Page 48 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Cause you're ruinning others game experience because you don't like that they buyed a COSMETIC item..., don't you think it would be the same if someone kick you out of a raid/dungeon because you have X or Y transmog/mounts/title?
    The people purchasing these helms are making the game as a whole worse by promoting horrible business practices.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    That's cute, your trying to make people feel as helpless as you feel against seeing people kicked from LFR. I'm not falling for it though. Everything you say is pretty much nothing but baseless assumptions.

Reality probably is somewhere more in line with that the itemshop will start having a stigma attached to it. Which inevidently will have an effect (small but noticable) on it's sales. This can only be denied if you'd have a bad understanding of human psychology or economy.
    it won't stop me, because now that i know people like you exist, i'll spend more money on it than ever before.

really sickened by this type of behavior. takes a very pathetic and shallow piece of shit to behave this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    This sounds like a great idea, I think I will write an add-on that places anyone on ignore that has store mounts / armor.
    This way anyone downloading it and running it will then be filtered out of my LFR / LFD experience.
    Seeing as helm buyers are a very small minority, it is you who ends up filtered out of LFR/LFD, not the addon user.
    Mounts can't be scanned anyway, unless you're sitting on one the moment the addon scans you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The people purchasing these helms are making the game as a whole worse by promoting horrible business practices.
    Except they aren't horrible business practices. You're just broke.

that shows how shitty the community is, this is most likely done by the anti blizzard crowd that still plays the game and it is from the group of people that feel entitled to all the content without having to pay for the eye candy.

you are supposed to mog them not wear them they deserve to be kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    it won't stop me, because now that i know people like you exist, i'll spend more money on it than ever before.

really sickened by this type of behavior. takes a very pathetic and shallow piece of shit to behave this way.
    So according to your logic we're actually indirectly supporting the cash shop now?
    Then why are you upset? Blizzard is making more money now which is what you wanted?
    Bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    you are supposed to mog them not wear them they deserve to be kicked
    The joke's been done.

That kind of behavior just reeks of pettiness, but meh it's not against the rules of the game. Kicking people too often results in restrictions on vote kicking so that behavior will be reigned in one way or another.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, divides. It begins.

I'm not surprised in the least, I'm not as big a dick head as that, but I've seen free to play MMO's do this too. Got too much cash crap on? Well likelihood is others aren't going to laud you for it unless they're suck ups who hope you might throw them a bone. There are guilds and teams dedicated to using no store-bought stuff. You may argue 'but they paid for it, it's none of your business'.

Yes this is true, but if I walked outside in a gold plated tuxedo it's not going to stop all the people on the street from judging me.

One of the things I like about WoW is the relatively even chance all players have to attain all good things in the game. Mounts and Pets were just an extravagance...Gear and the appearance of it, however, is pretty much the heart and soul of the game for many. The fear is not the the people that own these items, it's that if they become popular enough, Blizzard will pour time and resources that could be spent for the subscription model players into these items, several of which will seem better than some of the most legendary items in the game.

I'd have been okay with this if it was a temporary deal. Or a Charity drive. But to me this marks an unsettling trend, which I hope is not expanded upon.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    So you are pleased with the new sets looking like trash compared to other tiers? You can't think that these helms didn't have something to do with it. So by them putting these in, my enjoyment of the game is in fact less due to the lower effort in designing tier sets that I wear. So it does affect me negatively. If I thought the sets were nicely done and looked good, I probably wouldn't care as much about these helm because dumb people with too much money will always buy dumb things imo, be it cars or hats or shoes or helms in game.
    I can understand if you don't like the new tier sets, or the cash shop items. I personally don't feel that the tier sets are overly bad (except for the mage set, which is almost identical to Cata's endgame mage set) and in fact I actually like at least one of them (Paladin, in case you're curious. Don't ask why, but I love that armor.) I can't fault you for your opinion, I should clarify; I think that kicking people from LFR and/or guilds based on the player's choice of what they do with their money is, to me, asinine. Disliking them, however, is not.

