Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    The majority of the nation still opposes Obamacare. The Obama administration and the democrats are using illegal tricks to delay key aspects of Obamacare as long as possible so they don't get killed in the 2014 mid-terms. Obamacare is a dog. It's an albatross that even the democrats don't want hanging around their necks, so they're doing everything they can to hide its real effects. Above all they don't want to lose the Senate in the mid-terms - which is a real possibility if Obamacare is curbstomping the economy (as it inevitably will) in 2014. It's already brutalizing the part-time job industry in America with employers cutting hours and refusing to hire because of the stupid mandates and penalties. Oh - sorry - "taxes"...

That's why the Democrats are still desperately having to shill this dumb@$$ law to the public after 3 years. So they're begging celebrities to endorse it, hoping that is enough to get the stupid and the gullible to not riot in the streets when their health care costs triple. They're begging sport groups to endorsing, hoping enough beer-swilling sport enthusiasts are dumb enough to go along with it because a football player shilled it. All these tricks and lies to get people to "like" a plan that every poll has said the public hates and doesn't want.

So the GOP puts pressure on to not go along with this idiot plan for morons. I say that's a winning position, because that's what the bulk of America wants. Obamacare needs to be repealed, and tossed in the trash. What I cant' figure out is why there are so many liberals that are so eager to drink this Koolaid. All you young, healthy leftists do realize that it is your insurance rates that are going to triple, right? Enjoy that.

Really? You think endless attempts to repeal Obamacare is what voters want?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Really? You think endless attempts to repeal Obamacare is what voters want?
    Yep, pretty much.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3511401.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I didn't ask if they approve of it.

Repeal Obamacare isn't even on the list.

And its not like the GOP can even get the law repealed anyway so they're just wasting our time.

Right, because a majority of people saying they disapprove of something, and 42% saying they think something is going to negatively impact them doesn't imply they want it gone.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account

And its not like the GOP can even get the law repealed anyway so they're just wasting our time.
    What would you call "Reducing Health costs" if not repealing Obamacare? Even my sister, who is a very devout Obama supporter doesn't like this law, and to her, he can do no wrong.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Repealing ObummerCare addresses the top three. Pull your head out of your ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whether or not people want it repealed, I think it's pretty evident that there are much better uses of time and taxpayer money than endlessly trying to repeal the affordable healthcare act. Maybe once the Republicans know they stand a chance at repealing it, they should, rather than continuing to waste time and resources?

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...axpayer-money/

You can bash on greenpeace as a source all you want, the information in it is sourced and accurate, despite it being highly liberal.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Just un-fucking believable. I guess the GoP is finally proving they are out for themselves alone, and don't give a rat's ass about the country or the people they represent.
    You know, there ARE conservatives with legitimate gripes against public health care.

Good, I want to watch the game, and not be subjected to political statements/messages/propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Also, rather than blame Texas for needing abortion clinics in low income areas, why not do what Texas has tried to do and teach proper birth control instead. Don't blame the republicans when idiots cannot cover up when they are going in, or the women cannot be bothered to take a pill.
    lol This cracks me up. Do you know the "proper birth control" they want to teach in Texas? Abstinence. Yes, the same people who want to get rid of these abortion clinics are also the same one who don't want to provide a proper sex ed class to our children. We can certainly blame Republicans for both problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    "It is possible that once Americans start to learn more about the law - and see it in action, with the uninsured able to start shopping for coverage Oct. 1 - they will change their perspective on its potential impact," Gallup wrote
    This is the problem. Most don't really know what the bill is and how it works and a lot are only listening to the fear mongering done by the republican party.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what sports organizations do and what their opinion is, they don't need politicians telling them what to do. The NHL publicly supports gay players and I doubt that disenfranchised many people from the product who may not agree with it or any other gay rights issues. My point is the type of people who love a particular sport to begin with aren't going to stop watching it because that particular sport might have an opinion. They would have to be pretty in your face and pretty much tell you that you're a fucking idiot for voting or supporting something a certain way and that's simply not going to happen.

If the NFL came out and very simply said they thought it was a good idea I doubt there would be a very big hit to their product. The type of people who like sports to begin with are fairly passionate, and unless you completely insult them you aren't going to stop them from watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    This is the problem. Most don't really know what the bill is and how it works and a lot are only listening to the fear mongering done by the republican party.
    Right, because premiums increasing at a record rate, employers laying off people and/or forcing them in part-time jobs to avoid coverage, and insurance companies flat out not participating in Obummer exchanges are all republican fear-mongering. None of that is actually happening.

BTW, I love that United HealthCare just told California to go screw themselves yesterday and are going to stop selling individual policies in the state. But I guess that didn't happen either, and is just more fear-mongering.

There is no proof of that.

A majority of Americans disapprove of it, and 42% believe it will negatively impact them. The reasoning behind those opinions isn't part of the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare is a disaster. Insurance companies are pulling out of exchanges. They've even decided to delay the employer mandates until 2015 just so the Democrats don't have to defend the terrible implementation of the law until after the mid-terms.

lol This cracks me up. Do you know the "proper birth control" they want to teach in Texas? Abstinence.
    In an amazing deviation from standard issue gubmint practice, this would actually solve MORE problems than it creates.
    We can certainly blame Republicans for all problems.
    You know that's what you meant to type...

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    In an amazing deviation from standard issue gubmint practice, this would actually solve MORE problems than it creates.

You know that's what you meant to type...
    Really? We can blame Republicans for ALL problems?

I don't understand. The dems are pushing back a major portion of barrycare's implementation to 2015 because they...

...don't want people to have all that wonderful healthcare in 2014? Why? I thought it was the republicans who were evil and enjoy making people suffer and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Problem with the Republican party?

"Thanks, Obama."

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Yes. This policy has been in effect for quite some time now.

Carry on.