Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No Horde Dwarves.

The only races I like on the Horde are Tauren and Trolls, and none of them have a Nordic vibe to them, so I usually stay Alliance. Hoping Blizzcon gives me a good reason to roll Horde though!

vrykul would do it

Since mid-Wrath, we switched to Horde. Played Blood Elf for most of it, then went Tauren. While the restart was a nice change of pace, I'm glad when my guild booted for bullshit reason, I went back to the Alliance. Dunno, I don't really care for the Horde race/story. Alliance has always been my favorite. Course, could be influenced by the fact I started WoW with Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually played ALL of pre-BC as Horde and 1/2 of BC as Horde before I made the switch with my main(s). While I have a few level 50-85's on Horde, I play 99.5% of the time on Alliance. One of the largest reasons for me is aesthetics! I LOVE the Alliance cities and atmosphere and I HATE Goblins with a passion.

When they first came out I was like SWEET! GOBLINS!...then I played one. Disgusting starting area, crappy emotes/voices and like the worst lore ever, IMO. And lets be honest here, Orgrimmar is just a cluster of chaos and blandness.

The one thing I LOVE about Horde though, are Trolls. Gotta dig dem Trolls mon! =)
    "Happiness is finding two olives in your martini when you’re hungry." ~Frank Sinatra

I used to play horde but at some point i realized i dont much care for any of the races

I used to play Alliance, but now play Horde. My reason for not playing Horde for 5+ years is because of Blood Elves.

I hate them, despise them, and everybody wants to play them. On some realms they have a population of players greater than Orc, Troll and Tauren combined. On RP servers they account for like 50-60% of the entire population, which is a lot for 1 of 6 possible playable races.

Everybody's RP story for their BE is the exact freakin' same its ridiculous. "errr vengenance on Arthus also might be San'layn grrr secretely longlost lover of Kael'thas wow"

And Blood Elf Hunter? BLOOD ELF FREAKING HUNTER? You're on the faction that has 3 of the best Hunter races (Orc, Troll, Undead) and you chose BE? My blood just BOILS at the thought that so many people would rather gimp themselves or outright SHUN the other Horde races because "they're ugly, I'm pretty"

Anyways it bothers me less, and I have to play on Mal'Ganis and exclusively Mal'Ganis, which has the lowest BE population of all U.S. servers, just to play a Horde character

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I don't play Horde for several reasons, but that can essentially be broken down to two categories.

1, Belfs. I hate Belfs and anything related to Belfs, and they piss me off. People who are huge Belfs fans piss me off, Belf females are an eyesore.

2, The Horde player base. The obnoxious over the top fanboism, the dickwad jerk like behavior that seems to be so widespread among Horde players nowadays.
    Shockingly, both of those things arrived to the Horde with the intro of Burning Crusade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally I chose a human paladin, b/c I assumed that alliance were the good guys. Later on I learned that at the time (wotlk) that the horde wasn't necessarily evil, they were just more tribal and slightly savage. They claimed honor and some other stuff, so I accepted it. As cata rolled around their warchief who is in charge of everything the horde does just got more and more barbaric/war mongering. The forsaken's use of dishonorable chemical weapons use on their enemies and their warchief tolerating it made things a lot worse. The warchief also tolerating the use of necromantic magic to raise dead corpses in forsaken makes them just as bad as The Lich King as far as I'm concerned. I don't think all forsaken should be exterminated but I'm against the use of any kind of necromantic magic regardless of the reason. I also don't like the orc's excuses that they have the right to move in on other races ancestral homelands (night elves - ashenvale) just b/c they want to harvest nearby lumber rather than trade for it (animal skins and ore) like civilized beings. Their leader decided to settle in a desert area and they should live with the consequences and not scapegoat them onto their neighbors. The horde's actions based on the warchief in MoP sealed the deal that I would never switched sides. (On another note I hate that Varian Wryn is in charge of the entire alliance. Being a commander of military issues is fine, but deciding everything that the alliance does is way too metzen. The alliance needs to go back to generals in charge of the military and each race in charge of it's own decisions.)

Also I'm a male paladin and likely always will be, so my only horde options are blood elves which are way too femenine (which is not acceptable to represent myself in an avatar) and tauren. (are the only horde race that I greatly respect) I just don't like their male animations very much. Recently I've taking a liking to female tauren animations so, who knows maybe I can compromise on the female thing. Horde ethics as a whole (not just the leaders of a race) would have to change a lot first though.
    Last edited by jmac28083; 2013-11-01 at 07:36 PM.

All their characters are either ugly or deformed. Since I RP a lot, I mostly play male toons because I'm a dude, so:

Orcs - hunchbacks of Notre Dame
    Tauren - have no neck. What is up with that?
    Trolls - have scoliosis
    Goblins - butt ugly with doofy faces
    Undead - slouch, much like the WoW player base. Also, missing armor. Who thought this was a good idea?
    Belves - too scrawny and animu. Looks unrealistic.
    Pandaren - fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    belf > nelf
    Hm, now which of those two can be paladins? Maybe I should change my forum name to DraeneiPaladinTank to cut down on confusion even further...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Because my guild is alliance

I don't have the character slots free. If they had given us 50 slots like they were considering before Mists, or change their mind, I probably will roll a couple of alts. (My realm's high pop, so unlikely to get connected.)

