Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naerg View Post
    I agree completely. Saw another video of him doing challenge modes with his guild and he was hurling abuse at his guildmates from about a minute into the video. I totally can't fathom why anyone would want to play with this guy. If he blows his lid to that extent in something trivial like a CM run, I can't imagine what he's like when they're pushing for world firsts.

I seriously feel sorry for the Blood Legion guys having to endure being in vent with this loser for hours and then probably only getting second place hc. Garosh.
    The situations is the following. Rigg got like 7 years of Marine experience, if you fuck up when you are down in the middle east, you are a gonner. You can not afford to do something wrong during those circumstances. Now, those 7 years of experience is still in his mind, so he is using the same attitude and discipline in the raids he is leading.

Fuck up irl and youre dead, fuck up ingame and you loose World First. Do any player in Blood legion play for world second or world third? No they don't they play for World First, as such Rigg as the raid leader can not allow any player to fuck up during his raids. Old habits die hard as they say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    He might be ignorant and seem like an angry person but look where he is. Leader of one of the top raid teams in the world, sponsored by multiple companies and likely being paid to play and getting free computer gear. He's arguably one of the most famous WoW players and couldn't give 2 shits if someone hates him. Do you honestly think any top world guild would be where they are today without some discipline? Just because most guilds don't stream their rage like Rigg does (because he doesn't care) doesn't mean they don't rage too.
    You go on about "look where he is" like it's something we all aspire to. We're hardly talking about a game like DOTA2 where these guys are coming away with million dollar prizes. I'd be massively surprised if sponsorship money for top wow guilds even comes close to minimum wage for the time they put in.

Even the celebrity element of world firsts is super low in WoW. 99% of players couldn't give two fucks who gets world firsts and probably haven't even heard of Blood Legion, let alone this joker. He's a big fish in a micro-pond that most people don't want to go in or care about what happens in. The fact that he got there by being a total asshat makes it all the more tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    He's acting like a child that needs to learn some leadership skills. What kind of response did the RL think he would elicit from the priest by acting like that? The priest reacted how the majority of people would, by going on the defense and shutting down any kind of open dialogue. Your point about his position as leading one of the top raid teams in the world makes his actions worse. I can only imagine a CEO of some large company acting like this. Totally unproductive and embarrassing.
    Good leaders are in part good because they know when to be harsh and when not to be harsh. It looked like a healer in a top raiding guild, was having some problems with some basic aspects of his game and was not being responsive or taking responsibility for his the failure of his job. I would be inclined to argue the harsh response by the guild leader was called for in this case.

Remember this is not a casual guild where fuck ups are totally the norm and shit happens to everyone. These guys are out for perfection and mistakes at the basic level are bad enough but trying to deflect those mistakes or not acknowledging them are a real problem at this level of raiding.

Secondary to the raid leaders credit, most raid leaders would have kicked the healer long before the video got where it was. He was damn harsh but rather then just kick the healer as a loser casual he stuck with him and and tried like hell to get the healer to listen to whatever his advice was going to be.
    Last edited by Wyattbw09; 2013-09-19 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    lolwut - are you human?
    I get people rooting for something in group, as it connects people. Rooting for something alone I never really understood. I never said people are idiots, but that's just how I see it.

I would have explained it better in dutch, but yea...kinda can't find the right words in english.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any average posts yet, even though most of you guys post were intelligent and well-written.

Good points, or why I understand the GL reacted this way:

• They are in a race for world first against extremely skilled players.
    • They receive money for doing this - they are practically being paid to achieve world first.
    • The pressure is unbearable, and emotional leaks are highly plausible, even more when the mistakes are easily avoidable.

Bad points, or why the GL shouldn't have done that:

• The general mood gets worse - there's a risk that the team might be more stressed in the coming few fights.
    • The targeted team member, if he doesn't have a thick skin, might have an even harder time to perform.
    • This behavior shows that the GL cannot control himself and is unstable - pressure can only make you so far with your behavior.

All in all, there's good or bad. Just a way to do it. Is it the right method? I believe there would've been other way to, but seeing where these guys are, I'd be tempted to say: "If they joined, they knew what they were getting into."

I can understand a raidleader trying to point out one's faults but this guy just keeps prating on even when the other guy already admitted his mistakes, there was no more mending it, he just wanted to rant on his ass, nothing constructive about it.

The biggest problem here I think was that Rigg was expecting Blood Legion quality players in what looks like a more casual 10man group. The priest couldn't connect the dots in time before his temper blew and I guess he's not really used to getting called out for poor play? They both let that escalate ridiculously quick and I don't know what he was expecting from the raid leader of the highest ranking guild in the US.

That's their environment. I personally find it quite funny, hell I find all forms of rage hilarious.

Hate to have a father like him...the damage he could do to kids.

Deleted
    That BL guy sure is clueless on the matter. Holy fire is an instant cast spell that leaves a dot on the boss for 7 seconds, the hot then heals through attonement, you can even see that it's last attonement ticks that heal the warlock since the healing stops before the player dies. Basically that means the priest casted Holy fire almost 7 seconds before the player dies. Yet he keeps going on about smiting which is a completely different spell, with a completely different mechanic. And then he goes on about how he plays with the best players in the world, but yet he is a completely clueless on the matter, but still claims he knows more?

The real question should have been who the priest was healing when the warlock died...
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-09-19 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I react in an unstable way because that helps.

