Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Vol'jin has literally done nothing making him worthy of this title.

He made a rebellion, woo, well, he wasn't able to rescue his people. Even when he returned to sen'jin, he just stood by well Thrall and Chen faught off the kor'kohn.
    You know who it was fighting to take back undercity in wrath days well vol'jin sat outside and did nothing? Thrall and Sylvanas.

For years, Vol'jins done nothing but stand around in grommash hold. He's not done anything worthy to validate this. And honestly, all this feels like it was done for shock value, almost as if the devs were saying 'here, we're show you we can choose someone else beside an orc', and thats it.

Maybe if the developers had spent more time developing him over the years, instead of just paying a writer to write a novel for him, and claim that as development (which from all accounts, it had nothing in it as far as development went for vol'jin) then maybe I might have felt far less diappointed in this.
    Seriously, Rexxar has done more for the horde then vol'jin.
    Can't agree more here. There is also one small fact that makes me kinda dislike Vol'Jin:

After badmounthing Garrosh for one time too much he gets a dagger in the neck. Fortunately tho, Trolls seem to not need blood flow to power their brains, so he survived. And heres the situation: the Darkspear are left leaderless, and continue to live in Orgrimmar and in close provimity of Orgrimmar, being loyal to Garrosh (unaware he actually tried to kill Vol'Jin).

So, in such a situation, what is the worst thing any leader can do? Well, openly declaring that he survived and that his people are now the enemies of Garrosh seems like a good pick. Yeah, I'm sure they are very gratefull being stuck in the middle of their enemies capital without outside help.

The Horde is really entering the golden age with such a genious leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    So powerful and cunning that he would have been dead if it wasnt for the help we got him.

He is not as cunning as you think he is, and he is less powerful than almost everyone in that room (except Gallywix)

Thrall was the only choice, but the people qqing about the bad role he had in the worst expansion in WoW's history that we are all trying to forget made them go with a worse chocie, Vol'jin.

Go read Shadows of the Horde. Nothing you say is remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Can't agree more here. There is also one small fact that makes me kinda dislike Vol'Jin:

After badmounthing Garrosh for one time too much he gets a dagger in the neck. Fortunately tho, Trolls seem to not need blood flow to power their brains, so he survived. And heres the situation: the Darkspear are left leaderless, and continue to live in Orgrimmar and in close provimity of Orgrimmar, being loyal to Garrosh (unaware he actually tried to kill Vol'Jin).

So, in such a situation, what is the worst thing any leader can do? Well, openly declaring that he survived and that his people are now the enemies of Garrosh seems like a good pick. Yeah, I'm sure they are very gratefull being stuck in the middle of their enemies capital without outside help.

Uh, the Trolls have never been loyal to Garrosh. Remember that whole kicking them out of Orgrimmar thing? Secondly, Vol'jin didn't openly declare he was alive and moving against Garrosh until he returned and start the rebellion.

But nice job completely making shit up just to smear the dude you don't like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Go read Shadows of the Horde. Nothing you say is remotely true.
    That was just a last of the minute attempt to make him look better than he his.. And it was still a failed attemp..

Reading trough that book was painfull..

Deleted
    vol'jin was the obvious choice, but we expected an unexpected choice that's all. anyways if the new troll model would look like vol'jin MAN OMG. id roll a troll in this moment

Deleted
    Could be worse, besides Vol'jin has proven to be loyal to the Horde and has been around since Thrall united the trolls and orcs.

Here is the thing about Vol'jin Every action he has taken since Garrosh was named Warchief has been for the good of the Horde. Not himself, or the Trolls. for the good of the HORDE.

and There was no way that Thrall was going to take the mantle back. hell we had a whole patch stroyline last expac about Thrall mastering his emotions.. the last thing he is going to do is say "Oh hey yeah, I know I totally put this guy in charge even though people were telling me not to, that means I totes deserve leadership right?" Thrall is so prideful he doesn't even SHOW taht regret at that moment.

The thing is, I can see the next struggles for each faction being from within. The Horde have to have an issue with the way Sylvanas is kinda just doing her own thing. and I know that people like the Council, Tyrande etc have to have a massive issue that Jaina has as much pull as she does, especially with the way she acted in that scene.

we shall see though.
    "Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He does look pretty intimidating though. Varian was like, "the fuck".

I wouldn't call him an Alliance lover either, considering how fucking brutal Trolls have historically been.

Also who cares about the tradition of it all. They are the ones living in the present, they can do what they want. I like the choice honestly but I do wish it was someone like Rexxar, but unfortunately they didn't build him at all this expansion. The only legitimate choices that have been built upon are Lor'themar and Vol'jin. Somehow I think Lor'themar would have been an even worse choice.

