Page 76 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zene View Post
    You're also assuming the best possible scenario to rank, in this case it means removing Corruption first so you're doing max damage off the bat, probably also means doing your own WoL logging, etc. Not every moonkin will have that opportunity and thus their DPS would be lower. In that case, FoN is probably the "perform best with what you got" talent.
    I was just commenting that it doesn't really show up on the top logs. I'm not assuming anything.

Like I've said elsewhere, Incarnation makes sense if you thing about it anyways: You will spend most of the time in that fight with 0 corruption (125% damage dealt), you have multiple adds to kill which take full damage and your guild should coordinate bloodlust, stormlash etc. when everyone has the buff and 3 minutes cooldowns up again. Treants will do more damage to the boss in the beginning but then they immediately become worse than Incarnation once you get rid of your corruption because they don't scale up (or down.)

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the refreshment of dots. I have read this guide and some others as well and I am unclear about 1 thing, which I hope someone will be able to clarify for me.

Let's say you just entered an eclipse and both SF and MF still have 6 secs remaining. Now the single target rotation in this guide mentions, that when you enter an eclipse you refresh the dots (with uneclipsed dot first). However that would mean clipping the dots by quite a lot, is this correct? Or do I just wait for the dots to have less than 2 secs and refresh them only then.

Another scenario, which happens to me sometimes while practicing rotation on a dummy. Let's say that MF runs out after I get out of solar, so I refresh it and get lucky procs/meta gem whatever so I get to lunar quite quick while MF has still a lot of time to go on (sometimes it doesn't even come close to running out when I am about to exit lunar).

In this case I guess it is still beneficial to refresh MF in lunar to get an eclipsed dot even if the old one has quite a lot of time remaining?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Klejci View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the refreshment of dots. I have read this guide and some others as well and I am unclear about 1 thing, which I hope someone will be able to clarify for me.

Let's say you just entered an eclipse and both SF and MF still have 6 secs remaining. Now the single target rotation in this guide mentions, that when you enter an eclipse you refresh the dots (with uneclipsed dot first). However that would mean clipping the dots by quite a lot, is this correct? Or do I just wait for the dots to have less than 2 secs and refresh them only then.

Another scenario, which happens to me sometimes while practicing rotation on a dummy. Let's say that MF runs out after I get out of solar, so I refresh it and get lucky procs/meta gem whatever so I get to lunar quite quick while MF has still a lot of time to go on (sometimes it doesn't even come close to running out when I am about to exit lunar).

In this case I guess it is still beneficial to refresh MF in lunar to get an eclipsed dot even if the old one has quite a lot of time remaining?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
    You want to avoid clipping dots as much as possible. If you are in a situation where you have dots with more than 2 seconds left after you enter an eclipse, just wait. Refresh them before you leave but after they have less than 2 seconds remaining.

For the other scenario, you need to evaluate each situation by itself. Let's say you cast the uneclipsed MF with many procs and you are leaving the next lunar without any procs, then you don't want to do it. Usually you do want to do it though. It's still better to think that "Hmm, this is something I want to improve on next time so this doesn't happen." It's generally a bad situation if you're leaving an eclipse without re-dotting. With higher gear levels it is inevitable though.

Just got Black Blood of Y'shaarj normal from Garrosh and not sure which of my current trinkets to replace, looking for a quick answer if it's more obvious to someone else

Current trinkets:
    Cha-Ye's (522)
    Yu'lon's Bite (535)
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Replace Yu'lon's easily but you could always run your character through Wrathcalcs and make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Replace Yu'lon's easily but you could always run your character through Wrathcalcs and make sure.
    Haven't used it ever. Any good get-started-guides?
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Haven't used it ever. Any good get-started-guides?
    Yeah, here is one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...SimCraft-Guide

Don't go too deep into that. It's quite simple to get the basic things (stuff that you need 95% of the time) but it can get very complicated if you delve too deep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If your plan for this game is to just say yolo do whatever you want and say every time you do bad is just RNG then that's your choice. Optimal talents makes you do more DPS, regardless of other factors that don't directly interact with your talent choice.
    You fully missunderstand what i wrote - but i explain it again in a more easier way specially for you my yolo-dear:

noone of us can tell if fon or inc is better because they do around equal dps and other factors influence our dps a lot more so its totally untellable which one is the better dps-talent on a given fight. Blizz wants us to take what we prefer and what fits the fight most and they have done a good job (atleast for now) with these two talents.

@Lilija like huth sayed: its a psycho-thing. We used what we are family with and what was good in the near past. Thats why so much take inc.

The guide has two haste breakpoints listed above 10k, is 10289 or 10296 the correct one? I've been using the 10289 one for the past two weeks. What's the difference in the two?

10289 is the breakpoint for another DoT tick for Moonfire and Sunfire. At 10296 you're at 50% haste while NG is up making you GCD capped. So getting to 10289 is very important and yields a lot of DPS while 10296 is just a number after which haste loses a lot of value.

Thank you for the clarification Alzu, am at 10293 at the moment so I'll just stick with that for now until I get upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Thank you for the clarification Alzu, am at 10293 at the moment so I'll just stick with that for now until I get upgrades
    That 3 haste wont make a massive difference tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    10289 is the breakpoint for another DoT tick for Moonfire and Sunfire. At 10296 you're at 50% haste while NG is up making you GCD capped. So getting to 10289 is very important and yields a lot of DPS while 10296 is just a number after which haste loses a lot of value.
    Well, the real difference is that one is a lower cap while the other is an upper cap. You should have at least 10289, but, if possible, not more than 10296

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    That 3 haste wont make a massive difference tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, the real difference is that one is a lower cap while the other is an upper cap. You should have at least 10289, but, if possible, not more than 10296
    I don't get why people on these can't just accept an answer and instead have to throw in their own useless/incorrect bullshit just to seem superior ni some way.

Alzu summed up 10289 vs 10296 Haste fine, ignore these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I don't get why people on these can't just accept an answer and instead have to throw in their own useless/incorrect bullshit just to seem superior ni some way.

Alzu summed up 10289 vs 10296 Haste fine, ignore these idiots.
    Maybe the problem is you trying to make yourself seem superior by making others look less. Ever considered that?

Maybe the problem is you trying to make yourself seem superior by making others look less. Ever considered that?
    How about we stop fighting about this shit. Answer the questions.

Congratulations you just said the most retarded thing I've ever seen. I think you need to take your tinfoil hat off and figure out that the world doesn't revolve around yourself or what you think.

Edit: Infracted -- please don't flame other users.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-11-14 at 11:03 AM.

What starsurge waste percentage is considered as "normal" with 4T16?

Quote Originally Posted by Curarin View Post
    What starsurge waste percentage is considered as "normal" with 4T16?
    Depends on the fight. You'll see higher waste on multi-target ~ but it's something to look for if you're trashcan status. If you have a decent idea of whats going on, SS waste won't be something you should look towards. If SS was our highest DPeT spell though, it would be! but it is not by far!

/10chars
    Last edited by Curarin; 2013-12-03 at 01:35 AM.