Hell back when I was training people on Lady Vashj I had amazing meltdowns. Only way I could get people to stop being ADHD/distracted and focus on a fight was to go apeshit at them.

I always be sure to follow up with jokes and give a lot of positive reinforcement and compliments when things go well, though.

He's acting like a child that needs to learn some leadership skills. What kind of response did the RL think he would elicit from the priest by acting like that? The priest reacted how the majority of people would, by going on the defense and shutting down any kind of open dialogue. Your point about his position as leading one of the top raid teams in the world makes his actions worse. I can only imagine a CEO of some large company acting like this. Totally unproductive and embarrassing.
    If some dude was fucking with mine and everyone else's money because they can't take responsibility and then get all pissed when you call them out on it, damn right I'd be the biggest dick on the planet to them. Steve Jobs did it on a few occasions and Apple's still successful. While Rigg may not be on Steve's level, I'd say it still applies.

Ha ha. Rigg....>.< He usually has a point, but Riggnaros really needs to roll a healing alt, because he's pretty ignorant for a top raid leader when it comes to healing mechanics and class abilities. Also, someone not getting a heal for 10 seconds means jack shit if someone stands in crap and takes their hp from 100 to 0 in 1-2 gcds.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Isn't there a point where self respect comes into play and you say, "Fuck this I'm out go fuck yourself" and leave?
    You would hope so.

The only reason to follow Rigg is to watch him pop a blood vessel. He knows his shit when it comes to dk tanking though, I'll give him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Haha, it's hilarious how wrong he is about Atonement. Shit was so OP in ToT, and still is. You would think their healing lead would have said something. I thought these guys are supposed to understand how all the classes work when they build their comp.
    Atonement is usable on Normal Primordius. On Heroic Primordius, the buff on the boss reducing damage taken is 75% instead of 35% (normal/LFR). This means that until you get 5 stacks of fully mutated, you will suffer a 75% penalty on Atonement.

So at the end of the day Rigg wasn't completely understanding how Disc works, but neither was the Priest (you can use it to stack Evangelism IF your raid isn't dying, but Holy Fire will not actually do any significant heals on H-Primordius). Unfortunately Rigg also has very good priests in his guild that will actually let him know if the Priest in raid is right or wrong.

The Priest himself was clueless.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-09-19 at 09:17 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's acting like a child that needs to learn some leadership skills.
    Keep in mind, you're saying this about a RL for one of the most successful guilds in this game, in the world. You don't get to this point with bad leadership skills.

What kind of response did the RL think he would elicit from the priest by acting like that?
    I don't think he really cares what the priests response was going to be. The priest is just one person and I can guarantee you there's probably hundreds of priests lined up ready to fill that spot. I think the guy does not tolerate stupidity and bad play and he makes sure the standard of raiding is extremely high in his raid. That I can actually respect.

The priest reacted how the majority of people would, by going on the defense and shutting down any kind of open dialogue.
    It more so like sounded like a guy who got caught being bad and didn't have a leg to stand on.

Your point about his position as leading one of the top raid teams in the world makes his actions worse. I can only imagine a CEO of some large company acting like this. Totally unproductive and embarrassing.
    Comparing a RL in a video game to a CEO of a large company is a really stupid comparison.

The guy was right in what he did, but you can argue it was wrong how he went about it. If it's his raid though he can do what ever the fuck he wants, just like we can choose whether to put up with it.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-09-19 at 09:19 PM.

I used to raid with a leader like that. Never took him serious. Me and a couple real life friends would chat on skype while he would be raging about whatever bs over vent.. So we just made fun of people and ignored him.. It was good times..

Not knowing the class stuff is pretty bad for someone who is supposed to be a top-level raid leader. The fact that it's just some random guy in a nonprogression run makes this also pretty stupid.

People here, however, are taking it a step further and questioning whether this kind of attitude is appropriate for hardcore progression as well. You're pretty much delusional if you don't think this kind of stuff happens with some of the other top guilds, including Method. There are plenty of videos and streams to watch of everyone losing their shit at some point.

I'd also agree with one of the posts above me. No one sugarcoats shit when you fuck up in the real world in any job that demands high performance. You might say 'but this is just a video game,' and I'd respond saying that would make it doubly important not to cry over someone yelling at you in a video game and just deal with it. If they couldn't handle hardcore progression, they'd be doing Timeless Isle rare farming or something.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-09-19 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    I used to raid with a leader like that. Never took him serious. Me and a couple real life friends would chat on skype while he would be raging about whatever bs over vent.. So we just made fun of people and ignored him.. It was good times..
    In a casual environment that kind of reaction is almost never called for because everyone is making mistakes and everyone accepts everyone elses mistakes. I suspect is the healer had just manned up and said he fucked up and listened to whatever the guild leader had to say the whole thing would have been over and done with in a few seconds. Rather the healers says that he knows he sucks and in addition show no interest in learning how to get better.

Deleted
    i guess nice guys finish last, jerks finish second?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    In a casual environment that kind of reaction is almost never called for because everyone is making mistakes and everyone accepts everyone elses mistakes. I suspect is the healer had just manned up and said he fucked up and listened to whatever the guild leader had to say the whole thing would have been over and done with in a few seconds. Rather the healers says that he knows he sucks and in addition show no interest in learning how to get better.
    Yea, we were casual and the guy was totally overreacting..

hard to take a guy with a an animal on his head yelling at you seriously.