Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its natural for people to want everything for free if they can get it. Its human nature, but its not how the real world works. If YOU.. YOU had the opportunity to make extra money for offering an extra, non-necessary thing or service, on top of the service / good you already provide, would you not do so?

Oh wait, i suppose to support your arguement you would say "OMG NO I WOULDNT, I WOULD JUST ADD IT ON THE SERVICE I ALREADY PROVIDE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR BUYING FROM ME!!"
    There is nothing free about them even if there was not an additional charge we are still paying a sub fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    In your signature banner, you're wearing Tier 2 mage gear. That means running Blackwing Lair a few times, a clear that's kind of annoying (god, the slows) but is otherwise in no way difficult -- especially if you can recruit a friend for the first boss.

Is Tier 2 mage gear gorgeous? Yes.

Is Tier 2 mage gear even remotely hard to get? Not really.

Does the fact that Tier 2 mage gear is an easy grind for a Level 90 render the fact it looks totally awesome invalid? No, it doesn't.

Just because something is common (or potentially common -- just because transmog gear's available from the shops doesn't mean everyone's going to wear it at once, or even in the same way) doesn't mean it can't be beautiful and have value to the person wearing it.
    It had lost value to me, which is why I replaced it with T3 I obtained from the BMAH.

I don't like the greed, I don't think I should have to buy each expantion, pay a sub, and have a cash shop on top of that.

I really hate micro transactions and in game stores it really takes the 'game' out of the game for me. I don't like that people can buy their way around things. A game should be fun not oh man I wish I could buy a level token to get past this level.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-08-01 at 08:38 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    absolutely nothing, as long as we can obtain the items sold by ingames mean and not be forced to buy with $$.
    You are not forced to buy anything from the cash shop. How many times do people have to drill this into your (and other people's) head?

Deleted
    Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.

Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.

Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

-Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)

As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    The fantasy goes both ways:

-Thunderforged (or future variants) only accessible through a cash shop
    -Buy your L90 character in the cash shop
    -Buy an extra raid lockout
    -Purchase honor/conquest/valor/justice
    -etc.

Can't list only the potentially awesome things they could do with it and then claim this cash shop is the best thing since peanut butter jelly sandwiches.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not forced to buy anything from the cash shop. How many times do people have to drill this into your (and other people's) head?

http://www.edge-online.com/features/...-free-to-play/

Psychology disagrees

Deleted
    Your not forced to buy anything from any cash shop in any game but guess what the other games that use such models dont also charge a monthly fee.

Blizzard have been leaking millions of subs, their response is to add a cash shop and vanity items to the online store. How transparent are their intentions? even the biggest fanboys in WoW history are starting to realize its a lost cause, there are some though (mainly in this thread) that will lap up anything Blizzard feed them.

Iv been a player for over 7 years, iv defended Blizzard and their intentions a number of times but this is beyond a piss take.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2013-08-01 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first (and probably the last time) I agree with something Jaylock has said.

The sky truly is falling.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    You aren't paying for the icecream. You're paying for the worker's work. You're paying for his salary. Everything he does on his work hours is paid for by you.
    This is a load of BS.

You pay your sub fee to have access to the servers that the game is on. NOTHING MORE. You have access to the game, everything else that the cash shop offers are additional things that you can choose to buy or not. Stop acting like its required that they be free just because they were developed by the same company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Your not forced to buy anything from any cash shop in any game but guess what the other games that use such models dont also charge a monthly fee.
    So why can't WoW be different? There's nothing saying it has to be one or the other, why not both? Why not Zoidberg? Besides, the ones you're talking about also tend to include a P2W item or 2, the blizzard one does not.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Its natural for people to want everything for free if they can get it. Its human nature, but its not how the real world works. If YOU.. YOU had the opportunity to make extra money for offering an extra, non-necessary thing or service, on top of the service / good you already provide, would you not do so?

Oh wait, i suppose to support your arguement you would say "OMG NO I WOULDNT, I WOULD JUST ADD IT ON THE SERVICE I ALREADY PROVIDE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR BUYING FROM ME!!"
    Define "free". Free in the context of something that is subscription based and something that is a game can mean different things. I don't consider heroic raid gear to be "free". I consider the time investment, effort, and general challenge of acquiring the gear and playing the game to be the "cost." That's a fair cost though. We pay to log in to the game, we play the game to earn the rewards contained therein.

It's two forms of payment, one for baseline access (monetary) and one for the perks contained therein (time spent playing, much more nebulous perhaps.)

So no, we aren't asking that these things be "Free". They will never truly be "Free" unless Blizzard mailed them to us OUTSIDE of WoW, because remember, even if all players acquired the items via a free in-game mail from Blizzard, they STILL would have paid at least ONCE.

One form of payment is necessary, the second is keeping within the conditions of what a game is, the third (cash shop) is overstepping the bounds, because it's asking for more than many consumers are willing to give, despite having paid once, and their willingness to pay twice (with gameplay and time investment).
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is nothing free about them even if there was not an additional charge we are still paying a sub fee.
    But if blizzard said they could offer everything the exact same, content patches and all, and said they could do it for free, you would have a problem with that? Bull shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    The fantasy goes both ways:

-Thunderforged (or future variants) only accessible through a cash shop
    -Buy your L90 character in the cash shop
    -Buy an extra raid lockout
    -Purchase honor/conquest/valor/justice
    -etc.

