Page 1 of 2
LastLast

US marines site hacked

The pro-Assad Syrian Electronic Army appears to have hacked the U.S. Marines recruitment website, marines.com, and posted a letter urging Marines not to attack Syria.

"Dear US Marines, This is a message written by your brothers in the Syrian Army, who have been fighting Al Qaeda for the last 3 years," the message states. "... Obama is a traitor who wants to put your lives in danger to rescue Al Qaeda insurgents."
    The message ends by saying, "You're more than welcome to fight alongside our army rather than against it. Your brothers, the Syrian army soldiers. A message delivered by the SEA."
    Al Qaeda-linked militants, including the al-Nusra Front, are among the opposition groups in Syria. Analysts fear a U.S. strike on the Syrian regime could help bolster al Qaeda.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/50...ite-hacked.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/02/world/...html?hpt=hp_c2

Wow, Asaad must be shitting his pants. This is about retribution for chemical attacks. He should realize that by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a way to not gain support for your side..

Deleted
    Has anybody considered that the pro Assad lot may not be responsible for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    One thing I did notice, one of the pics of the servicemen that they posted protesting is a fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    One thing I did notice, one of the pics of the servicemen that they posted protesting is a fake.
    I'm assuming you're using something about the uniform to identify it as fake. I know fuckall about the uniforms of our servicemen. Explain?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

I don't blame them, the US are rushing to enter the war, they don't even wait for the UN experts.
    I mean, what is the point if everyone ignores them and goes to war anyway?
    The US government are scum as usual.

Until definitive public proof of a chemical attack is there, nothing should be done.
    Have they forgotten Iraq?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    I'm assuming you're using something about the uniform to identify it as fake. I know fuckall about the uniforms of our servicemen. Explain?
    A senior NCO would never have his badge of rank hanging off like his is, either the rank is fake or the uniform is, either way he is a fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I don't blame them, the US are rushing to enter the war, they don't even wait for the UN experts.
    I mean, what is the point if everyone ignores them and goes to war anyway?
    The US government are scum as usual.

Until definitive public proof of a chemical attack is there, nothing should be done.
    Have they forgotten Iraq?
    Must be pretty mundane to paint whole countries with such a wide brush. Makes it much easier to just dismiss millions of people at a stroke.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Just going to leave this here.

This. Bit of a difference between hacking and redirecting traffic to another website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Wow, Asaad must be shitting his pants. This is about retribution for chemical attacks. He should realize that by now.
    well many hawks in the republican party wants to bomb until the rebels win.
    also worth noting is the fact that this is a complete gain for him, the loss if any is minimal, the gain is too to be honest but this is totally meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fake pics and for all that I know the hackers (if true) are fake as well not representing what they claim.
    Either way I couldnt care less since marines are undercover burgerflippers as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Fake pics and for all that I know the hackers (if true) are fake as well not representing what they claim.
    Either way I couldnt care less since marines are undercover burgerflippers as well.
    Everything about this is confusing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything about this is confusing.
    Yes, military men you know.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes, military men you know.
    Have you been on the snus again, Bakis?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Na, just recollections from the friends serving with the US non-special forces forces in Afghanistan.
    A hint, flipping burgers masterminds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There is good reasons we can't sell it to the rest of the EU as you can see. ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    A senior NCO would never have his badge of rank hanging off like his is, either the rank is fake or the uniform is, either way he is a fraud.
    This is true.

Anyways, even if he was real, it's really stupid to exploit the uniform to further your own political objective in defiance of the commander-in-chief. There will be SAEDA briefings about this for the next few weeks.

...POTUS, the head of the US Military, wants to attack Syria. US population is heavily against it. What does he do? He has the Marines fake hack their own site to make false evidence against them to pressure against an attack. I'd put money on that this SEC is a US creation that Obama's people came up with.