Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is nothing funny about being stalked. Gender should have nothing to do with it.

She can probably track you through WoWProgress.com or any of the addons that allow alt tracking. Your best bet is to talk to Blizzard about it. Online harassment is against the TOS.
    Make a ticket and explain your situation, Blizz takes harrassement very serious (one of the few things left). She will get a warning at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch Way View Post
    She's looking me up somehow, on the armory I guess, to find out what I've been doing. The thing gives information down to the hour. What I am curious about is how she tied my character on my old account to the new account I transferred it to.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll check out this virus stuff you guys are speaking of. She did have access to my machine about a month ago. She went to the WoW forums and posted a suicide note on my account, went to the GW2 forums and made some very nasty death threats to random people AND made threats on people's life on youtube. She actually got the cops sent to my house doing this. How she got access to my comp... long story.
    First, forget her in-game.
    Every time she shows up, add her new toon to ignore list, and go back to raid with your old guild.

She can't do anything to you in-game.
    Just add her to ignore every time, and she will give up using this source to hit you.

Format your computer.
    Resintall everything from the zero.
    Only save files that are 100% necessary, and first add a good antivirus and antispyware.
    (Add files to new pendrive, i mean NEW 100% clean one, format pc, install windows, install antivirus and anti-spyware, THEN use the pendrive to get your must have files back.)

Contact blizzard about the issue.
    You should let then know.

Open a RL process against her. This is a MUST.

Try to get a mandate of distance from you. Those are easy to get, even low amount or consistency of proofs.
    If she breaks the mandate to haress you again, she is in bigger trouble, her lawyer will let her know that.

And, this is a serious question, why it bothers you that she PM you things?
    I'm not reducing your problem or anything, i'm just curious about what makes it so stressful for you, since she can't really damage you in-game.

(BTW, its a keylogger, 99% sure)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    obviously you've never been stalked before
    I hope your not putting stalking in WoW to the same level as stalking in real life.

Hey there folks

I am going through some very intense RL issues with my ex who has used WoW to track me in the past. She would follow my character, call me up and say something like "well you were raiding on Thursday but you ain't got time for me." I know this all sounds funny from the outside (esp since I am a guy getting stalked by a girl), but this is a very serious issue for me.

So to stop this I transferred my character to a new server, to a FRESH ACCOUNT and gave it a fresh name and she found me anyway. How the hell did she do that and how can I hide my character from her? I am even worried about posting on the official forums (I did in the past, but haven't since I transferred my monk to the new account), I have a 1 alt I use for that. I have to hide behind a damn alt not because I am a troll, but because I am being stalked IR friggin L.

I have a police report here evidence of her abuse and am really thinking about sending this to Blizzard in an attempt to get my account somehow delisted from their public database. It's not like I can report her to Blizzard, she doesn't even play anymore.

I hate these damn tracking sites so much it hurts. It seems as if I have to just delete my toon and start from scratch on yet another account! I have my cloak, have just pushed to wave 25 endless in the PG, I was respected in my old guild as a nice and accomplished player - I had to leave them; found a new guild, got some heroic gear etc etc.... I have a nice ilvl 560+ toon and I don't wanna delete her.

How am I being tracked even after transferring Across accounts? What the fuck?
    There are some sites that will provide both transfer and name change information. Barring that and depending on how long you were together she may just have your credit card info and enough other info to gain access to your account for the spying. Either way it is kind of childish. Blizzard will be no help to you considering their failure to act on real life threat issues, but that is another story. Your best bet would be to collect screen shots, record phone messages and go to your local police. Funny as it may sound they DO have an internet division. My father retired from the police branch local to him and was head of theirs.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    She likely asked someone else you told about your new server/guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I hope your not putting stalking in WoW to the same level as stalking in real life.
    stalking is stalking. same as any form of harassment is harassment. shit house lawyers that play on the strict letter of the law concerning these type of things are the ones that bring the community down by being enablers for the type of people who enjoy the mental abuse of others regardless of how simple it may seem to you the observer who is not being harassed or harassing individual.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    i am pretty we are talking about real life stalking here...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    She likely asked someone else you told about your new server/guild. From then on it is trivial to check on wowprogress who joined the guild at a certain time.

There is not likely to be any keyloggers, and the police is not going to do anything because you are contacted in an online game. Take it up with Blizzard support. Have them ban her account so she can't track you.

A crazy person with access to your system could have installed something, yes. I would consider it compromised.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Start with this. Download it, install it, update it, run it. If you are computer-savvy enough to remove the hard drive and scan it from a trusted computer, do that. Otherwise do not leave the computer unattended while it's running, just in case she can control things remotely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try either:
    1] Running a scan on your pc for keyloggers
    2] Inform Blizz of her behaviour, and see if they can do something about it
    Or 3] option 1 and 2 - that's all I can suggest, good luck in trying to get her off your back
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Assuming they had a real life relationship outside of WoW I'm pretty sure it's not just 'stalking in WoW'.

