Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Quick question,
    Should I use Dps or Tank legendary cloak and why?
    Use both.

Use the dps one where you need the dps (e.g. your raid is not making the enrage). The proc is an AOE one, so it's nice for soloing and trash. It often seems to be about 5% of my dps.

Use the tank one where you need survivability. The tank one has a powerful "cheat death" proc which can save a wipe if you make an otherwise fatal mistake, like fail an interrupt. Of course, you will need quick healing after and it won't proc if the overkill is more than your max health.

Generally speaking, I would use the tank one on progression and the dps one in less challenging content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Use both.

Use the dps one where you need the dps (e.g. your raid is not making the enrage). The proc is an AOE one, so it's nice for soloing and trash. It often seems to be about 5% of my dps.

Use the tank one where you need survivability. The tank one has a powerful "cheat death" proc which can save a wipe if you make an otherwise fatal mistake, like fail an interrupt. Of course, you will need quick healing after and it won't proc if the overkill is more than your max health.

Generally speaking, I would use the tank one on progression and the dps one in less challenging content.
    Can you have both in your backpack at the same time? I thought you could only pick one of the two cloaks and that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Can you have both in your backpack at the same time? I thought you could only pick one of the two cloaks and that's it.
    in 5.2/5.3 you could only have one. With 5.4 you can have one of each (legendary too).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    in 5.2/5.3 you could only have one. With 5.4 you can have one of each (legendary too).
    Oh how great! Thank you and econ21 for the feedback!

Was wondering if anyone has put together a list of best talents and glyphs per each fight for SoO? Particularly I am wondering which fights are best to glyph or not glyph dp, and if any fights warrant taking hand of purity?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttypoolog View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has put together a list of best talents and glyphs per each fight for SoO? Particularly I am wondering which fights are best to glyph or not glyph dp, and if any fights warrant taking hand of purity?
    Purity might be somewhat useful on Iron Juggernaut (but with t16 2p I definitely wouldn't use it)
    And outside of Nazgrim I really can't see DP glyph being useful, well maybe Immerseus but eh... overall I feel like it's almost always a wasted glyph spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I haven't seen it being mentioned - You can BoP the Garrotes on the Fallen Protectors (HC) Fight. So Clemency would be good here if you wanna go this route.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Purity might be somewhat useful on Iron Juggernaut (but with t16 2p I definitely wouldn't use it)
    And outside of Nazgrim I really can't see DP glyph being useful, well maybe Immerseus but eh... overall I feel like it's almost always a wasted glyph spot.
    Huh? DP glyph for immerseus? I'd rather it unglyphed tbh Personally i feel the only fight it is a must, for me is garrosh, but that's only because of P1 - solo tanking boss + adds is quite insane at 545.

Well on immerseus HC you have all those adds that hit for quite a bit of damage.

Garrosh - meh I like being able to tank the WW with 4 stacks of the dot up and unglyphed dp works well for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I can see DP glyph being useful on Garrosh, the only thing that ever hit me hard on that fight were his melee auto attacks.

From the latest hotfixes:

Eternal Flame's heal-over-time effect is increased by 50% when used on the Paladin (down from 100%)

Uh oh!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Reduced the activation rate for caster and healer Legendary cloak effects for characters in a tanking specialization by 75%.
    And...that's why I didn't buy the healer or caster dps legendary cloaks.

That seems like a pretty ridiculous nerf. SS in front now? Haven't had time to check it in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    That seems like a pretty ridiculous nerf. SS in front now? Haven't had time to check it in a raid.
    25% should still keep it ahead of SS

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Seems to be on par/slightly ahead of SS still, with the 4p EF should still be a decent chunk ahead.

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I'm still kind of new to tanking as paladin, and i really need your advice!
    Yesterday i did flex and got retri gloves from galakras (from the satchel thingy), and as i saw crit on them i immediately stored them in my bank. But now as i've read a lot of the pages in this thread, and found out how important haste/hit/exp is, compared to dodge/parry, i figured the retri gloves might be better than the ones i have now! Especially since they have 2 yellow sockets!

Anyone mind checking my armory to see? You can see the gloves under recent activity!

http:/ /eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Neslo/simple (note the space in the link, i wasn't allowed to post it correctly).

Working hard to get as much hit/exp/haste as possible, though i used my burden on a prot token only to get shoulders with tons of dodge. Any kind of feedback appreciated as i'm still new to prot!

Thank you!
    Last edited by mmoc7a31f897db; 2013-09-24 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't do the maths right now because I'm way too hungover but as you said, the aim is to get as much haste as possible up until the cap whilst keeping hit cap and as much exp as you feel comfortable running with. It's simple as that. Doesn't matter what the other stats are, as long as it's a haste upgrade. Really that simple. If these gloves have crit on them or dodge or spirit then it does not matter in the slightest - get the one that gives you the most haste.

The whole Crit/Mastery thing comes into it when you hit the haste cap at which point you can get either Crit or Mastery as your next stat. Both are good, just depends which you want. Both are good for throughput, one is offensive the other defensive. I don't know about if there is a definitive winner now with the EF change and our set bonus.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    will I able to tank ToT 10 Normal with my current gear:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/Terasu/advanced

I've got a lot of prot gear - this was before I was told in this thread that ret gear is better in terms of stats because of the haste and mastery being superior to parry and dodge.

Self-buffed I sit around 547k but I'm not sure if I have enough haste/mastery.

I've been away from raiding for a long time hence why I have no gear and a lot or LFR/Timeless gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I can't do the maths right now because I'm way too hungover but as you said, the aim is to get as much haste as possible up until the cap whilst keeping hit cap and as much exp as you feel comfortable running with. It's simple as that. Doesn't matter what the other stats are, as long as it's a haste upgrade. Really that simple. If these gloves have crit on them or dodge or spirit then it does not matter in the slightest - get the one that gives you the most haste.

The whole Crit/Mastery thing comes into it when you hit the haste cap at which point you can get either Crit or Mastery as your next stat. Both are good, just depends which you want. Both are good for throughput, one is offensive the other defensive. I don't know about if there is a definitive winner now with the EF change and our set bonus.
    I see, thanks for your answer. Will gem them when i get home and see which piece gives the most haste :-)