[WW] RJW bug on PTR, giving ridiculously inflated damage with SEF

This is basically part 2 of my exploration into single-target SEF exploitation on the PTR since FoF was fixed. I started exploring the idea of single-target RJW vs Jab + BoK and naturally transitioned back into "what if.. with SEF?" just to get a numbers check, and I stumbled upon something ridiculous and brought screenshots this time.

This test was done without weapons (later re-tested with weapons and ratios were the same) on the Darnassus target dummies, using RJW between the Raider's Target Dummy and the level 70 target dummy (hence the variation from max to min, was hitting 2 targets with different armor levels) because I could not get SEF in a position to hit just one thing with RJW, but I don't believe that has impacted the test at all because I visually confirmed the numbers coming up and it appeared the same in default floating combat text and combat log.

As you can see, my RJW damage was exactly 70% of my non-SEF RJW damage as expected, however the spirit's RJW damage was somehow HIGHER than even my base non-SEF damage. I know this looks insane, which is why I encourage as many people as possible to test this quickly, I even brought my raid leader that also plays Monk to test this with me and he confirmed it. I don't know what's going on here, but this is a serious bug that could be heavily inflating DPS numbers.

Edit: I should add that this was the standard no procs of any kind testing, no trinkets, cloak, or weapons. Just the absolute basics to prove a point.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2013-09-04 at 06:56 AM.

Deleted
    Oh wow, these bugs seem to pop out like mushrooms during the rain! I think and hope this will be addressed soon as more people test this out and report it to the Big bad blues.. I hope. I would love to play Bug free.

Deleted
    Hey, nice findings. I'll test them soon and update this post. As always, I hope I'm not repeating something already known. As for now, I'm ninjaing this thread to post some of my findings:

Though the build is at 17345 on the PTR, RJW still does only 60% of SCK damage. Tested naked, SCK does ~55 dmg / tick on a 80 dummy, RJW 32-33. Possibly a datamining error that it would be 80%?

SCK ticks all 0.75 sek over 2.25 sek (as it says in the tooltip). The duration is correct, but the ticks come faster. Each SCK cast gives 4 ticks over 2.25 sek. Though the first isn't directly when beginning the cast, something along the lines of (0 - 0.75 - 1.5 - 2.25) is possible.
    RJW ticks all 0.75 sek over 6 sek. Also here, the duration is correct. Each RJW cast gives 9 ticks (note: I hade about 5% casts where only 8 ticks were made. But in 95% of the cases it ticked 9 times.). Same calculation: 0 - 0.75 - 1.5 - 2.25 - 3 - 3.75 - 4.5 - 5.25 - 6 leads to 9 ticks.

This has to be considered when comparing the two. Some simple math, one SCK tick is set to be 100 damage, one RJW 60:
    Damage per resource:
    SCK is 400 damage / 40 energy -> 10 DPR
    RJW is 540 damage / 40 energy -> 13.5 DPR
    Damage per second (1target):
    SCK is 400 damage / 2.25 s -> 177.78 DPS
    RJW is 540 damage / 6 s -> 90 DPS

This basically means that, only considering that spell, SCK does almost double the DPS of RJW. This could lead to RJW being worse quite fast when more and more targets are considered, especially on short AoE phases (fights like Tortos or Lei Shen come to mind).

[e] I can confirm your findings. Some naked numbers on the Level 80 and the Raiders training dummy in UC:
    RJW without SEF: 32-33 / 25-26
    RJW with SEF: 23 / 18 -> ~70%, as it should be.
    RJW of the clone: 37-38 / 29 -> ~115%
    RJW with one SEF total = ~185% of a normal RJW
    Tested it with SCK too, the numbers there seem to be adjusted correctly with SEF out.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-09-04 at 08:23 AM.

Ypu should post your findings on the ptr forums. I don't want something dumb like this getting through.

This bug reminds me of the priest holy nova bug they found a yea years ago. Basically it reduced the gcd of holy nova to 0.

Deleted
    Just tested on the PTR: RJW has been fixed. It is now 80% of SCK damage. And the clone does the same RJW damage as the monk.

With the new numbers, one SCK tick is set to be 100 damage:
    Damage per resource:
    SCK is 400 damage / 40 energy -> 10 DPR
    RJW is 720 damage / 40 energy -> 18 DPR
    Damage per second (1target, 0 haste):
    SCK is 400 damage / 2.25 s -> 177.78 DPS
    RJW is 720 damage / 6 s -> 120 DPS
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-09-05 at 10:55 PM.

Oh good, now we can do real aoe testing and see what's going on.

Could this have been what was wrong with the "Internal Test" that Blizzard said was so much higher than all our theorycrafters?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Could this have been what was wrong with the "Internal Test" that Blizzard said was so much higher than all our theorycrafters?
    Even if it was theorycrafters had access to the same thing. So it's more than likely something different that isn't being tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Even if it was theorycrafters had access to the same thing. So it's more than likely something different that isn't being tried.
    No, no one knew this was happening. However, I doubt that their internal tests had anything to do with single target SEF anyways because it's not designed to work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    No, no one knew this was happening. However, I doubt that their internal tests had anything to do with single target SEF anyways because it's not designed to work that way.
    So now the question is, how do we get the same numbers their playtesters are getting?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    So now the question is, how do we get the same numbers their playtesters are getting?
    See the 5 other threads about WW PTR DPS for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Unfortunately you will never ever be able to see the same numbers as their imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?