Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Will Prince Anduin ever become Shadowly more then Holylely!?

Will Prince Anduin ever become Shadowly more then Holylely!? I sense lack of Shadow powers in main characters, bring out the Sha! Feed it you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, he is too stubborn with believing in the Holy and peace. He won't be cool and use darker powers.

you never know.. he might have dual spec.

Joking aside, could happen if something happens to turn him.

I hate him. I genuinely hate him.

Large numbers of Alliance troops put their lives on the line to find him and rescue him from Pandaria, lots die. Then when we finally do find him Anduin is all like "I DON'T WANNA GO I DON'T WANNA GO, IM HAVING FUN WITH D PANDAZ AND MONKEYS! ZOINK*MINDCONTROL*"

fekin Brat. We should have left him to die.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah, he is far too dense to ever use something that isnt fully good. He would probably sacrefice himself rather than use power of non-lawfull good.

Also lets be honest he is far too flawless to ever even consider that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    Will Prince Anduin ever become Shadowly more then Holylely!? I sense lack of Shadow powers in main characters, bring out the Sha! Feed it you know?
    Cause Garrosh had NOTHING to do with the sha...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Large numbers of Alliance troops put their lives on the line to find him and rescue him from Pandaria, lots die. Then when we finally do find him Anduin is all like "I DON'T WANNA GO I DON'T WANNA GO, IM HAVING FUN WITH D PANDAZ AND MONKEYS! ZOINK*MINDCONTROL*"
    Thanks for showing your ignorance. Now let the grown-ups do the lorelolling. To be honest, the alliance troops put their lives on the line when they joined military.

I also remember someone saying to Anduin that if he was ever to completely learn the ways of the light, he should also research shadow. Other side of the coin and all that.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2013-12-14 at 01:40 PM.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

We could cool if his dad got captured by orcs then he went to the town where he was been kept and just went on a rampage killing all the orcs with shadow powers but he was too late to save his dad. Then he slowly see more attraction to the shadow powers as he wants to become more powerful. Then he finds out his girlfriend is going to die and the only way to save her is some shadow spell that he'd have to respec shadow for. He respecs and fights his old holy priest trainer in the searing gorge but he unfortunately looses and become mostly burnt from lava and turns fully shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I hate him. I genuinely hate him.

fekin Brat. We should have left him to die.
    A spoilt child constantly whining while people around die for him? It reminds me of Frodo Baggins.

Deleted
    He did use some shadow-based trickery on poor old Sully in Jade Forest. He does have the potential to use Shadow magic, it's just a case of waiting for something soul-crushing to happen to him, that will make him want to dabble more in that side of things.

When daddy dies he'll come around. Either that or when he's raised as a member of the hideous undead.

Who am I kidding, the kids going strait to paladin town.

if blizzard decides to have the horde nuking stormwind city, than he will.

otherwise, nah.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The reality is that I suspect if we ever see "Evil Anduin" it will be in one of those stereotypical "fight your inner demons" situations.

Anduin is the kind of char that will "never" become evil no matter how much he may lean towards it in any particular situation. I suspect Varian's death is coming soon though which may at least give him a moment of darker persona, but I doubt it will last, Anduin is being portrayed as the Superman of the story.

Cliche 101: Father dies, Son becomes Luke Skywalker Hero and saves the day regardless of alignment. I also suspect that the vision Velen saw of Anduin becoming a Paladin will be a result of him casting aside the shadowy side of his nature to embrace the Light which once again means "inner demon confrontation" scene.

Blizzard used to be capable of twists as dark and shocking as that, but now? I doubt it, Metzen's entire storyline is based on comic book cliches which means everything Anduin does is set up based on comic book heroes, namely the ones that have annoyingly prone tenancies to survive impossible wounds. Hes actually very anime if you consider her survived a fatal blow from Garrosh which leads me to suspect hes inspired by Goku >.<

http://hearthstone.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowform

Seriously though, he will lead us against the Burning Legion so I doubt so.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How odd to see people WANT to see the prince of the alliance turn evil. I suspect at some point he may come close, like when Ryu temporarily loses control over the satsui no hadou. But he'll regain control and become more responsible. Or so we can hope. Not everything has to be a cheesy "ZOMG I'M INSANE/EVIL/oldgodinside (TM)" story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    The reality is that I suspect if we ever see "Evil Anduin" it will be in one of those stereotypical "fight your inner demons" situations.

Anduin is the kind of char that will "never" become evil no matter how much he may lean towards it in any particular situation. I suspect Varian's death is coming soon though which may at least give him a moment of darker persona, but I doubt it will last, Anduin is being portrayed as the Superman of the story.

Cliche 101: Father dies, Son becomes Luke Skywalker Hero and saves the day regardless of alignment. I also suspect that the vision Velen saw of Anduin becoming a Paladin will be a result of him casting aside the shadowy side of his nature to embrace the Light which once again means "inner demon confrontation" scene.

Blizzard used to be capable of twists as dark and shocking as that, but now? I doubt it, Metzen's entire storyline is based on comic book cliches which means everything Anduin does is set up based on comic book heroes, namely the ones that have annoyingly prone tenancies to survive impossible wounds. Hes actually very anime if you consider her survived a fatal blow from Garrosh which leads me to suspect hes inspired by Goku >.<
    Well, people thought like that about Jaina, and look at her now, lots of hate in her. Nothing is impossible

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    The Sha have nothing to do with the powers of the Shadow Priest, besides the curse of the Sha is gone, and no - Anduin is the supposed champion of the Light.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I don't think he will be so cheesy champion of the light but right now its too soon for him going with shadow specc, hes kid you know so I dont think Blizzard can let child go rampage.

Jaina is a different story, Jaina was always evil even if people didn't "notice" it at first and technically she wasn't evil so much as fragile.

If you were one of those types that thought Jaina was incapable of doing something bad you weren't paying a lot of attention, I suggest you check DDguides explanation of her back story, since while I already knew all of that, it helps people that didn't understand why Jaina fell in the first place, Jaina was no saint, she never has been.

Anduin on the other hand has never been depicted even once as malevolent, even in Cata he's more of a child prodigy that wants to do good.

He's a character that is being set up by the lore to be the hero of the story.

Maybe after WoW in a future game or Warcraft 4 in his post adult years he might fall but presently? Nah, hes not that kinda kid.

That's Wrathion's job, since Wrathion is a Black Dragon and stereotypes have to be followed to their end according to blizzard logic.

Yes, I might not like it, but its what blizzard is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Jaina is a different story, Jaina was always evil even if people didn't "notice" it at first and technically she wasn't evil so much as fragile.
    We weren't given any reason to believe she was either fragile or evil until very recently.