Apologies.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    So you are pleased with the new sets looking like trash compared to other tiers? You can't think that these helms didn't have something to do with it. So by them putting these in, my enjoyment of the game is in fact less due to the lower effort in designing tier sets that I wear. So it does affect me negatively. If I thought the sets were nicely done and looked good, I probably wouldn't care as much about these helm because dumb people with too much money will always buy dumb things imo, be it cars or hats or shoes or helms in game.
    Personal opinion. Many of the Vanilla/TBC sets look like utter crap to me (I mean... Giantstalker? Really?). But even while some sets are "meh", I really like others. It's the same in every expansion. I loved the Icecrown Warrior set. Hated the Hunter one. I'm positively in love with the upcoming Monk and Warrior sets.

So yeah, leave your artistic preferences at the door. Or at least don't try to pass them off as facts.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You shouldn't skim posts. I didn't compare this to real ID. I compared real ID to a hypothetical scenario where Blizzard implements a real pay to win microtransaction, which I define as anything that increases your DPS, HPS, or EHP.

Also, as I said already, getting extra money through microtransactions, (gouging the players, as you called it) isn't mutually exclusive with making good content.
    I didn't skim, my original post said these helmets came out in 5 days in order to prevent much uproar and insisted they would do the same thing with items that had stats or other boosts to prevent the uproar to stop it from happening, once it is in place it would cost far too much for Blizzard to provide refunds and remove the items from the inventories thus they wouldn't revert it. Real ID was a major thing that could have hurt people's actual privacy, something the media took attention to which is one of the biggest reasons as to why Blizzard backed down from it, not because the players were threatening, but because this had a heavy presence in the news which would then cause issues not only with their current player base, but anyone thinking about coming to the game. This however, won't cause that kind of an uproar within the time period.

CRZ had a way bigger uproar than this cash shop does, and Blizzard continued to put it into the game, and that was over some time of it being in beta before it was added in game. There is a reason why they did this so fast, and it isn't as innocent as people would like to believe.

Yes it is gouging. $15 for a helm? When F2P games sell them for a fraction of that cost? That is gouging. Also, if they can continue to be profitable by releasing mediocre content, and making up for most of the difference with a cash shop, they can eventually start downsizing their staff making it more profitable. Not saying this is the direction they are 100% going, but it is a fair possibility, especially with a company who already made a shady (Unethical) business decision to sell people items, no matter vanity or not for real money while chargint hem a subscription that was supposed to keep everyone on a level playing field. Yes, vanity items, especially ones that change how your character looks effects the playing field. Role Playing Games such as World of Warcraft are heavily effected by the way your character looks, if it weren't there wouldn't be any "Transmogging" or complains about how the new sets of gear look.

Off-Topic, but a question for you: Do you like the current looks of the gear since Transmogging has been implemented? I'd say the majority of it is uninspired and all looks like a form of plate armour. It looks so bad to me, that I have to transmog my armour in order to actually play the game because I really don't like staring at an ugly character. Of course there is nice gear I like but it's only a fraction. Just remember, I'm only asking your opinion out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    How is the sale of cosmetic items a horrible business practice?

Iv seen this happen a few times. Honestly, I dont want to run with the people that are enabling blizzard to do this and gain something from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Personal opinion. Many of the Vanilla/TBC sets look like utter crap to me (I mean... Giantstalker? Really?). But even while some sets are "meh", I really like others. It's the same in every expansion. I loved the Icecrown Warrior set. Hated the Hunter one. I'm positively in love with the upcoming Monk and Warrior sets.

So yeah, leave your artistic preferences at the door. Or at least don't try to pass them off as facts.
    Fact is the sets don't stand out anymore and are all inspiritationless with very bland colour schemes. Just because you refuse to accknowledge it doesn't mean it's not a fact.

If I see people wearing the helmet instead of failing on the kick if I get 24 ppl like you, I'm just going to say "2 more votes, blabla, afker" and get them kicked out that way. Will always work, damn I'm looking forward to the next LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG.. I saw this coming. It's Sparkle Pony all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    Whats wrong with it? You are abusing the system. That is whats wrong with it. If the kicked player did nothing wrong other than wearing a transmog helmet legit bought from the store....then the question you should ask yourself is, what the hell is really wrong with you that you are so petty to abuse a system in the game to grief another player needlessly. Yeah the blizzard store is garbage but just because you are pissed off at blizzard does not give you the right to grief players solely because of your self righteous crusade to get back at blizzard in some sort of heinous way.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

I guess there's some in-game impact to cosmetic items after all.