Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't be a moron and you won't get banned? This game needs more social consequences. Thumbs up to Tinymasher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Another gem from him

- - - Updated - - -

Yea if you read the thread the guy who makes oq refuses to say why people are banned he was asked "On what criteria do you place global bans?"
    his answer "my own".

Needless to say I never heard of a addon hard coding to ban you
    You do understand that with this many users, there will be a lot of nuts? They don't earn enough money from this that they can pay dedicated moderaters. What do they do? Quick, fast bans based on something they've done. There might be two sides of a coin, but if they get reports of toxic behaviour they can confirm quickly, why not just ban the player? If they contribute to a worse community in any way, they don't deserve to use the FREE software they provide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    You do understand that with this many users, there will be a lot of nuts? They don't earn enough money from this that they can pay dedicated moderaters. What do they do? Quick, fast bans based on something they've done. There might be two sides of a coin, but if they get reports of toxic behaviour they can confirm quickly, why not just ban the player? If they contribute to a worse community in any way, they don't deserve to use the FREE software they provide.
    All WoW addons have to be free.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post

he even said in his post. he confirms nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the ones that get banned are the ones that exploit to get around the ilvl and rating requirement.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    All WoW addons have to be free.
    100% but from some reason people seem to think he is doing something super great by making it free

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Wouldn't banning players violated rule 3 of the WoW UI Add On Policy?

While I can understand the reasoning, I don't like the concept. That an add on author restricts who can and can't use their add on directly through the code of that add on. While it may be acceptable in this case it should be allowed because of the potential for abuse and grief an author could cause to unsuspecting players. Let the community police it self.

Provide ways for people to ban the bad apples. Not to mention it is a little silly to hard code in someone when they can just comment out those lines and they won't be banned any longer. It is essentially a "I win you suck" statement from the author against those they don't like.

Not to mention the possible ToS and EULA violations that all addons have to comply with

Which naming and shaming in code can certainly be construed as.
    right what I was wondering also.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-10-20 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has asked for donations which is something that has been questioned.

The irony of all this is that if Blizzard decided to customize their UI through optional free addons that they created and all of this was in it, most of the same people stepping up to defend this would likely think it was the end of civilization.

Personally, the idea of a developer's personal global ban list in an addon bothers me a great deal. For all I know other addons may have their own version of the same thing although I've never heard about one before now. I don't use oQueue myself as I think that the known issues with it that have surfaced in past months outweigh the benefits.

Still, it's a reasonable thing to question and attempt to have a civil discussion about since it's something that could be subject to a great deal of abuse in the future, whether in oQueue or something else.

Mod voice:

Please do as I suggest above and discuss the issues surrounding this in a civil manner. As well, whatever your opinion of the original poster, he personally is not the subject of the thread and this sort of posting is subject to infraction or bans. If the only thing you have to say is about personalities then you will be off-topic. So let's stay on topic. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This entire thread can be summed up to don't like the addon don't use it. No body forced you to even know about OQ or use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    so this is a thread about bashing the creator of Oqueue for making his own rules for his free addon? i dont understand
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue

can't even download it

interesting

can't even download it

Why are you even bringing this back up again?

interesting

can't even download it
    Because I think the jist of it is he was asking for donations through the addon ingame and thats against the rules of addons I believe. So its under evaluation or something till the donation thing is removed? At least thats what I got out of the official forum thread about it.

I may very well be wrong so don't take it as gospel^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Why are you even bringing this back up again?
    I did not know you could not even download it. I was going down load it and take a screen shot so people could finally realize I am not banned from OQ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Because I think the jist of it is he was asking for donations through the addon ingame and thats against the rules of addons I believe. So its under evaluation or something till the donation thing is removed? At least thats what I got out of the official forum thread about it.

I may very well be wrong so don't take it as gospel^

ah anywhere else to get it at?

I did not know you could not even download it. I was going down load it and take a screen shot so people could finally realize I am not banned from OQ

- - - Updated - - -

ah anywhere else to get it at?
    Really cause the thread in your OP talked about this....

I wasn't really going to post beacause it has already been said... But I really need to repeat this to you:

His mod, his rules. Deal with it.
    Member of the "I'm happy with no flying" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildeer View Post
    I wasn't really going to post beacause it has already been said... But I really need to repeat this to you:

Blizzards addon policy might disagrees

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.
    5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.
    7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA.

Why is this a big deal? That guy made the addon, he can do what he wants with it. That includes banning losers from using it that he doesnt want to use it.

I know if I created something that a lot of people loved to use because it helped them out so much, I wouldn't want asshats that I don't like being able to benefit from my work.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildeer View Post
    Not quite. It's Blizzard's rules at the end of the day. A lot of the discussion is about whether or not Blizzard's rules address this specific thing in addons. If they don't now, I suspect that they soon may one way or another.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted

3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.

its not breaking any of those rules

unless it says somewhere that banning people from an addon is against the rules, its not breaking them.

Oqueue is a good addon, but the creator is a douche, hes posted on these forums a bit, hes pretty aggressive to any feedback people have about the addon.

it arguably breaking the first rule to ban people, but thats debatable.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-10-20 at 07:05 PM.

I find it amusing that banning people for being douchebags from his addon because he can gets you so riled up....

When I could queue up as a tank for a 5 man right now, pick any member of the group, and as soon as that kick timer is activated, I can initiate a votekick for someone "eating babies" and it would go through. No reason, just because I want to. And that's perfectly acceptable. But this guy bans, what 9 people? who are being douchebags and it's not okay...