Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, if any of them were in particular that elitist types, I think I'd have wanted to ask, with a smile in my voice, if they were trying to make up for something. They wanna ruffle someone's feathers, well lets see how well theirs get ruffled *evil grin* Really I prob couldn't get myself to do it, but I'd later wish I'd had...

Edit: (Just babbling, I mean adding random thoughts..) I know, I would be like "Da hell?? Yeah, and you sound like a DUCK!" Will either mutually offend or confuse enough to make someone stfu. :P lol They start raging I"ll just keep mocking "qwak qwak qwak." Spelled like that for extra mockery.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-10-08 at 08:39 AM.

This was maybe slightly sexist, but the main point is that they were just asses and you should just ignore them and move on.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Most players are completely rude and inconsiderate. you should have left the second they were being rude. Just ignore those types of people and keep on searching for friendly players. That's what I do now in searching for arena partners. I don't care what rating they've achieved the biggest thing is their experience and how friendly they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you have justification for a higher voice. Boys who haven't hit puberty yet are forced to undergo the (usual) laughter of others because of their high pitched voice xD

OP thats not sexism thats 13 year old boys

Deleted
    I've raided with many different girls few years (FL/DS) ago and they were, sorry to say, the worst players our raid (healing/dps). But we did not give them any bullsh*t because they were often other guild members' girlfriends / wifes. And I think females (good ones) need to prove themselves alot harder than guys... Plus girls I know personally from recent guilds were more like pet and achievement collectors, not Hc raiders or PvPers, wich sounds a stereotype (but true).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am female myself, but luckily in all the PUGs I've been in (achiev runs, heroic runs, RBGs), it has come to "the guys" as a surprise that I am a girl, but no one has really made any sexist remarks (leaving aside the of remark of a guildy, when I called him out, cause he was bad ^^) and enjoyed the way I lead my raids .

I've led and did some low rated RBG last expansion and no one had a gender issue with me.

I guess you just met some people with "attitude", I wouldn't have tolerated and just left as I know from personal experience that trying to prove someone's wrong will end up making you look like a bigger fool.

EDIT: I think that some men/boys act as jerks in multiplayer games, when a girl is in someone's team, cause they feel that it will be the end of a world, when a girl beats them or is better then them. Have been the only female for 4 years now on my friends LAN party and oh the laughs and cursing I hear from the guys when I kicked their butts ^^.
    Or they are too stuck in their stereotype idea of a women's place is in kitchen.

There is not much you can do about it unfortunately, but just move on and hope that next group/people are better.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-10-08 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    lol we're sooo much different. if it was me i would have *intentionally* sabotaged their game.
    Isn't leaving mid-bg just that?

Anyway, sabotaging is actually the most fun thing to do in those situations. I can't remember how many times I've intentionally screwed up tactics or pulled a boss just because the group are being assholes.

Like they once kicked my friend for no good reason in LFR DS on spine of deathwing. I patiently waited for the pull and then proceeded to kill all the tentacles. It's really funny to see the chat right before you leave group.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    I've raided with many different girls few years (FL/DS) ago and they were, sorry to say, the worst players our raid (healing/dps). But we did not give them any bullsh*t because they were often other guild members' girlfriends / wifes. And I think females (good ones) need to prove themselves alot harder than guys... Plus girls I know personally from recent guilds were more like pet and achievement collectors, not Hc raiders or PvPers, wich sounds a stereotype (but true).
    I've always had raid groups with at least 1 girl, but as far as I can remember, we never had to really carry them. they maybe weren't always as good as the rest, but they did what they were supposed to do, which is fine by me. No one ever said something about it either, though I'm pretty sure that if they did, Our raid leader would've kicked them.
    Last edited by mmoc8f46f67acf; 2013-10-08 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immy View Post
    This is the first pug rbg I've done
    people go apeshit sometimes.

next time just own up to not paying attention and leave it at that.

Buhu, people on the internet were mean towards you.

You aren't really helping yourself by complaining about it on a forum afterwards, sure, you might get some sympathy which is why you made this post, but in the end you should toughen up. There'll always be idiots on the internet.

If I was to make a post every time I encountered an idiot online, I'd have no time to actually play any games, I'd spend my time making whiny posts on mmo champ.
    No sentence can ever be compelte without a typo.

Those people should all be shot.

Deleted
    Girl, you need to grow a thicker skin. And I tell this to you as another female.

If harmless stuff like this manages to throws you off so much that you can't concentrate anymore and you're going to miss calls because of that, thus not being able to perform... you're quite in for something later in your life. Because these kind of jerks still exist outside of the game. They are very rare, but they still do exist. And you need to be able to handle/ignore it.

It's like back in kindergarten with guys like that. They put on a big show because of the girl. Some try to impress her, others get mean. Just do your thing (and be GOOD at it) and shut them up that way.

