Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    People need to learn that pissing off a techie will not usually end well. the neighbors below me were huge ass hats to me and were banging on their ceiling (my floor) for no reason, so I went into their unsecured router and blocked all the mac addresses from connecting and changed their SSID to "APT 204-we are assholes"
    +1!!

I change the SSID anytime I come across an unsecured home network (provided I have the time to do so). In my opinion I'm doing them a favor by nudging them in the direction of proper wireless security.

Deleted
    IDK if this has been said already but you realize you can block the alt tracking thing on wowprogress so when people try to look up your alts on there it'll say "hidden".

10+ Year Old Account
    Blasted account wide achievements and such, they have many drawbacks that you can't see at first. Hell, even character specific achievements.. and the dates they have with them.. all she'd have to do would be write down certain key achievements, their dates, for your toons, and that'd be enough. How she found your new character after moving accounts and changing names and servers I cannot answer, perhaps it is indeed malware.

I'll echo some of the people in this thread and say you should contact Blizz. Hardly seems like this would be the first time this has happened.

I've had some limited experience with people using the Armory against me before. Lied to someone that I wasn't playing the game anymore and they found out anyway. It's a downside to Armory we often don't consider. Honestly, this kinda crap is why I haven't put my toons in my sig.

your facilitating it yourself by answering her or listen to her. Unless she is in your house under your bed you can completely ignore her. dont answer the phone calls or knocks at the door or messages in game. Problem solved. If she finds u on the street and kills you, your dead and have nothing to worry about anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Blasted account wide achievements and such, they have many drawbacks that you can't see at first. Hell, even character specific achievements.. and the dates they have with them.. all she'd have to do would be write down certain key achievements, their dates, for your toons, and that'd be enough. How she found your new character after moving accounts and changing names and servers I cannot answer, perhaps it is indeed malware.

I'll echo some of the people in this thread and say you should contact Blizz. Hardly seems like this would be the first time this has happened.

I've had some limited experience with people using the Armory against me before. Lied to someone that I wasn't playing the game anymore and they found out anyway. It's a downside to Armory we often don't consider. Honestly, this kinda crap is why I haven't put my toons in my sig.
    The problem is more along the lines of the game tracking your every move and making it public by constantly updating every time you pick a flower. Which is why alot of people were so against the real id bs back then. Its bad enough that they track everything you do, but making it relate to your real name is a big no go, with all the possible implications this has regarding jobs or even the more obscure things like stalkers.

Deleted
    Grow some balls and do something about it rather than come complaining on a message board. Assuming this is even happening, I think deep down you enjoy the attention.

Deleted
    Start a new character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Grow some balls and do something about it rather than come complaining on a message board. Assuming this is even happening, I think deep down you enjoy the attention.
    He's not complaining, he's looking for advice.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard format your hdd and start fresh, reinstall windows, redownload and install wow, change all email passwords, purchase a new bnet acc and transfer your main (this will guarantee she wont find you), otherwise if you want to keep your achieves and mounts you need to keep your bnet account and she can probably still track you (thats how wowprogress works thanks to acc wide achievements). So all you can do really is make a wowprogress & guildox acccount and hide all your alts, then get an addon that auto blocks all whispers and white-list only people you want to talk to, decline all bnet friend requests unless it's people you know (and all the other obvious stuff) and by then she would probably just give up

Deleted
    How can she stalk you on WoW if she no longer plays WoW ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or...you can always try other mmo. And dont tell any1 abauth it. (after you deal with viruses)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

thats already been addressed, there are numerous online sources to check your characters with, but you can also use the same to track others with, as well as all of their activity

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    How can she stalk you on WoW if she no longer plays WoW ?
    You wouldnt believe what some people will do just to see what their partner or ex-partner are doing.

Gather all the proof you have and go to the police and have a restraining order put on her, then as soon she ever messages you again you can really fuck her over.

Stalking and harrasment are serious issues, even if it's via a game or whatever. Act and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    your computer is tainted, you need to burn it.

Buy a new Computer, transfer no files from the old. you need to start life from absolute scratch.
    I wish I could upvote posts, this would win it. The only way to erase anything permanently on your computer is to melt it down. They advise people when you trade in a cell phone - destroy it, otherwise files can be pulled off it, which can be very damaging if you ever did sexting.

Destroying your tech is the 2013 version of "changing your phone number." I know it sounds drastic, but this seems like a rather drastic situation.

Before you do that I would sweep your house for hidden cameras though. She could be just as easily spying on your with a webcam hidden in your house, which is how she is getting your information on your new wow accounts.

Here's an idea. Call the fucking police. All this "contact Blizzard" crap is nonsense. They aren't the law and while they can ultimately ban any account made by your stalker, they aren't going to sort out the real problem.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's via keyloggers, maybe it's via an in-game friend who's telling her your whatnots but
    wowtrack.org is most likely how she found you. It tracks characters through name/server/faction
    changes though I'm not 100% at all on how it functions if you transfer a toon to a new account.

Best of luck to you mate, it's no fun when someone steps over the boundary of personal space.
    Last edited by Sketchy; 2013-12-06 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    I kinda suspect that OP isn't telling the whole story. Sounds to me like he could just as easily have run away from her and the child, in which case her stalking is more understandable even if not acceptable.

Deleted
    there are some other ways to track your character, besides viruses and friends. There are some sides that are able to track transfered and even renamed characters with their achievements and the date they got them. I don´t remember the name of the side, but wowprogress got somthing similar:

http://www.wowprogress.com/detective/us/aegwynn

Registered users with confirmed character can hide their characters in Detective.
    Registered and confirmed Guild Officers are able to view even hidden characters.
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-12-06 at 10:34 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    interesting read, but you also got the remember there is always 2 sides to a story.
    your only seeing one side.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Good luck with that. It's hard for a man to win against a woman
    It is, but if they prove the woman to be a raging psycho, I would hope they'd give custody to the man. Stalking seems a wee bit crazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    IDK if this has been said already but you realize you can block the alt tracking thing on wowprogress so when people try to look up your alts on there it'll say "hidden".
    I know I've personally tried that and it still shows my alts, no matter what I seem to do.