Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Set your mind in the present, not the past. There is nothing wrong with the game. I am happy as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As of late, it would seem to be Blizzard's belief that the way to solve their declining sub crisis is to 'casualize' the game more and make it more 'accessible". Is there any chance in your mind that they could make a reversal?

Clarification: This is not a threae about casualization destroying the game; its about if you think they could fix it.
    What is so casual about the path to Heroic: Ra-den and Challenge Modes?

There has never been so much content to explore, simply take your pick and immerse yourself in it as you travel the path. If (having explored the many avenues of WoW) you still can't find something to make you happy, then perhaps you have simply moved on from WoW -in which case WoW never needed 'fixing' (sic) and it is simply a matter of you to move and enjoy your new life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Ever want to play a game that has a everquest look but not the grind go to rift.
    Ever want to play in the Star Wars Universe play SWTOR.
    No longer like Hot Key MMO's play NW/GW2/Terra ect...
    the first 2 games were going down like crazy before going F2P.
    gw2 is a new game and its B2P only so it can only grow obviously. the other 2 are in no way comparable to wow.
    so wow is actually doing very good considering its age and its sub model.

Deleted
    The game is no by no means as bad as some say. There are loads of flaws with it and I'm not going to go into detail about any of them in this post. There are a lot of things I don't agree with what Blizzard have done and there are plenty of people out there that feel the same. I don't play anymore but I've played since Vanilla, I had one tier of sitting out due to playing a class that couldn't compete and I felt no need to play anymore after so much time spent doing other things and playing other games. I guess you could say I got bored however the game isn't nearly as gripping and time consuming as it should be.

What grinds my gears is when people flock to a new MMO that try to do things differently and expect it to be like WoW in terms of accessibility.

Deleted
    Another: I HATE LFR HURR DURR, REMOVE IT
    How original

Deleted
    What the hell is there to "fix" It's a 9 years old game. No game lasts forever and 8 mill subs is still shitloads for game this old.

Deleted
    Casuals did not ruin it, the fact they were merely milking the same concept for nearly 9 years did.

Casuals made this game work. Do you remember when it was new? It was a freaking MMO game that nearly anyone could pick up! Back in the days it was so awesome, no bullshits, simple game you could understand pretty quickly and had huge content at your disposal.

But all the additions were aimed way too much at the same group, new raids. For the most population they only saw things like sunwell island (whatever it was called), it was cool for them, but the resources put in the raid were mostly wasted.

Opening raids for everyone via LFR is merely a bandaid, resources should have never went into single activity that did not ever fit the most population anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz isn't going to change anything major, they've been going in the casual direction for years ever since after BC. They add gay shit like panda's and LFR because the children love it. I'm sure the next expansion will be, instead of something cool and relevant like burning legion, playable ponies and a story about friendship magic etc.

Hard modes are in a good spot right now, but the image of WoW has basically died for me. Everything except HM raids are so easy you can just afk and watch tv while doing it. Really is that what everyone wants? If that's the majority then I'm glad I am quitting for ESO. I'll be back when Blizzard gets back to their fucking roots and gives us a decent expansion.

BC was amazing, didn't that have one of the highest sub peeks of WoWs history? I wish they would go back to that.

I guess what pisses me off more is the childish direction the game went to cater to the less uhh... intelligent or mature folk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Hardmodes are more difficult today than they've ever been. If you think raiding used to be more complex you obviously didn't raid back then, or haven't done a fight like Heroic Ragnaros when it was current, or even heroic Lei Shin. Those are available to you assuming you're able. Just because an easier difficulty or casual aspect exists, doesn't mean that's the only part of the game.
    Adding few bells and whistles does not make a new distinctive other part of the game. Also pigeon holing yourself into one modified part of the game and pretend the entire game is hard is silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    If that's the majority then I'm glad I am quitting for ESO. I'll be back when Blizzard gets back to their fucking roots and gives us a decent expansion.