Having someone track your actions through any means is frightening not because of the action itself, but because it makes you think 'I wonder what this nutjob might do next'.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I went through a similar situation a few years ago. I was in a Raiding guild that imploded. Several of us left and formed our own guild. I was GM but was never happy going from 25 Heroic to 10 Norm Raiding so I promoted an Officer and let them know I would be leaving. Two of the guys (I am female) were really young, and they got pissed off at me for leaving. I did not tell anyone where I was going, xferred, did a name and race change. They found me and harassed me on the Official Forums, made toons on my new server, and proceeded to harrass my new guild. I did report this to Blizzard, as it is against the terms. I know they got banned from forums and when they logged in from other accts to harass me those were also banned. I don't know if their accounts got banned or what but I do know that shortly thereafter they harassment ended.
    I have been stalked irl by a Mental Health Patient I worked with, and by these 2 guys in WoW, and by another guy in wow. Please take this matter seriously, as it can escalate quite quickly. You need to document absolutely EVERYTHING this girl does, photos, vids, screenshots, audio if she calls and harasses you, etc...You need to get a restraining order against her. This is all preparing for anything serious happening in the future. If she breaks the order, don't hesitate to call the cops. Not a lot a piece of paper can do but if she persists there are harsh penalties in place (US) with repeated offenses. If you do ever have to go to court against her you will have all your documentation to present to support your case against her.
    Lastly call Blizz immediately. they can track her by ip which will also serve to document the stalking. They will (hopefully) protect your identity and do some perma banning. If she doesn't play wow anymore then she can't do much ingame to you, but they can block her ip from the forums.
    Good Luck

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad I am not getting stalked by people.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by satanicway View Post
    First, forget her in-game.
    Every time she shows up, add her new toon to ignore list, and go back to raid with your old guild.

She can't do anything to you in-game.
    Just add her to ignore every time, and she will give up using this source to hit you.

Format your computer.
    Resintall everything from the zero.
    Only save files that are 100% necessary, and first add a good antivirus and antispyware.
    (Add files to new pendrive, i mean NEW 100% clean one, format pc, install windows, install antivirus and anti-spyware, THEN use the pendrive to get your must have files back.)

Contact blizzard about the issue.
    You should let then know.

Open a RL process against her. This is a MUST.

Try to get a mandate of distance from you. Those are easy to get, even low amount or consistency of proofs.
    If she breaks the mandate to haress you again, she is in bigger trouble, her lawyer will let her know that.

And, this is a serious question, why it bothers you that she PM you things?
    I'm not reducing your problem or anything, i'm just curious about what makes it so stressful for you, since she can't really damage you in-game.

(BTW, its a keylogger, 99% sure)
    She's not contacting me in the actual game shes using it to track me and contacting me over the phone/email etc. We have a child together so I can't just ignore her totally. I just want to game in peace. Just to show you all what I am dealing with here is part of an email she recently sent. We broke lived together for 8 years and I left her due to being physically abused and have police reports I could show Blizzard) ... sorry to get personal but whatever this is what Im dealing with.

"I don’t care if you spend time with [our Son] or how much money you give, you need to spend time with me, and you will. How can you expect me to be a good mother if I don’t have your emotional support? So stop playing games, and I mean that literally, and spend time with me. By that I mean I know you were raiding on Tuesday night, you killed up to Thok. How many hours did that take, loser? Transfer all you want, I could have found Bin Laden if charged with the task. You have a duty to your job, your son, and above all me. I fucking love you."

Okay, really out the door now. Thanks for your help and I'll wipe my hard drive and transfer YET again.

She's not contacting me in the actual game shes using it to track me and contacting me over the phone/email etc. We have a child together so I can't just ignore her totally. I just want to game in peace. Just to show you all what I am dealing with here is part of an email she recently sent. We broke lived together for 8 years and I left her due to being physically abused and have police reports I could show Blizzard) ... sorry to get personal but whatever this is what Im dealing with.

"I don’t care if you spend time with [our Son] or how much money you give, you need to spend time with me, and you will. How can you expect me to be a good mother if I don’t have your emotional support? So stop playing games, and I mean that literally, and spend time with me. By that I mean I know you were raiding on Tuesday night, you killed up to Thok. How many hours did that take, loser? Transfer all you want, I could have found Bin Laden if charged with the task. You have a duty to your job, your son, and above all me. I fucking love you."

Okay, really out the door now. Thanks for your help and I'll wipe my hard drive and transfer YET again.
    Go to the police. It is clear that she is mentally unstable and you can easily get a restraining order if she has sent you stuff like this. Not to mention what she's doing is clearly illegal.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... She sounds utterly mental, sorry to say it, but it's true, you may have a kid, but doesn't mean you HAVE to freely give her your time, you split up for fuck sake, why does she feel that she NEEDS your unconditional love and attention?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to say that I'm really sorry you're experiencing this.

I hope you follow some of the advice in this thread (particularly contacting Blizzard, possibly consider a restraining order IRL).

This type of behaviour is not normal, especially based on that last email excerpt you included.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Wow... She sounds utterly mental, sorry to say it, but it's true, you may have a kid, but doesn't mean you HAVE to freely give her your time, you split up for fuck sake, why does she feel that she NEEDS your unconditional love and attention?
    You did kind of answer it yourself at the very start of your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You did kind of answer it yourself at the very start of your post.
    Besides that fact, I mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Stalking is stalking. It doesn't matter where it is. It's scary and the feeling of the loss of control, of being unable to get away from this person is far more frightening than you might think. In real life you can move away and hopefully never see them again...online there is no distance. There is no safe place to go.

Child or not, yes you can. You need to protect yourself.