Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    In other ties between The Infinite Flight and Pandaria, look at the colors of the infinite. They look a an awful lot like a specific group of baddies we just killed. I wiSHA I could put my finger on which.
    I've been pointing this out since the sha were first revealed at Blizzcon. But I just got laughed at, and told No

I still refuse to give up on the idea though!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    I've been pointing this out since the sha were first revealed at Blizzcon. But I just got laughed at, and told No
    Well it's more that it would be pretty cheesy to have so many things come from Yshaarj since that's where the Sha come from. I think it's purely coincidence stemming from psychological stigma that black swirlies = evil being.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's completely necessary at this point, we're dangerously close to just recycling old lore over and over as it is.
    I completely agree EXCEPT...we're beyond necessary for some originality. The lore is really stale, mostly in the aspect of the "motives" for the big expansion baddy...WE GET IT! OLD GODS!

It's like every major baddy is not responsible for their actions because once they came to power, their mind became weak and susceptible to the old gods or legion whispers who sometimes give them a talking weapon. Like every murderer tries for an insanity plea. Which I HOPE they aren't going for with Jania and Sylvanis.

It's like everyone in Azeroth and beyond are happy happy joy joy people with sun beam shooting out of their ass until the mean old musty old gods come and make them think unhappy thoughts..like some trippy episode of Rainbow bright. Changing Old God to Sha then just saying "Screw it! Old gods again!" doesn't cut it..it's just really old and VERY predictable.

on another note..

I remember the quote that MoP was the calm before the storm and something about it ramping up the conflict between the horde and alliance..but the end cinematic they come to an uneasy peace treaty?

As far as time travel..why the hell not? It's not like they can damage the lore anymore than the retcons, contradictions and massive plot holes haven't done already.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    It's like every major baddy is not responsible for their actions because once they came to power, their mind became weak and susceptible to the old gods or legion whispers who sometimes give them a talking weapon.
    Garrosh did not do this. He wasn't corrupted or manipulated. He obtained an artifact of power to use of willing and malicious intent. So...while it has been the case with the last 2 xpacs, it's not the status quo.

Vanilla - Cthun, KThezad all evil of their own accord
    TBC - Illidan, Archimonde, KJ all evil or misunderstood of their own accord
    WotLK - Arthas, corrupted but this happened before WoW's time
    Cata - Deathwing, corrupted before WoW's time
    MoP - Garrosh, evil on his own accord

So far I have the totals at 3-2 in favor of regular bad guys, with both corrupted villains being formed prior to WoW's creation. That lore was made over a decade ago.
    BAD WOLF

ex headquarter of Blizzard Asia posted a "12 Spacesuit" pointing out of this Leak.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    ex headquarter of Blizzard Asia posted a "12 Spacesuit" pointing out of this Leak.
    I'm sorry, but through the broken english and cryptic one-liners nobody has any idea what you are saying or trying to say. Posting a random image of some space suits makes the whole thing look even more like gibberish.

This "leak" looks like nothing more than a collection of random words. If you cannot translate it fully and make some sense, please don't bother at all because it literally means nothing.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-10-27 at 12:05 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm sorry, but through the broken english and cryptic one-liners nobody has any idea what you are saying or trying to say. Posting a random image of some space suits makes the whole thing look even more like gibberish.

This "leak" looks like nothing more than a collection of random words. If you cannot translate it fully and make some sense, please don't bother at all because it literally means nothing.
    I'm still convinced this person was also that new account yesterday and is, in fact, the "leaker" who's perpetrating an elaborate hoax using this chinese site based on ideas we've floated on these forums.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Something to do with 12 classes and technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Pandaria was quite "original" in comparison to existing Warcraft stories/settings/tropes. Sure, it was derivative from "Omg Fighting Pandas and other Chinese Mythos!" but from a Warcraft standpoint, it was fairly fresh. And a lot of folks hated it.

A lot of folks loved it, too, so it's a toss-up.

I'm thinking we'll get another "filler" expansion this time around, like Cataclysm. Fewer new zones, less original content (lots of recycling). They could do a Time Travel theme and pull this off easily. They'll re-use storylines and put a slight twist on them, re-use zones or art assets, etc., and it will buy their team time to create more original content for a future expansion (making that one on par with Wrath or Pandaria in terms of richness and newness).
    There was nothing original about pandaria. Mantid are Qiraji/Nerubian extensions, sha is another form of saying "Old God stuff", Trolls were inevitably linked with everything that happened there and inevitably, a bunch of them swear allegiance to a new symbol of power, the Thunder King, Horde and Alliance fought over stuff, and most of the pandaren lore itself was heavily and shamefully copied from Chinese folklore and history (not even Asian influenced, almost 100% Chinese influenced mind you).