BC was amazing, didn't that have one of the highest sub peeks of WoWs history? I wish they would go back to that.
    You might be interested in Wildstar! Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...EhnHFak#t=510s

17 Lead and Senior Vanilla WoW ex Blizz devs work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    You sound rather angry. It is simply my opinion. When I see someone with a title I don't have, or a mount, or gear, my "sexual organs become engorged" just a little bit. I highly doubt I am the only person in all of WoW who is impressed by something they have not achieved for whatever reason. It is less common today then it used to be, but I would get whispers about my gear, mount, titles back in the day, and it made me feel good. Is that really so wrong?

Again, I don't mind that people get to see the content, but why is denying them a title or some gear asthetics so wrong? Hell, they already do that with challange modes and the Brawler's Guild, not to mention previous unobtainable titles/mounts. They have access to all the current content just like anyone else, so why not reward the people who put more effort into the game with trivial vanity items/titles?
    It's not wrong to feel good about what you've accomplished, until you start thinking that other people getting to do it (or something similar) undermines your experience somehow. All that does is show that the reason you're concerned with your achievements is to look down at others. And when I say you, I'm referring to raiders and the so called hardcore crowd as a whole, not necessarily you.

Have we reached a point where we need two WoWs? One WoW where heroic raids arent even heroic they are just the norm and there isn't even an LFR option, and the other where the extreme pinnacle of talent/skill would be reaching and clearing current normal difficulty raid tier. This way the hardcores would have what they want and the casuals would have what they want. Even though this would solve the problem (generally) I think it really wouldn't because it would take away what EVERY WoW player seems to want nowadays... to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the majority then I'm glad I am quitting for ESO. I'll be back when Blizzard gets back to their fucking roots and gives us a decent expansion.

Sorry, but compared to MoP TBC was utter crap (gameplay / class balance wise).
    Yeah the theme was great and I still have lots of fond memories, but If wow would be like TBC today, it would be dead already.

Deleted
    You can't fix what isn't broken. Don't like the game? Quit. So simple.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    A million other threads of this nature. Go find them and post your biased, unprofessional, and narrow-scope opinions there.
    Well said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sorry, but compared to MoP TBC was utter crap (gameplay / class balance wise).
    Yeah the theme was great and I still have lots of fond memories, but If wow would be like TBC today, it would be dead already.
    Systems wise MoP is better for sure. Accessibility in TBC was spot on though, if we had endgame like TBC but with increased difficulty and better class balance the game would be amazing. Cut out the old style attunements and make them more 'current'. WoW may not be as popular as it is atm, but it's a worthy sacrifice to make a better quality game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accessibility in TBC was spot on though, if we had endgame like TBC but with increased difficulty and better class balance the game would be amazing
    No it wouldn't. What you want is basically: "remove everything but Heroic raids". Go look at Wowprogress.com and see how many people actually do them.
    THAT would be your massive player base. One realm should be enough... ok maybe one PvE and one PvP realm.

No Kingdom can stand the test of time forever. Perhaps as a community of gamers we're looking for a whole new breed of MMORPG to sink our time into, something completely different and unique, the same way in which World of Warcraft was when it launched?

If another game came along today, and innovated the market as much as WoW did back then, Blizzard would be shitting themselves like crazy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No it wouldn't. What you want is basically: "remove everything but Heroic raids". Go look at Wowprogress.com and see how many people actually do them.
    THAT would be your massive player base. One realm should be enough... ok maybe one PvE and one PvP realm.
    Which is why TBC sustained an 8m player base. It would still be growing strong with those design philosophies. Problem is, Blizzard caved to empty threats with their super inexperienced team 2 of devs. Instead of creating new content for casual players to enjoy and get stuck into and hooked on, they decided to make raiding that content which was the wrong move. I don't mind that WoW has done, as they say, 'If you don't like it don't play it' which I don't anymore. Problem I have, as stated before, is when flavor of the month game players flock to a new game and insist WoW did everything right by making things accessible off the bat to every man, his dog and his dogs fleas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Maybe your opinion is the narrow and biased?

If these threads keep popping up as you say maybe there is something very wrong with the game and it's current direction that is pissing alot of people off.
    Even if 5 people a day make the same kind of threads that's still only a little over 1800 people a year... which is .000225 of the WoW population. Having a few complainers isn't relevant to the game being done wrong....