Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the price is okay, being able to pay only for WoW sections would be better.

But won't there be like a hundred people just streaming their stream over twitch etc anyway?

I do like the pet...enough for the money...? I don't know yet...
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-11-05 at 07:54 PM.

Blizzcon is a financial loss so no, it isn't expensive. Besides - gaming sites summaries don't ways get it correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Haha. It was for three people.
    well derp on me lol. damn I could go for some wings right about now. thank you jerk.

but 40 bones is well worth what you get. Hopefully I can go to blizzcon next year
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Is it to expensive?`Fuck yeah it is. i think atmost 20 dollars, it seems fair Should it be free? yes it should, But Why would blizzard when they make Bunch lots of money on it

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I think the price is okay, being able to pay only for WoW sections would be better.

But won't there be like a hundred games just streaming their stream over twitch etc anyway?

I do like the pet...enough for the money...? I don't know yet...

Nope. They'll get shut down.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Blizzard is a business... They have extremely clever and decent business related researchers who figure out exactly what the price should be to maximize profits while keeping ethic and the respect for their fans intact. Asking this kind of question is extremely unecessary. The only way to ask this kind of question would be: Is the Blizzcon Stream price to high for You?
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Is it to expensive?`Fuck yeah it is. i think atmost 20 dollars, it seems fair Should it be free? yes it should, But Why would blizzard when they make Bunch lots of money on it
    They don't make a profit doing Blizzcons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Yeah but reading text on some website, and watching low quality videos after announcements isn't as fun as watching everything live and getting it first hand For me at least this is the biggest draw to buying a VT, my hubby and myself make a weekend of it, drinks in, nice foods, and have such fun watching it together, it's totally worth £25.

I also understand though that some people can't afford it, or think it's not worth it, thats fine too. I still personally do not think it's overpriced for what you get. As I said before I could spend way more than that on other entertainment that doesn't last as long and literally has nothing to show for it.
    See this is weird to me. I went to Blizzcon 2 years in a row and even when I was there I didn't go to any panels or anything. All I ever really did was go tot he meetups and play the games that weren't out yet. Why go to a panel when I can get all the same information much quicker by reading a shortened transcription?

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    And if it was $20.00 you'd have a hundred people bitching that that price is a rip-off. You could make it $10.00 and you'd have a hundred other people bitching that is a rip-off....

If it isn't worth it to you then it isn't worth it TO YOU. Hell, I'll probably buy it and I have to work all day Friday and Saturday. Why would I do this? Because to me the pet and hearthstone card are worth a good portion of it and being able to watch the replays while drinking a few beers Friday and Saturday night would be a great way for me to spend my weekend...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgname View Post
    I can afford it just fine, that doesn't mean it isn't expensive. Just because you can afford things doesn't mean you should.
    If you don't want to pay for it but can afford it then you have better things you want to spend that money on. For people who can afford it, and desire to see it, then all for it.

My point is that no one can sit here and say it's overpriced--you either want to see it or you don't, can afford it or can't, or decided to spend that money elsewhere.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    They don't make a profit doing Blizzcons.
    It's unfortunate that people seem to think BlizzCon is a profitable event :-/ No research, no understanding of how corporations work at all... Just hop in with an uneducated opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Typical ignorant post from someone who blindly would defend anything from a company. So, according to you, its not absurd as long as theres a profit involved? Imagine how much you could do with that logic in mind (how about all the middle-eastern wars)

Corporations making profit is one thing, exploitation, hypercapitalism and endless greed is something worse.
    Dramatic much? They sell out blizzcon. They get tons of stream subs. If you don't like it go write a blog or something....talk about ignorant posts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe there are 18 pages of arguing this. I shouldn't be surprised...but... Comparing the service received and the digital goods included, it's nothing short of a perfectly valued package. $40 USD for likely 20+ hours of content, a pet, a unique Hearthstone card, etc seems exactly at the price point I would expect. Obviously I would have preferred it to be less(b/c who wouldn't?), but it is goods and services no matter how you want to justify it and there is no credibility for expecting it to be free.
    BAD WOLF

Jeez so many people whining about something that's been the same for the past few BlizzCon events. The virtual ticket is for those that want to experience BlizzCon (see everything as it happens) but can't afford a ticket/airfare/accommodations and/or wasn't lucky enough to get their hands on a ticket when they went on sale. $40 might seem a little high but seeing as how you're getting 2 days worth of content (that you can also watch on demand and as many times as you want) and goodies for WoW, D3, Starcraft 2, and Hearthstone I think it's pretty fair. It's more like purchasing a package event like a sports event rather than paying to just watch a one time only livestream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Christ if $40 is cheap for a stream how much does it cost for a ticket to the actual event? $40 is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination for a stream of what is a massive game advert. It's funny how nobody paid any money for the stream of the PS4 or Xbone announcements, or coverage from other gaming events.

Blizzard is bending you over and bumraping you and you're taking it willingly.
    By the comments in this thread, some people here are bending over themselves and happy to pay Blizz for the privilege of getting rammed up the butt by Blizz. Meh, if it wasn't for gullible, stupid people, many a business would not exist. I reckon blizz could make a paper-mache turd and sell it for 10$ as Thrall's shit and some morons will still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    It's unfortunate that people seem to think BlizzCon is a profitable event :-/ No research, no understanding of how corporations work at all... Just hop in with an uneducated opinion...
    I guess the blue posts saying its a loss isn't enough for them lol Blizzcon is purely for the fans enjoyment and they lose money yet people still bitch about $40. Sad.

People forget basic operating costs business endure that are cheap for the individual. I don't even wanna know what walmarts power bill is lol.

I bought mine yesterday, and I do agree that it is a little expensive. Although you have to keep the expenses in mind that they are using in order to cover a 2 day event like this.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    By the comments in this thread, some people here are bending over themselves and happy to pay Blizz for the privilege of getting rammed up the butt by Blizz. Meh, if it wasn't for gullible, stupid people, many a business would not exist. I reckon blizz could make a paper-mache turd and sell it for 10$ as Thrall's shit and some morons will still buy it.
    If people didn't buy tickets - real or virtual Blizz would cancel Blizzcon and MAKE money. It IS a loss even with the number of attendees. Get your facts straight.

if you find a 2 day event expensive at this price, go look up what you get charged for UFC, boxing, and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    $40 is cheaper than a UFC fight which last 3 hours. I think people are out of touch with what events cost.