Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 3 f2p alternative, a good one?

Hey all am looking for some f2p d3-clone game to kill some time.

Needs to be simple (no wtf skills/stats like PoE -_-)

Go!

Well, PoE is the best one.

There's Marvel Heros. But It's sort of bad imo. You can still try it out and see if you enjoy it.

Path of exile is the best one by far.

no wtf skills/stats like PoE
    So you want an RPG without the core features of an RPG? ( character customisation )

Deleted
    What are you expecting to find? some unheard of gem that's not only better than D3 but PoE? get yourself Torchlight 2 its currently on sale for £5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan Quest is the best. It's not F2P though (I guess), but it's more fun than D2 or D3, in gameplay, lore and, especially, skill trees.

Path of Exile is like, your only real option, unless you want something bad, like marvel heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Titan Quest is the best. It's not F2P though (I guess), but it's more fun than D2 or D3, in gameplay, lore and, especially, skill trees.
    This, if you don't mind playing single player, Titan Quest is awesome and while not F2P, it's rather cheap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Path of exile is the best one by far.

So you want an RPG without the core features of an RPG? ( character customisation )
    Diablo 3 is hardly an RPG, unless you count playing a character with barely any personality role-playing. Hack and slash all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Path of Exile for a while earlier this year. Was pretty awesome. The talent tree is absolutely fucking enormous so there's TONS of options. I just hated that you couldn't do a full respec and I'm a hoarder so I hate the small spaces you get for storage, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Divinity is a good Diablo style RPG, but it is most definitely not bereft of "wtf skills" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I concur with TQ. The best character customization of any ARPG I've played.

A lot of the same developers have been making another ARPG called Grim Dawn. But it seems like development has been going on forever in that game. I can only think that they run into funding issues as they are an indie company (or really just a group of game developers trying to make a game).
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-11-02 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to pay for it (it's cheap), but Torchlight 2 is probably the best game in that style. If you want the dark tone of D3, Path of Exile is where it's at though, and that is free. I would say those are really your best two options.

The elephant in the room is Torchlight II.

B2P, on h ttp : / / store.steampowered.com/app/200710/?snr=1_7_15__13
    66% discount at steam until Nov 4.

Edit. Beaten to the punch by calmsea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with the general consensus on this one:

F2P - Path of Exile, hands down. Great game and honestly is the 'true' successor to Diablo 2.

$5 purchase (maybe even 3 at this point) - Titan Quest with the Immortal Throne expansion. Still some of the best Hack 'n' Slash graphics to date with a diverse and open skill tree, runes, item enhancements, you can allocate your own stat points, random quests, tons of mobs and gear, etc. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torchlight 2 is awesome too if you have the 6 bucks, more than worth it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Played Path of Exile for a while earlier this year. Was pretty awesome. The talent tree is absolutely fucking enormous so there's TONS of options. I just hated that you couldn't do a full respec and I'm a hoarder so I hate the small spaces you get for storage, lol.
    eh, you do get a stash,. it's got 5 tabs as well.
    But yeah, for a seasoned hoarder even that can feel small.

Marvel Heroes is a great game, and if POE's skill tree scares you, you might appreciate MH"s more since you only have 3 talent trees you can mix between and respecs are much easier.

Don't listen to the BS about it being a bad game. No, it's not POE's darkness and unforgivable depth, but it's not trying to be.

Diablo 2, nuff said.

Path of Exile (f2p) is vastly superior to every other game in the ARPG\Item Hunt market. Torchlight II (very cheap at Steam sale) is a fun alternative, Marvel Heroes is a fun for a bit, but not as good as the previous ones.

And hell, Diablo 2 is a fabulous game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exiles or just buy Torchlight.