Can't list only the potentially awesome things they could do with it and then claim this cash shop is the best thing since peanut butter jelly sandwiches.
    They could even add to the cash shop:

-Increased bag slots
    -Increased bank slots
    -Increased character limits on realms / accounts (ie: allow you to purchase an extra slot on the realm you are on, or extra character slots for your account to raise it above the 50 character limit)
    -Items that increase / decrease character size
    -Merry-go-round vanity item that allows you and a few of your friends to ride a portal merry-go-round

The list can go on and on!

Deleted
    Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game virtual store?
    Is wrong that they transformed the game in a "Fee to Pay".

You pay subscription to acces the ingamestore to buy things in the game.

You either go subscription and everyone have acces to everything , or you go free to play and you make money from microtransactions.

What Blizzard did is

GREED

And I already voted with my wallet that I don't accept this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    So why can't WoW be different? There's nothing saying it has to be one or the other, why not both? Why not Zoidberg? Besides, the ones you're talking about also tend to include a P2W item or 2, the blizzard one does not.
    ^This.

Nothing says Blizzard has to be a free to play game OR a Buy to Play game. I like they idea of a hybrid game where you can choose to buy some vanity, transmog / non essential items from a cash shop that has NO EFFECT on character power or gameplay.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-08-01 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    It had lost value to me, which is why I replaced it with T3 I obtained from the BMAH.
    And that's fine, if you've decided to move on. But unless it lost value to you immediately after it became easy to acquire (and let's face it, Blackwing Lair has been a faceroll for expansions now), presumably its rarity wasn't first in your mind when you equipped it.

But frankly, even if it was, what's true for you isn't for me and what's true for me isn't necessarily true for any other person playing the game. I love transmog because it gives me a chance to be creative, you love transmog because it gives you the chance to be unique. If L33tRogue23 loves transmog because it gives him a chance to wear enormous fiery helms while stabbing people in the face, that's okay too. In fact, that's fantastic, because it means he's enjoying the game and, really, isn't that what we're all here to do?
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Because its a premium game, they already get paid a ton of money to develop the game further. Other companies rely on transactions to keep the game running, there's no excuse other than greed to excuse Blizzards decision on this.

Every other game in the world cant be wrong, from LoL to GW2 and all the other games in between they dont charge both because its bare faced cheek and they dont have the balls to insult their player base. Blizzard obviously dont give 2 fucks though, their fans lap this shit up and defend them to the hilt.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2013-08-01 at 08:50 PM.

it not about the shop itself or the items in it. Its the fact that blizzard is a sub based game. Since you pay a monthly fee. You should have access to everything in that game. Not like this. You have to buy additional crap ontop of the sub fee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy88 View Post
    Define "free". Free in the context of something that is subscription based and something that is a game can mean different things. I don't consider heroic raid gear to be "free". I consider the time investment, effort, and general challenge of acquiring the gear and playing the game to be the "cost." That's a fair cost though. We pay to log in to the game, we play the game to earn the rewards contained therein.
    Free in the sense if blizzard could provide the same quality game, with content patches and the like, (like they do now), if they all of a sudden said "hey we are doing this all for free now, and we dont mind not making any more whatsoever, so come play all you want!" People naturally would love to get something for nothing (in terms of currency / monetary value). Its human nature.

It's two forms of payment, one for baseline access (monetary) and one for the perks contained therein (time spent playing, much more nebulous perhaps.)
    I agree. Your time spent is a intrinsic cost of playing a game, or doing anything for that matter.

So no, we aren't asking that these things be "Free". They will never truly be "Free" unless Blizzard mailed them to us OUTSIDE of WoW, because remember, even if all players acquired the items via a free in-game mail from Blizzard, they STILL would have paid at least ONCE.
    I never said you or anyone else was asking for the game to be free, i just said it was human nature to want things for free (if and when at all possible).

One form of payment is necessary, the second is keeping within the conditions of what a game is, the third (cash shop) is overstepping the bounds, because it's asking for more than many consumers are willing to give, despite having paid once, and their willingness to pay twice (with gameplay and time investment).
    This is the statement with which I disagree with you on. Having the "third cost" as you put it is not overstepping the bounds, because you don't define those bounds. Blizzard does. Furthermore, its obvious that they are not "asking for mroe than many consumers are willing to give" because many consumers ARE giving their money to blizzard to purchase these virtual store items / mounts / pets etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's actually nothing wrong with the store. You use it or you don't. If you think stuff is too expensive, don't buy it. See how easy that was?

If people mind their own business and don't act like neighborhood snoops it won't have any effect on them either. I realize that's too much to ask because half of the crap I read here is someone sounding as if they're about to collapse on a fainting couch because of what someone else might or might not be doing.

The mature way to deal with it though is to simply not give a damn about what everyone else is doing and just go and enjoy your game. If you can no longer enjoy it then find some other game to snoop around in or better yet, go play single-player games where others won't be bothering you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

But if blizzard said they could offer everything the exact same, content patches and all, and said they could do it for free, you would have a problem with that? Bull shit.
    I am not sure what you are talking about. If they went free to play I would have no issue with adding items to a cash shop. Or if they decided to add the helms without an additional charge I would still have paid for them through my sub fee they would not be free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's actually nothing wrong with the store. You use it or you don't. If you think stuff is too expensive, don't buy it. See how easy that was?

If people mind their own business and don't act like neighborhood snoops it won't have any effect on them either. I realize that's too much to ask because half of the crap I read here is someone sounding as if they're about to collapse on a fainting couch because of what someone else might or might not be doing.

The mature way to deal with it though is to simply not give a damn about what everyone else is doing and just go and enjoy your game. If you can no longer enjoy it then find some other game to snoop around in or better yet, go play single-player games where others won't be bothering you.
    Ah so people that disagree with your opinion are immature that's real... err... mature?!?