Deleted
    I'm sorry given your stated history this is the first time you've come across teenagers impressing their friends? You're a girl, it's not special to the majority of online gamers - Only those 13 - 16 year olds covet you, and this is their way of trying to show off.

Personally i've played with 6 girls previously, 4 of them failed a trial in my old guild and the other ended up leaving team 1 for the other more casual one - the final girl, in a group of 9 guys played as hard and as well that all of them respected (including me) her on the feats she accomplished as a player, not because she has tits and a slit.

My advice? Stop playing with kids, the majority of people who PUG outside guilds are just trying to do said activity the "minority" will be horny teens who'll pop at your voice and attack you trying impress the bunch of assclowns behind them.

To be honest, I find such behaviour to be normal. Males between 16-25 showing aggression towards females, especially in a situation where they face zero consequences, is an indication of suppressed sexual life which leads to pathogenic social behaviour. Some thing it is just funny, because of some twisted approach to being humorous as a result of being immature. Others find it as a chance to pretend being the alpha and others feel threatened by the antagonism. no matter what the reason is, it all comes down to inability to interact with the other sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwald View Post
    From my 10 years of mmo experience I can say that I don't have a problem with girl gamers in PUGs but in my guild I follow a strict "no females" policy. This is not because I dislike women or thing they are worse gamers but because I know their mere existence will disrupt the guilds social structure, through no fault of their own, but because some guys will no longer be able to act rationally with a girl in voice/guildchat.
    Wouldn't a strict 'no immature little shits without social skills' policy make more sense?

One of the pillars of our raid team is female and she is by far one of the best players I have had the honour to game with. Unfortunately, far too many of the pvp brigade come across as desperately insecure and in terrible need to prove something, probably because they are utterly bereft of any real accomplishments in life.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Once did a low level dungeon on an alt. I think I was playing a male worgen warrior at the time (deleted it not long after, I find warriors boring ) And my group was talking about gaming and at one point they started talking about how girls are bad at WoW. IIRC this was halfway through Cataclysm and I was raiding heroic Firelands at the time. Normally I don't want to engage in conversations about the sexes but for some reason I got annoyed by what they were saying and told them I am a girl and I raid HC Firelands and topp the meters quite often. They then said you must be a healer then, since you know all girls play healers. I said no, I am a DPS, I play feral (arguably a harder spec than some others). They shut their mouths pretty quickly, tho I'm not sure they believed me since you couldn't link cross character achievements at the time.

It's best to try and stay out of conversations like that, you don't gain anything from it. Haven't had it happen personally but I know a few female gamers that got harrassed after people found out they were female. There are also those that strengthen the stereotype (I can name a few of those... They frustrate me).

It's best to just play however you like and don't talk about what gender you are.

Deleted
    50% of all pvpers (well maybe all players) are immature fucks. Just find some more pugs and if they are gonna be all douchy just leave.

Girls can be great player, one of the best healers we have had in our guild was a girl. She was healing for us for about half a year until she went all dramaqueen and left

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming, like many aspects of the Western world, is a male dominated pass time.

Add to that lots of over-priveleged, slightly neurotic, ignorant young men/boys then (of course) racism, sexism and plain retardation are rife.

To be offended by random shit like this means you should grow thicker skin, as never will men and women be treated equal (not if people of different skin colours are treated differentley).

Mass multiculturism and equality of all types are skin-deep pipe dreams/myths our governments try and promote to stop us causing anarchy and civil war.

Deleted
    TBH what you should do is stalk out the guy who made the comments to you. and gank his ass. Only way to make them understand.

If you really want to wind him up, find another group and try and queue around when he does, and prey the RNG gods are on your side so you get to go against him.

Gaming is harder for females in general then it is for men. Sadly one of the only ways to even the playing field is to have friends to support you or to prove them wrong buy bringing your A game.

Im a bit guilty of a little sexism. Yet again, I have not personally seen any good female players. The closest Ive gotten is a ret paladin who does pull high numbers, but she tunnels so bad. It has caused many wipes on Durumu and other bosses where she actually has to pay attention to something other then dpsing. Now, just because I usually assume they are bad doesn't mean I go out of my way to be mean. I only start to get mad if they hinder the raid or PvP team. Even then I wont call them names. I also will acknowledge a good female player if I see one. Just personal experience has not been kind to me in showing me one that's good.

Those guys acting like that before seeing you in action is uncalled for. Why they felt the need to do that Idk. Id suggest doing what my brother does. Mess with the chat filter to change how you sound on skype. He does it to annoy me, but it could work to mask your voice.I would recommend trying to do RBG's with friends or guildies. People who know you. You'll have to talk in those PvP situations quite often, so it may be best for you to try with those you trust. If only just so you can have peace of mind and not fear them making assumptions about you based on your gender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Gaming is harder for females in general then it is for men.
    No? Its harder to be accepted as being good without proving yourself as a girl. Not harder to actually play well.