Started out as Alliance because my friends were all Alliance. (I actually probably would have gone Horde were it not for them, though-- I rather like Tauren.)

Granted, 80% of my play time anymore is roleplaying, and most of THAT is with my guild.
    Last edited by Dawnshadow; 2013-11-02 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I main'd horde since.. BC.
    I had one alliance toon that I made in WoTLK with my now husband.

When I took a break in MoP and came back all my friends were on the alliance side for some unknown reason.
    So I made my main toon the one Alliance toon, and now I have six alliance 90s.

I miss the horde though... I have like eight lvl 85+ that need to be leveled.

I have a lv 85 Goblin but I've never played it much. I could never play Horde as my main faction because I'd feel like a bad guy - I REALLY can't stand Sylvanas and how what she did in Southshore was tolerated and she's basically become what she hated (Arthas). I had to avoid all areas with Undead quests because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I have a lv 85 Goblin but I've never played it much. I could never play Horde as my main faction because I'd feel like a bad guy - I REALLY can't stand Sylvanas and how what she did in Southshore was tolerated and she's basically become what she hated (Arthas). I had to avoid all areas with Undead quests because of that.
    Even though shes evil and bad, I personally LOVE Sylvanas.

I guess I've always been that person who liked bad guys, I mean seriously, Angelica from Rugrats and Sarah from Land Before Time were my favorite cartoon characters xD LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCorpse View Post
    Even though shes evil and bad, I personally LOVE Sylvanas.

I guess I've always been that person who liked bad guys, I mean seriously, Angelica from Rugrats and Sarah from Land Before Time were my favorite cartoon characters xD LOL!
    Ha, I think she'd make a cool enough villain I just don't want to play on her side. :-P

Deleted
    My friends are alliance.. I want to play horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Ha, I think she'd make a cool enough villain I just don't want to play on her side. :-P
    I understand.

Ugly characters, ugly buildings, bizarre persecution complex, obnoxious brofist fanboy culture, constant cocksucking from the devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizgar View Post
    obnoxious brofist fanboy culture, constant cocksucking from the devs.
    This 2 being the most important for me. If you want to know what i mean, visit a place like the subreddit for WoW.
    Halloween for this year, a guy uploads a poor version of a horde symbol carved into a pumpkin. Upvoted to the sky. Another guy posts an amazingly well done carving of an alliance symbol. Downvoted and lots of comments like "/spit", "FOR THE HORDE! ALLIANCE SCUM"

Last year people were upvoting a guy that destroyed an alliance pumpkin carved by some kid,the thread contained highly upvoted comments like "Lok'tar ogar!", "For the Horde", "He deserved it, he became flagged for pvp irl"

Also, tons of horror stories about people with alliance decals on their cars.

I know you cant judge the whole population for some bad apples, but man, the horde has a lot more bad apples than the alliance
    Last edited by Antherios; 2013-11-02 at 04:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since Classic on a old, formerly heavy horde leaning server, Dunemaul- US . Still horde heavy. Anywho, been playing in the Warcraft universe since Warcraft II and played Warcraft III ALOT. My main faction I played in multiplayer was Human Alliance, and have always played Palidans in a lot of RP's, RPG's ,etc. I tried leveling alt's horde side since at least BC since I had some friends that played Horde, but the majority of my friends played Alliance.

Also I liked how the majority of Alliance races look, move and I find their storylines and quests to be more interesting. The cities aren't such a eyesore, and actually make sense in the layout.

I have 8 Alliance 90's and 1 Horde 90(I cheated on the horde since I needed room for a monk on my main server so I faction transferred my Worgen Lock to a Belf Lock).

My experience so far in playing both sides is seems that I find more immature, annoying, griefer's horde side than Alliance.
    -Dunemaul~US~Alliance-~ Society of Benevolence~-Warder~90 Fury/Prot Warrior-Grizwiz~90 Feral/Guardian Druid-Keenedge~90 MM/Surv Hunter-Garyu~90 Unholy/Blood DK-Jacenorcbane~90 Holy/Ret Palidan-Kablaa~90 Fire/Frost Mage-Spearsister~90 Enhance/Resto Shaman-Illidan~US~Horde-Unleash the Dragon~Malphia ~90 Demo/Destro Warlock

Found in my experiences a lot more inmature people on the Horde. Then also surrounding the Horde like the last Blizzcon the two dudes that were harassing the one alliance cosplayer. Plenty of other personal experiences involving..vocal..individuals.

Also in the PvPs, the random bg chat turns vicious and elitist a LOT quicker then Alliance.

Plus to many BEs and Pandas when I can have NEs, Pandas, and Dwarves ^_^