And while people will inevitably shout out their only example of "but Tauuuuuureeennnn were copied from Native Ameeeeeriiiiicaaaaaaannnsss", Tauren's original introduction in Warcraft 3 had almost nothing to do with NA except for their totems, which they used in a completely different manner than NA, i.e. as weapons.

When Mormolyce asked for originality, I think he was referring to stuff like Ulduar.

So I guess this leaked info is true。
    Those numbers and WoD trademark make sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Pandaria was (quote from someone, greg perhaps) supposed to be the: "Calm before the storm." I doubt they'll make a "filler" expansion (filler in the sense of lore like pandaria was). Also you have to keep in mind their development team is substantially larger than before.
    It was the opening ceremony of the BlizzCon where MoP was revealed. The "Calm before the Storm" refered to the MoP trailer during that ceremony. The storm was what came after. It's already over.

Wow this crazy stuff might actually be legit, Turalyon, Alleria, and Gul'dan would be huge characters in an expansion about traveling to past Draenor, and the stat squish becoming canon would make sense in a time traveling expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Wow this crazy stuff might actually be legit, Turalyon, Alleria, and Gul'dan would be huge characters in an expansion about traveling to past Draenor, and the stat squish becoming canon would make sense in a time traveling expansion.
    well, technically, stats on gear isn't canon. Or else, a Panda villager in Jade Forest would actually give you an sword that is 40 times stronger than the Twin Blades of Azzinoth, combined.

I don't mind the squish, but it can't be canon lol

Deleted
    10.22 update

Subject of this X is: Father and Son.

10.21 update

Even there's no blood relationship, the fetters are more strongly than there have.

10.20 update

Even there have blood relationship, the incompatible destined a bad romance.

10.19 update

They, the young. What's their choice when they get a overwhelming power one day?

10.18 update

Among those fetters and bad romances, the world is shattering into pieces by "the young" suddenly get power.

'10.31' update

Due to s/he is not exist in "the original" history. S/he killed him/her in that time, to do the right thing.
    All this seems to hint to conflict between Grom and Garrosh
    10.29 update

A Maincity-class Dungeon finally becomes a true Maincity.
    Someone said it's going to be Black temple, or perhaps Tempest Keep?

10.31 update

A classic Maincity becomes Raid Dungeon.
    Maybe Exodar?

The Red Names becomes Yellow, Green Names drop gears. The end of time is what its starts, Medivh shows to give you Dailies.
    The colour names could refer to the colour of the orcs?

I'm fairly certain the colors refer to hostility.

Green = Friendly, Yellow = Neutral, Red = Hostile
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Deleted
    Black Temple, now that would be something.

Exodar is NOT a classic main coty.

And yeah, it clearly refers to hostility. Someone / something that was hostile now is neutral, and so on.

It is going to be time travel. We are about to hit a big milestone for Warcraft. What better fan service for Warcraft fans than saying "Hey remember how you guys spammed us with dungeon requests when Caverns of Time provided old game interaction? BAM! It just got real!"
    Allowing players to interact with and battle old characters like Grom, Gul'dan, pre-corruption Cho'gol, Turalyon, Alleria, Lothar and so on would be great.
    I would love to be one of the few heroes that were present at the fall of Stormwind in Warcraft 1, and the Alliance sealing of the Dark Portal at the end of Warcraft 2 the Dark Portal expansion.
    These are just my thoughts for justifying this being a time travel expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post

And yeah, it clearly refers to hostility. Someone / something that was hostile now is neutral, and so on.
    Patch 6.4: Siege of Stormwind!

Jaina goes crazy with time control powers!

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    And while people will inevitably shout out their only example of "but Tauuuuuureeennnn were copied from Native Ameeeeeriiiiicaaaaaaannnsss", Tauren's original introduction in Warcraft 3 had almost nothing to do with NA except for their totems, which they used in a completely different manner than NA, i.e. as weapons.
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowp...-lore-full.jpg

this picture gives a general view on how Tauren were supposed to be when they were introduced in Warcraft 3, now tell me, isn't this stuff at least similiar to native american culture?

I mean the "smoke signs" pretty much seal the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post

I believe that would be the Burning Legion or some subsidiary (Shadow Council), as we may be aiding them this expansion.