Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just cant stand coming home and be with 9 / 24 other people in voice chat while I can't go do other things without having a raid break.

I dont mind being in voice chat with a good friend (i'm always in voice chat with my best friend) but with so many other people it just sucks.

And I just get bored of raiding after a couple of weeks. Cleared 13 / 14 flex with our guild, but now I just can't be bothered with it anymore because I just don't consider it fun to be with them in voice chat even though I some of them are very nice people.

I have severe social anxiety. (Like, seriously. I'm medicated for it, and it's a daily, horrible struggle.) But it's okay! I quit a few weeks before 5.4 anyways, shortly after the only two friends I had playing WoW still had also left the game after a long time assumption we would wind up doing arena and scenarios and whatnot, only to have them sort of just stop playing :x

I've always wanted to, though, I just found everyone I encountered that may of led to that possibility extremely offputting, and never tried because of that.

Look at several people in these forums as is, like that judgementofantonidas fellow. I mean, I know he doesn't represent raiding as a whole, but the general thought of it puts me into a panic attack mode and makes me want to throw the game out of a window. I know there's good people out there that wouldn't make my life a living hell, I just rarely ever saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Simple Thread - Why don't you raid the harder difficulties?

Recently, a point has been raised that the most casual form of raiding (LFR) takes the longest to complete when compared against flexible and normal. A structured group can clear the other easier difficulties in a much quicker time frame reaping far greater rewards.

So, why don't you partake in structured raiding?

Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large?
    Are you not interested in the harder difficulties in a game?
    Can you not find other players to raid with?
    Are you afraid of, or personally not good enough to participate in the harder difficulties?
    Do the rewards, and the prospect of a stronger character not interest you?

This thread may not be applicable to you, but feel free to discuss.
    I actually do run Flex, but not as much as LFR (and of course Flex was only recently introduced).

Reasons for running LFR instead of joining a guild: I can't commit to a set time that I will sit down at my computer (due to kids), nor can I guarantee that I won't get pulled away from the computer at some point during the raid. No decent guild would take an applicant like that as a serious addition to their raid group.

If I had my way and life dovetailed neatly into my WoW schedule, I'd be apping to raid guilds immediately. But it's not fair to them and a waste of my time to even bother, due to attendance and reliability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Then why on earth are you playing an MMO ?
    Considering WoW is able to be played, essentially, in MMO terms, solo, up till you decide to do Flex raiding or anything higher, I don't see the problem :x

Infact, WoW's whole thing when it was new, at least for me, was that you could solo level. Something fairly unheard of at the time. That was majorly appealing. I like having a "World", rather than strictly the whole social thing. Meaning I COULD interact with people, or I could see other people interacting with others, and so on. I think for a lot of people, that's really appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

I did it for 4 expansions and I have had enough of it.

I could, but I am not ever going to tell another person, "Oh I can't, I have a raid coming up".

Nope, not really. I don't personally care to bother with it anymore.

I probably could, but then again I don't really want to.
    Are you afraid of, or personally not good enough to participate in the harder difficulties?
    nope, used to do it and don't ever want to do it again.
    Stronger character for what exactly? I do not give a shit about Ilvl, some of the mounts would be cool I suppose but I don't really care about those either. I play the game to play the game. Raiding used to be a huge part of my in game time and personally I'm sick of it. I raided in Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and the first 2 tiers of CATA. During that time I am constantly forced to wait on the same inconsiderate assholes weekly who think they are much better than they are, cause drama every time someone else gets a piece of gear they do not have, and make my in game time miserable. No, I was nice for a long time, and now I'm enjoying not having to deal with all that bullshit and still being able to see some raid content. I have no interest in having to raid in that setting ever again.

I haven't done it these last years because the pve on the horde-side on my realm is very dead sadly. There are a few 10-man guilds with closed recruiting doing stuff, but apart from that it's pretty dead. I would love to get back into a raiding-guild and raid more serious content, but right now I'm just playing casually while waiting for guilds to expand or new guilds to form on the server.

Potentially I could do this in Openraid or oQueue, but people generally have very high demands in terms of itlvl, which sucks when you're an LFR-geared player who actually knows how to play.

Also, I would consider migration/faction change, but I have 7-8 characters on this server and have built a small home there. I would have to win money on the lottery to afford moving them all.

Don't understand this myth that joining a raiding guild means you're raiding 15+ hours a week.
    I've recently set-up a raiding team in a guild with a bunch of guys I had fun playing with through Flex/PuGs on the realm. We get on well, it's a good atmosphere, we're not elitist and we have fun with plenty of banter.

The best part? We raid maybe 6-7 hours a week. Got to love Blizz for reducing the amount of pointless trash in raids. It gives us enough time to clear bosses we're capable of, and 2nd raid we can use to wipe/progress

The schedule mostly and 90 percent of the time agaisnt my will the raid guild eventually disbands, tbh there is little to no loyalty or making friends in raid guilds sometimes, it's strictly business and numbers, thats just my experience of it though.

As a normal/heroic raider, I can understand the niche LFR fills and why people can't be bothered to raid normal heroic.
    Our guild is pretty conservative compared to some progression oriented guilds out there - we raid 14 hours a week (basically 4 nights at 3.5 hours per night). That along with the time to farm valor/mats/gold/rep/whatever and most of your free time is spent.
    Looking at the time sink that I have and understanding other guild have even more, you can see right off this isn't for everyone.

So the biggest reasons are

schedule - committing certain nights to raiding
    time - raid time plus prep time plus boss study time
    cost - although I didn't mention it, during progression we drained the guild bank for repairs and now it is raider responsibility to provide their own repairs.