What a mind fuck it would have been if they chose Sylvanas. But had they done that I imagine the Alliance would have went straight to war, again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    someone hasnt been paying much attention to the story, and i found that person^
    Your signature is more relevant now than ever, good sir.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Daetola View Post
    Uh, the Trolls have never been loyal to Garrosh. Remember that whole kicking them out of Orgrimmar thing? Secondly, Vol'jin didn't openly declare he was alive and moving against Garrosh until he returned and start the rebellion.

But nice job completely making shit up just to smear the dude you don't like.
    Okay, let's slow down a bit. You do not. Start. A rebellion. When your people. Are being in close proximity. To the target. Of your rebellion.

Patch 5.3 kicked off with Vol'Jin declaring aggression to Garrosh and starting a rebellion - and in the outcome, trolls in Orgrimmar started to be repressed. I cant blame Garrosh for turning the whole thing to a hostage situation when the hostages were served to him on a silver platter.

troll master race

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    He does look pretty intimidating though. Varian was like, "the fuck".

I wouldn't call him an Alliance lover either, considering how fucking brutal Trolls have historically been.

Also who cares about the tradition of it all. They are the ones living in the present, they can do what they want. I like the choice honestly but I do wish it was someone like Rexxar, but unfortunately they didn't build him at all this expansion. The only legitimate choices that have been built upon are Lor'themar and Vol'jin. Somehow I think Lor'themar would have been an even worse choice.

What a mind fuck it would have been if they chose Sylvanas. But had they done that I imagine the Alliance would have went straight to war, again.
    Hang on... lemme screenshot it....

Just imagine coming to the negotiating table and seeing that across from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, let's slow down a bit. You do not. Start. A rebellion. When your people. Are being in close proximity. To the target. Of your rebellion.

Patch 5.3 kicked off with Vol'Jin declaring aggression to Garrosh and starting a rebellion - and in the outcome, trolls in Orgrimmar started to be repressed. I cant blame Garrosh for turning the whole thing to a hostage situation when the hostages were served to him on a silver platter.
    I'm actually impressed that this didn't escalate as soon as Vol'jin threatened Garrosh's life.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

His new model looks just badass.

10+ Year Old Account

I think you have it backwards. His tribe was being rounded up and oppressed right after Garrosh had him knifed; the Kor'kron are rounding them up as "traitors to the Horde" as soon as 5.1. Rumours of Vol'jin's survival didn't circulate until far later... and besides, coming back to secure his holdings and rescue his people doesn't make him a bad leader.

What was he supposed to do? Keep his head down forever until the Darkspear tribe doesn't even exist anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I think you have it backwards. His tribe was being rounded up and oppressed right after Garrosh had him knifed; the Kor'kron are rounding them up as "traitors to the Horde" as soon as 5.1. Rumours of Vol'jin's survival didn't circulate until far later... and besides, coming back to secure his holdings and rescue his people doesn't make him a bad leader.

What was he supposed to do? Keep his head down forever until the Darkspear tribe doesn't even exist anymore?
    Got me there.

However, it's still unwise to openly threaten Garrosh in such a situation. Vol'Jin could be disagreeing with the Warchief, but he acted very aggresive while doing so. And this endangered not only him, but also people who he was responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Exactly.

Some people are clearly cherry picking to cast him in a negative light, probably because it's the only way they can really find a fault with him and his crowning.

Deleted
    "The warchief has always been an orc" - there have been 2.... You guys make it sound like as if the Horde as it is now has been existing for such a long time, no it hasn't, it's as old as Thrall is as a young orc. Where is it written down that just because the warchief was an orc twice it has to be that way eternally?

Yes, Vol'jin was obvious, but in my opinion it's alot better to have a character build up over time to then become the warchief rather than taking some random character nobody has ever heard of. If the latter would have happened, people would have QQ'd that the lore wouldn't make any sense, that he came out of nowhere and nobody knows him and that there's no connection etc etc. No matter what, there's always people that aren't happy.

Vol'jin makes sense, he doesn't like the Alliance at all which will keep the 'war' aspect of the game (not like Thrall trying to go for peace), but he isn't stupid to not ask for help when the entire world is at stake, cause when everyone is dead, where will the war be?

It's a good choice. Go go Blizz, I'll keep reading the books and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    That was just a last of the minute attempt to make him look better than he his.. And it was still a failed attemp..

Reading trough that book was painfull..
    What? Vol'jin has been portrayed as someone respected among trolls since early Cata.

And what exactly was painful about book?

The Warchief should have been another Orc, preferably Saurfang or the half-Orc/half-Ogre Rexxar. I would have choose Rexxar, because that would be a great intro for Ogres joining up with the Horde.

Vol'jin was the better choice.

Lor'themar is a Blood Elf and that race is essentially what the Draenei are to the Alliance - Robin to Batman. They came in half way through the Horde's existence (Not the game's existence, the Horde's existence)

Baine is young and not fully equip to rule the entirety of the Horde. He still doesn't seem sure of himself.

No comment on Sylvanas or Gallywix, as if they had a chance.