs,

My opinion

• change the 2-pieces bonus. It's not really usable at huge haste. Or the way Brain Freeze proc need to be changed.
    • keep the 4-pieces bonus or give us it's animation as a new spell.
    Last edited by mmocccfbebbec4; 2013-06-14 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Over-right? You mean overwrite?

Forget about all the numbers for now, they're just placeholders.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Uuugh. Nath. Now I have to download PTR and see this thing. This sounds like an awesome animation.

Deleted
    Good catch.

Yep, you're right for number ;-)
    The 1041 damages is only here to tell "I will do awesome damage, just wait."
    And proc rate can change a lot too.

@Kuni: time to work a little ^^

If the proc rate is wrong and its only on damage from FFB and FB then.....oh, hi, Elemental Shaman called. They want their 2-set T15 back. Really hope that changes, regardless of animation.

Have to admit I got a big smile on my face when I saw the ice boulder hit the training dummy, thanks Blizz! It also procced for me only from frostbolt casts (just to check) so the tooltip is indeed wrong, and for the 2-piece bonus I feel like I`m wasting ILs but guess that will work out as I get used to it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to interrupt all of the theorycrafting and future-pondering with such a question. I'm wondering if the original post is still accurate in 5.3?

I'm picking up my mage again for the first time since early Cataclysm and have been attempting to get up to speed. The first post looks to have all of the knowledge I need to start getting my feet wet, but the mention of bomb use gave me a bit of a pause.

I was told by someone on my server that we used Living Bomb now, switching to Nether Tempest for fights where it can reliably cleave or once your haste is quite high, yet the first post states that Living Bomb should never be used.

Was I misinformed? Is the original post outdated and not to be taken as the gospel for those of us completely new to the mage revamps? If so, is there another resource I might refer to for frost PvE talents/priorities/tips, or perhaps someone could offer me the quick and clean basics?

Thank you in advance for whatever help may be provided.
    Last edited by Celes; 2013-06-15 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post
    I'm sorry to interrupt all of the theorycrafting and future-pondering with such a question. I'm wondering if the original post is still accurate in 5.3?

I'm picking up my mage again for the first time since early Cataclysm and have been attempting to get up to speed. The first post looks to have all of the knowledge I need to start getting my feet wet, but the mention of bomb use gave me a bit of a pause.

I was told by someone on my server that we used Living Bomb now, switching to Nether Tempest for fights where it can reliably cleave or once your haste is quite high, yet the first post states that Living Bomb should never be used.

Was I misinformed? Is the original post outdated and not to be taken as the gospel for those of us completely new to the mage revamps? If so, is there another resource I might refer to for frost PvE talents/priorities/tips, or perhaps someone could offer me the quick and clean basics?

I don't believe it's been updated since 5.3. You are correct in stating LB is better single target and NT is better for cleaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post

You're right about the bombs.

LB in mono target
    NT is there's enough cleave or lots of adds (horridon, tortos, etc)

The majority on the first post is still valid and the best guide out there, and our mage community is quite strong on mmo-c so don't hesitate if you have a question

See ya

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I haven't gotten around to updating yet. I've been fairly busy, and my writing mood seems to be late at night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yeah, I haven't gotten around to updating yet. I've been fairly busy, and my writing mood seems to be late at night.
    It's alright you'll do it when you have the time, no worries

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    It's alright you'll do it when you have the time, no worries
    no no, you can't motive kuni like this. If it's no done by tomorrow, ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    no no, you can't motive kuni like this. If it's no done by tomorrow, ...

Go back on official forums you little beret wearing and fromage eating goblin mage .

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post

My opinion[/B]
    • change the 2-pieces bonus. It's not really usable at huge haste. Or the way Brain Freeze proc need to be changed.
    • keep the 4-pieces bonus or give us it's animation as a new spell.
    I found the 2pc to be very strong. However, the 4pc seemed to be absolute garbage, amounting to only 0.1% of my total damage over a 30m parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    I found the 2pc to be very strong. However, the 4pc seemed to be absolute garbage, amounting to only 0.1% of my total damage over a 30m parse.
    they just threw a number in there for the 4-set...I'm sure it will be adjusted. It seems to proc from spells different than the tooltip. All in all: major fail so far lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    they just threw a number in there for the 4-set...I'm sure it will be adjusted. It seems to proc from spells different than the tooltip. All in all: major fail so far lol
    I assume the fail is directed at Blizzard's apparent refusal to deal with frost's atrocious scaling in tandem with the random number they threw in for 4pc? In which case, I concur. As for other spells, I was only noticing that it proccd off of frostfire bolt. Which ones did you see it proc off of?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    I assume the fail is directed at Blizzard's apparent refusal to deal with frost's atrocious scaling in tandem with the random number they threw in for 4pc? In which case, I concur. As for other spells, I was only noticing that it proccd off of frostfire bolt. Which ones did you see it proc off of?
    Moreso at the random number. Shit, they've had how long to work on that PTR build and we get a number drawn out of a hat?

Nathyiel had some reports of the boulder proccing off of Frostbolt and the proc rate for the 4-set was @ 30-35%...well below the 75% tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Moreso at the random number. Shit, they've had how long to work on that PTR build and we get a number drawn out of a hat?
    Everybody got numbers drawn out of a hat. You should have noticed by now that Blizzard operates this way in every single beta and PTR they do.
    At first, they only implement the mechanics and set the numbers to more or less random numbers. Then, once they have the mechanics working, they start adjusting the numbers to more reasonable values, usually in the last few weeks before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more concerned about random numbers on abilities if it was a release candidate.