As it stands, I think this is the end of my raiding career. Going to finish up this expansion with it and then probably move to LFR only (Yes at this point even Flex might be more of a commitment then I am looking for going forward)

My biggest reason is that there really isn't enough people on my server for me to actually be able to raid outside of LFR, : /.

That and they aren't exactly skilled enough to do Heroic content when it's applicable to the current tier of gear...

As i did play harder difficulty's back when i played, I feel like i could give some input from a RL mate of mine who started playing but unsubbed again after doing LFR back in Cata. I asked him why he did not raid normal or heroic, and his answer was simply: "I have already beaten the game, why do it again?".
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2013-10-24 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    The schedule mostly and 90 percent of the time agaisnt my will the raid guild eventually disbands, tbh there is little to no loyalty or making friends in raid guilds sometimes, it's strictly business and numbers, thats just my experience of it though.
    This one hits me in the feels.

They do indeed eventually collapse underneath you. A group of raiders can often be your friends as much as they are your enemies. Constantly watching each others performance, and loot gained for example.

The lack of team spirit has vanished, and we are here to raid and do "business".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    This is pretty much the only reason. I can't be arsed to be committed to any form of shedule. I don't care if the commitment might only be one raid a weekend, it's still something I'm not willing to do.

Don't get me wrong. You'll find me playing PC games for perhaps 100+ hours on average / week. But WoW isn't part of it. I just don't like the idea of a video game being able to tie down my time. I like freedom and raiding in WoW interferes too much with it and offers no challenging progress or even fun progress paths for people who just want to play when -they- feel like it.

Good point raised - There is no content that requires solo or small group play that is a progression path. We've had a taste with the warlock green fire, but the reward was aesthetic and doesn't relate to character power.

You could argue challenge modes for small challenging group content, but that doesn't reward character power either.

The games missing a niche here for a proportion of players.

Honestly, my problem is I can't find a guild that sticks to a consistent schedule and actually has a team. BTW anyone looking for a healer/mdps for a raid group on Durotan-US?

time and drama

essentially, i don't have the time to put into researching, strategising, practicing, gearing or farming, before we even get to loot drama, guild management or otherwise.

i used to do heroic modes in wotlk, i used to raid 5-7 nights a week, i used to farm my ass off, i used to spend 8 hours a day working my real job, then another 8-10 hours a day working my virtual job as guild leader/raid leader - i then grew up, real life took over and nowadays i play for fun, my guild virtually disbanded throughout cata, but we've just re-banded to run some casual flex raids once a week in a calm, relaxed, friendly, grownup manner.

i'm not 24 any more, i'm 32 and feeling a lot older than i should be.
    <insert witty signature here>

I raid on my main, but I only do LFR on my alts, I much prefer not having the stress of leading a raid or being a significant role within it, all my toons are dps currently, and I spend my time in queue just farming random junk, trade goods, etc.

Simple Thread - Why don't you raid the harder difficulties?

Recently, a point has been raised that the most casual form of raiding (LFR) takes the longest to complete when compared against flexible and normal. A structured group can clear the other easier difficulties in a much quicker time frame reaping far greater rewards.

This thread may not be applicable to you, but feel free to discuss.
    Scheduling is the main issue. Back when I did hardcore raiding, the game decides when I play it, not when I decide to play the game. And it wasn't just one or two days out of the week, as I've tried bowling league and basketball league and neither felt overwhelming. With LFR, I just jump in whenever I have the time to play, rather than making the time.

Interested in harder difficulties? Of course; nothing will top the feeling of defeating Ragnaros with my group of 40 (a collaboration of three guilds).

Finding other players to raid with isn't hard, just need to join a guild. Scheduling doesn't allow commitment to "raiding guilds" though.

I may not be good enough for high-ranked guilds that compete for kill time, but I can definitely fit in some guilds that just kill bosses and don't care for when.

Who wouldn't want stronger characters, but what we want isn't always attainable. If it was, we'd all be billionaires.

I quit hardcore raiding after clearing Black Temple, and cleared Sunwell as almost a carry. After Sunwell I completely stopped raiding and just played casually, but quit the game completely during Cataclysm after missing out so much. I never would've played again if it wasn't for LFR. Flex with the addition of oQueue makes the game even more fun now.

Deleted
    Because I'm awful at the game

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already have a full time job which depending on the time of year keeps me occupied for 40-60 hours a week. Taking on a part time job (10-15 hours a week) to raid doesn't really fit very well into my schedule. Back in wrath when i raided I was still in school and therefore had a lot more free time. I might be able to raid for 10 hours, even during busy season and continue to go to the gym 4-5 times a week if the guild is only interested in normal content. However, back in wrath I would always get incredibly frustrated with raid members who aren't able to learn quickly. If I were to raid I would need to be assured my time wouldn't be wasted and everyone needs to be a high performer.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Time constraints
    2. Not finding the "right" guild/people
    3. I hate the drama that eventually will surface in a guild.

I don't expect the best rewards with little time invested, so what I can get from LFR is for the moment enough for me. That might change in the future, I don't know.

My guild's raid team fell apart in 5.2, in part because of the Great Wall of Horridon, but mainly because only the raid leader was able to raid on the times the raid leader insisted on. Up until then, I raided in normal progression raiding from Ulduar onward. My guild is currently in the same mess because the raid leader can now only raid one day a week and is more worried about keeping another guild we run flex with happy.

I am currently running flex in oQueue and Open Raid and looking for a new guild to call home, because that's just gotten silly.