Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mostly, sure. But certainly not all of it, such as Music, Art, Story and Setting.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Holy shit that graphic is hilarious.

Deleted
    ANd stop saying the community is different than it was in Vanilla u brainless fools

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    It is accurate indeed, but on MMO there is a lot of people that will defend WoW for ever and through their teeth so this place is extremely biased.
    Go on then, explain how classes were better balanced and quests were better in vanilla.

Show us your oh so unbiased self prove everybody wrong.

clearly a load of crap, even for an "opinion" class design better? what most specs not even viable in raids? HELL YEH if i want to raid on a druid i must be resto!

how dare blizzard try increase the viability of all specs within the game for PvP and PvE.

guess everyone just played rogue in vanilla and did world pvp all day killing people in stuns what a shame we lost those players..../sar

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    clearly a load of crap, even for an "opinion" class design better? what most specs not even viable in raids? HELL YEH if i want to raid on a druid i must be resto!

how dare blizzard try increase the viability of all specs within the game for PvP and PvE.

guess everyone just played rogue in vanilla and did world pvp all day killing people in stuns what a shame we lost those players..../sar
    I like how you act as if you actually know what you're talking about.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Posting that infographic on a forum full of WoW fanboys was asking for trouble.

Personally I mostly agree, but thats just my opinion yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Are you going to make a reasoned discussion as to why classes were balanced better in vanilla or just make vague posts?

Hell no, some of the class design was ridiculously bad in the first two "parts", quests and world were awesome in wrath, dungeons in Cata were horrible (with pugs), dungeons and raids look cheap and old in the first two - especially the copy paste in TBC, and dungeons and raids were AWESOME in Wrath, class design was my favorite in wrath and mop, etc. Opinions, opinions.

Cata raiding on par with Wotlk raiding, that's where this picture lost all sort of credibility.

As much as I love TBC over any other xpac, putting an opinion into a clean infographic doesn't make it more accurate.

Deleted
    Some things I do, some I don't.

Best PvP was late-Wrath when they worked out all the awful one-shotting. Nowadays we're back to having classes being 3.0 Ret only it happens every patch.

Best Raiding was TBC and then Ulduar and Firelands were pretty great... but TBC overall had solid tiers. Questing content would probably be late TBC's Isle and Wrath. Cata and MoPs leveling stuff was honestly dog-shit, and their endgame world PvE even worse (have some MOAR GRINDY DAILIES!).

Art: MoP, Music: TBC, Story: Wrath

Class design was Wrath hands down. You'd have to be an idiot to argue that. First time anyone could really play any spec they wanted and be competitive in raiding. The expansions since have just continued that, although I do feel they've lost a bit of their "oomph" with MoP: a lot of specs really do play the same now (Ret+Prot Pala, Arms + Fury Warrior etc)

Community was TBC. Never has my realm's unofficial forum been as active as it was in TBC. The only realms that have a community anymore are the mega-servers like Silvermoon. Every other server has been slowly dying since the end of Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Music, art, setting, story and overall feel of Pandaria should be 2 squares tops. It's pretty much as anticlimactic as it gets, even the cinematic was unprecedentedly uninspiring.
    Cataclysm, 3 squares tops.
    Both of these expansion failed miserably on that account.

It's better to make you dig deep for the story and don't give it much exposure like in TBC/Vanilla than to shove shitty lore/corny cutscenes down your throat.
    i don't know about vanilla, but TBC storyline was pretty bad, MOP storyline was pretty good and the same with the art, the problem with the storyline in MoP was that everything was new, not something we have been waiting for a long time (like TBC or WoTLK)...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Well... vanilla classes weren't balanced at all and you know i'm right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    Cata raiding on par with Wotlk raiding, that's where this picture lost all sort of credibility.
    Yeah, even MOP raids were way better than Cata raids, i agree that Wotlk had the best raids moments

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    No this is complete nostalgic bullshit. Especially the community part. Everyone in MMO's always thinks: ooooh the community back then was so much nicer, which is complete bullshit.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Only agree with this on the Community tabs

Deleted
    Pretty damn retarded and probably made by someone who just started playing halfway through WotLk or Cataclysm lol.

I believe BC should be a little higher on the community and pvp side and wrath should be a little higher on the music end. Other than that I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    No this is complete nostalgic bullshit. Especially the community part. Everyone in MMO's always thinks: ooooh the community back then was so much nicer, which is complete bullshit.
    It's not that it was nicer. It's that you actually interacted with other players in the open world. You don't do that anymore.

Deleted
    You know its funny how much anger someones opinion can cause in the people on this forum. You'd have thought that image was something highly offensive by the way people are reacting in this thread.

People who preferred the older expansions aren't delusional idiots, and aren't a tiny minority. Hell maybe thats why the game had 12 million subscribers back then and 7 million now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    And what is that bullshit thing about the community, why do people think the community is different than before.
    Because the community has gotten worse as a result of not needing to maintain a decent reputation because of anonymity. No need to be cordial to others and considerate in instances when the likelihood of ever seeing them again is very small. It's a sad state of affairs.

I remember when each server had a known troll or two that was pretty much universally disliked!, not anymore because a lot of people are nasty now. The community sucks, one of the very few aspects of the game that I dislike. There will always be idiots in any game but WoW is overpopulated w/ them.

Go play another MMO and you'll see the difference. Ask a question in chat and you actually get an answer that's helpful not a bunch of snide remarks from wannabe trolls.

This is really just a "Classic/TBC were better" argument with graphs. It's also a template that goes around on 4chan on occasion, so the credibility of the person is REALLY in question. Really tired of people talking about Classic/TBC like they're going to find a way to say their point while completely glossing over how shallow the thing they try to highlight really is.

Of course even if you point out just how broken or shallow certain aspects of the game were back in classic/TBC, you'll still have to fight back the, "BUT MY COMMUNITY!" point fruitlessly. Do these same people that cry about community also bitch at the school they graduated from for not making it easier to keep in touch with fellow classmates? Do they even keep in contact with those who are kinda-sorta friends/acquaintances? Does the possibly of just naturally losing touch, drifting away, or moving to a new state, not trigger the cry of "community" as some of these die-hard classic/TBC people do?

These kind of threads really wish there was an entire sub-section for classic wow talk so I can ignore it and prevent threads from popping up on the recent forum threads box.