Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    There is no debate freeloaders want every thing free. Oh Noes, Trion took steps to insure the game economy would not be horribly effected by spam accounts and botters. Spend 5 bucks and get over it, If you do not have 5 bucks to spend on a game ONCE you proly should not be wasting money on an internet sub.
    Something should not be labelled f2p when it is denying content.
    What you get is a free demo when content or features are denied.

There are a handful doing it right, where cosmetic or convenience items are costing money.
    Skins, xp boosts etc. Faster unlocks of new characters and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    You can buy Plat with rex?
    No.
    The platinum cap is 2500.
    One REX cost around 1000 platinum in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What you get is a free demo when content or features are denied.
    That's such a extreme definition of F2P.
    That limits the number of F2P mmos to Aion (US) and Tera, pretty much.
    The industry, and pretty much everyone else, disagrees with that definition.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    No.
    Also, demand for cash currency always is high when it is first introduced.
    Give it a few months.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

It's not denying any content. There are few limitations like extra souls (which you don't really need), some bag slots and shit (which you can purchase) but there is no content being denied

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    There is no debate freeloaders want every thing free. Oh Noes, Trion took steps to insure the game economy would not be horribly effected by spam accounts and botters. Spend 5 bucks and get over it, If you do not have 5 bucks to spend on a game ONCE you proly should not be wasting money on an internet sub.
    I don't think that's the point at all! When the company has advertising ALL over that states "No Trials. No Tricks. No Traps" - and then tricks AND traps you (Although that's debatable - since it may be a bug) THAT is the point. The AH is not some cosmetic accessory - and when the company states in their own info that ALL content is available - well...you can see where that's going!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's not denying any content. There are few limitations like extra souls (which you don't really need), some bag slots and shit (which you can purchase) but there is no content being denied
    And if you want to sell something, you can always go to 60 chat or city trade chat... and type "WTS Pony"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    And if you want to sell something, you can always go to 60 chat or city trade chat... and type "WTS Pony"
    I don't even understand why people can't AH on a F2P account? I have 3 accounts (one old, one new with SL and one F2P) and I'm accessing it fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by merrier View Post
    So, I'm completely, utterly confused by all of the fallout on the official forums over new F2P people not being able to sell on the AH. I'm hoping someone can explain to me in simple terms why being able to do absolutely everything in the game totally for free except that isn't enough?

I mean, I have a 60 character, a 50+, and various alts of levels near that and I use the AH to sell stuff only once in a while. If the AH didn't exist I'd still be in the same general status as I am now which is I have everything I need just from playing the game.

Oh wow this is the first I've heard of this. (been to busy playing Marvel Heroes lol)

Does this mean even though i bought the game at launch and SL at launch I can't post on the AH? or is it only for the people who didn't get either (though buying or raptr)

If you bought the game at any point you have no such restriction.

I am not sure the restriction even exists as reported actually. It's supposed to only be in effect for non-registered accounts.

Daglar suggested hitting the claim button in the cash shop as a temp fix. Could take up to 5 min.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure it is a bug. They said "no restrictions" on accessibility - this would be a step backwards for them. I can't believe Trion would be dumb enough to restrict a feature like the auction house. Plat cap is fine. Auction house is part of the game. If this is not a bug, then Trion are liars. Plain and simple. So, yeah... pretty sure it is a bug.

This is by far the most free F2P I have every played. All you need to do to get AH privileges is register and verify an email address with your account. That is to help combat botting, so it's for the good of the game, and for anybody not botting it is trivial.

There is very little that you cannot buy with platinum in the game, and even for those things you can buy credits with platinum via Rift Exchange.

I think they have done an excellent job of making it F2P. At first I wondered how they would make any money, but I find the incentives and the loyalty tiers make me want to spend money... must not... spend... money...

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 09:40 AM ----------

No.
    Well you kind of can, you buy one rift exchange thing from the store, and then sell it on the AH for platinum.
    So indirectly you can buy platinum with Rex.

In more detail, it is around 1000-1500 platinum on the AH for one Rift Exchange consumable which becomes something like 2500 credits when you consume it.

10+ Year Old Account
    2500 plat, one REX is like 1k so you can buy one and unlock the cap without any problems.
    Does this completely unlock the cap, or does it just raise it? Also, do the credits you get from the REX need to be spent to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Does this completely unlock the cap, or does it just raise it? Also, do the credits you get from the REX need to be spent to do so?
    It should completely unlock the cap. You'll earn an "account unlock" type reward from the loyalty system which you need to claim.

I think the loyalty you get from using the REX is enough to unlock it, and if not just spend a bit on something and that should get you to the threshold.

1 REX gives 1250 credits and 2500 loyalty when consumed. You will get a total of 2500 ADDITIONAL loyalty as you spend the credits, but you only need 1500 for the account functionality extension. I saw REX going as low as 950p on Faeblight yesterday. Also remember that there are other ways to get loyalty, including an in-game drop that gives loyalty when consumed.

There probably is a cap on plat after the account functionality extension, just like there's a cap on gold in wow: it's just that it's such a ridiculously high number that discussing it is pointless.

No.
    On many servers it's a 1:1 platinum to REX conversion and one thing of REX gives enough loyalty to remove the platinum cap

When does the UI prevent you from selling on the AH? When trying to submit or can you not even access the Auctions tab? Because I have never given a cent to Trion for my time in Rift (YET!) and I could access the tab (though I didn't submit it because I was just testing!).

Anyways ... it looks like I can use the AH without ever having paid.

Also: I like this game a lot.

Do you people complaining about not being able to use the AH realize they did that to stop any possibility of Gold Farmers from infesting the game? Do you ever stop to use your brain or do you just automatically start bitching about something that you don't understand?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.- It's not that people don't understand, we do understand.
    2.- Lower the tone a little bit, you seem kinda pissed and overly defensive over a game, and those are opinions about the game that can shift.

Chill out a bit please.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    1.- It's not that people don't understand, we do understand.
    2.- Lower the tone a little bit, you seem kinda pissed and overly defensive over a game, and those are opinions about the game that can shift.

Chill out a bit please.
    3. You can use the AH with a registered account.

This has been said like 12 times or something... I'm bad at math.