Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry PvP in this game is TERRIBLE - changes I would like to see in WoD

I just leveled my hunter alt to 90 and I decided to focus on PvP (I didn't play serious PvP since TBC) without doing any sort of PvE and because of that I've realised that PvP in WoW is terrible.

Of course when I dinged to 90, my whole equipement was mostly green items so I didn't expect much because I knew that I'll be one-shotted by everyone. So I decided to do some random bgs. In each fight my whole team besides maybe 1-2 people had the same gear as me so we were crushed by the enemy team.

I played almost 10 bgs for about 2-3 hours (10 minutes queues OWN btw), lost them all and now I have less than 1k honor points even that in the meantime I've killed one of the pvp rares in Krasarang Wilds and he gave me 200-300 honor points. My point is that it will take AGES for me to get full PvP gear which is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen. Someone will prodably say that I can buy a boost in arena and get free gear but that's not how it should work.

In PvE you just level an alt to level 90, go to timeless isle, get 496 ilvl gear and you're prepared for the latest content. There should a catch-up mechanic in PvP too.

We all know that in the next expansion we will get a new PvP zone that will last 24/7. So that's how PvP gear should work in WoD imo:

1. Tier 1: Honor Points gear - each item is sold for around 200-300 honor points so you can easily farm this amount and get your PvP gear straight away.
    2. Tier 2: Conquest Points gear - you get those points from arenas but also every won random BG gives you 100, and every lost random BG gives you 50 (because bg is more serious PvP than arena), and rated battlegrounds give you higher amount of conquest points.
    3. Tier 3: World PvP zone gear bought by the new currency gained from doing objectives on this island.

I don't know what do you guys think but imo PvP in WoW has to change because right now it's terrible.

I've also made the same topic on official WoW forums so if you support this, write something there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9123142323

Deleted
    Why don't you get Timeless Isle's epics to get an HP pool not to get one shot ?
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-12-27 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    In PvE you just level an alt to level 90, go to timeless isle, get 496 ilvl gear and you're prepared for the latest content. There should a catch-up mechanic in PvP too.
    There is.
    Make crafted pvp gear 476ilvl. if you still die easily in this then sorry you are just bad.

I am currently runnign around in 2 v2 with purepve gear as a healer and as long as I play smart I can keep myself alive against 1 person easily.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

The 476 PvP Crafted gear is the other route, pvp in quest greens is like raiding quest greens. You are not Prepared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    There is.
    Make crafted pvp gear 476ilvl. if you still die easily in this then sorry you are just bad.

I am currently runnign around in 2 v2 with purepve gear as a healer and as long as I play smart I can keep myself alive against 1 person easily.
    Well if he just started PvPing seriously I doubt he's very good at it.
    But even if you're bad it shouldn't be that hard to get started, and stuff is an advantage/disavantage no matter if you're good or bad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could convert jp into hp for some free gear.
    You cared enough to post.

(because bg is more serious PvP than arena)
    I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kcsaenz View Post
    I'm not even sure how to respond to that.
    I think that is ironic.

You think the PvP is terrible because of the gear treadmill? Wait until you get full Conquest gear. You're still going to get owned in a split second while chain controlled. Now that's something to complain about. The gear system is the least of this game's PvP problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is your fault for going into battlegrounds in green leveling gear.

Here is whatcha do: buy or have a friend craft the full 476 malevolent blue gear. Run a few dungeons and get some JP to convert to honor (I know the conversion sucks now), grab a few 522's and then queue up.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about using that free 496 gear for PvP instead of those useless greens?

Ive said it before, MoP was all about being there day one or ure screwed for the rest of the patch, both in PvP and PvE

"In PvE you just level an alt to level 90, go to timeless isle, get 496 ilvl gear and you're prepared for the latest content. There should a catch-up mechanic in PvP too."

496 items doesnt prepare u for the latest content at all, for LFR Yes due to the fact that there are others boosting u with better gear and due to the fact that u dont even have to play to succeed in there.
    It doesnt prepare u for anything else. The gap between Heroic and LFR Gear now is so big its crazy

PvP has always worked this way over the years?
    For PvE, Cataclysm brought up to date 5mans with equal gear to the tier before in every patch which was great for catch up.. They removed this however since I belive they thought it made it to fast to get gear so that players could reroll alts depending on what was best in a certain patches which enhanced class stacking in raids?

Edit: I cant belive ppl are voting for 476 pvp gear here are u serious?
    It completely sucks and u wont be able to do shit with it. Srsly wtf?

To avoid the problem ure experience I always botted till i had full up to date gear. I dont really pvp anything now a days tho

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the arena have a conquest catch up mechaning doesnt it?
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-12-27 at 01:35 AM.

Give classes more ways to break ALL ccs. The problem is that it is to easy to get locked down. The more you move the focus away from focusing certain targets in bgs because of un reliability, the more focus will shift towards clever play and strategizing.

It comes down to making the player less reliant on ccs.

Edit: they should be used defensively in pvp.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2013-12-27 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Here is whatcha do: buy or have a friend craft the full 476 malevolent blue gear. Run a few dungeons and get some JP to convert to honor (I know the conversion sucks now), grab a few 522's and then queue up.
    I love how people bring up the crafted PvP gear as an excuse for the shit amount of honor you get in this game. Not every player has a friend with the right profession to set them up with the set, or the gold to spend on it at the AH. Each piece is around 1.5k on my server.

So, no, that's not "whatcha" do.

Get timeless gear, the stat increase will make you a bit better in PvP.

Honor gain sucks, but if there was no grind I'd think less would queue up for BGs. Do AV if anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

500 JP gives 250 HP - to get full honor gear I need 47000 JP - it will take ages and honor gear is 496 ilvl not 522 so I'm screwd anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard put in the base resil to help new players get into PVP.

imho it does nothing to help new players because they can't do enough damage to kill somebody,
    and it instead just makes PVE gear superior in a lot of cases.

Bgs, island of thunder pvp daily's, pvp rares, justice to honor conversion. On top of crafted 476 gear to get you started. Plus you can do arenas by this point you should be able to get 13,000+ conquest.

Going into any BG with greens on pisses everyone off, go to timeless island and at-least get 496 gear if you wont do anything else.

500 JP gives 250 HP - to get full honor gear I need 47000 JP - it will take ages and honor gear is 496 ilvl not 522 so I'm screwd anyway.
    Supplement missing pvp slots with timeless 496 gear...

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I love how people bring up the crafted PvP gear as an excuse for the shit amount of honor you get in this game. Not every player has a friend with the right profession to set them up with the set, or the gold to spend on it at the AH. Each piece is around 1.5k on my server.

So, no, that's not "whatcha" do.
    Unfortunatly it is "whatcha" do, so go get some gold ie quests dailies etc etc etc and buy the pvp gear or do heroic's and convert JP to HP etc like it or lump it its whatcha have to do lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"