Poll: Good Idea?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Actual Idea for LFR (Fix to AFK and Quitters)

Ok, I am posting this here and getting feedback before I take this to the main forums. Now that everyone knows that, let me get out of the way with my idea, my idea works in a series of steps, please tell me what you think. One more thing before I go on, I am a heroic raider, you can check up on my armory if you do not believe that is the case.

Step 1: Remove all Trash in LFR: Trash in Normal Raids is fine, I love it, it helps keep me occupied, however in LFR it is just a nightmare of wipes and /leave's. This problem could be solved by simply removing all trash, but then what about all those AFK People won't they be harder to spot?
    Step 2: After a boss is killed you are left at the boss for 10 seconds to listen to dialogue and whine about how all you got was gold from your roll.
    Step 3: After 10 seconds a window appears prompting you to "Press Ok" to Continue, basically a teleporter, you have 10 seconds to respond.
    Step 4A: (YOU DID NOT CLICK OK)
    You are teleported out of the instance at no penalty to yourself as you are either AFK or do not want to continue with the next boss.
    Step 4B: (YOU CLICKED OK)
    Teleporter takes you to the next boss in an area that will not pull the boss, think the door that closes off the front of Org before Shamans.

This would help solve three major issues I personally have with LFR, trash being a complete nightmare that helps no one in LFR at all, it just serves to hinder a group of people who are usually already mediocre at best. This would also solve the problem of people who are trying to /follow there way throughout the entire dungeon, it would direct them out of the instance without penalty, which leads into the last issue, people who got what they wanted and want to go on with there day without staying in LFR and dealing with things they do not want to do or taking penalty. All three of these are problems that need to be fixed up, especially in the case of LFR as they eliminate all viable ways to AFK through a raid without penalizing low DPSers and it also allows an easy exit for those who are currently done. That isn't even the best part of this though, the best part is this is super easy to do and I am sure it would make a lot of people very happy.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-12-30 at 01:15 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be "that guy" but it seems to me the best way to fix LFR is to just remove LFR. Flex raiding with a queue seems a lot better to me - still lets people log in/queue whenever and gives more flexibility to the instance if someone dcs or whatever. You'll never solve the afkers in LFR/dungeons problem - you have to kick them, and if there are too many in the group and/or others refuse, you'll just have to requeue for a different group. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

I agree with removing trash from LFR as this would make the raid not as long. As for the 10 second window that you can either click OK or ignore it and get booted; I'm not 100% in agreement with. There may be certain situations that cause a player to get up from their chair when the boss is at say 5% due to an urgent emergency IRL (such as a child crying). They would be kicked even if they were the top damage for 95% of the fight. I do think what could work is if they do what they did in BGS: remove /follow from LFR. They could also do something with damage done and see if someone is doing under a certain amount that person becomes ineligible for loot or is removed (possibly a 50k dps starting point?)

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" but it seems to me the best way to fix LFR is to just remove LFR. Flex raiding with a queue seems a lot better to me - still lets people log in/queue whenever and gives more flexibility to the instance if someone dcs or whatever. You'll never solve the afkers in LFR/dungeons problem - you have to kick them, and if there are too many in the group and/or others refuse, you'll just have to requeue for a different group. Sucks, but that's the way it is.
    I love being "that guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    I will be up front with you, I agree but you and me both know they will never remove LFR, it would prove us all right, which Blizzard is always hesitant to admit, better to attempt to come up with a solution to make it more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosive View Post
    There may be certain situations that cause a player to get up from their chair when the boss is at say 5% due to an urgent emergency IRL (such as a child crying).
    This kick function does not give you a debuff, so overall you would not be hindered (other than having to wait again) by the experience and if you need to go AFK, even in case of emergency, it is not fair to the group for you to be AFK, ever.

If someone is doing under a certain amount that person becomes ineligible for loot or is removed (possibly a 50k dps starting point?)
    This will not ever work, and it has been discussed so many times, some people just do not have the skill level or knowledge to pull high enough DPS, rather than agree with you (which I honestly do its pathetic to pull less than that in a raid) I am going to have to disagree with you and say I feel it would hurt people who are actually doing there part, but are just not very good at doing the part.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-12-30 at 01:14 AM.

I agree with removing trash from LFR as this would make the raid not as long. As for the 10 second window that you can either click OK or ignore it and get booted; I'm not 100% in agreement with. There may be certain situations that cause a player to get up from their chair when the boss is at say 5% due to an urgent emergency IRL (such as a child crying). They would be kicked even if they were the top damage for 95% of the fight. I do think what could work is if they do what they did in BGS: remove /follow from LFR. They could also do something with damage done and see if someone is doing under a certain amount that person becomes ineligible for loot or is removed (possibly a 50k dps starting point?)
    Yes, lets make LOLFR even more brainless, and even less like a real raid.

that does really help
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post

Isn't LFR already brainless and not a real raid? 90% of the time, the tanks don't even know the boss fights anyway. They made LFR so people could get subpar raiding gear and see the content. They didn't make it so that players had to deal with wiping on trash and spend hours in a single LFR. LFR SHOULD be quick in my opinion. There's no need for there to be trash in LFR..

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Basically..................
    Isn't LFR already brainless and not a real raid? 90% of the time, the tanks don't even know the boss fights anyway. They made LFR so people could get subpar raiding gear and see the content. They didn't make it so that players had to deal with wiping on trash and spend hours in a single LFR. LFR SHOULD be quick in my opinion. There's no need for there to be trash in LFR..
    Back on topic to Sith's post: As I already said above, I am against the idea of LFR even existing, its dumb, shows content to people who don't deserve it most of the time and is awful, but why not instead of keep on this "LFR IS DUMB REMOVE IT" train, why not just man up and say, "You know what, if you want to do it, do it right Blizzard."
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-12-30 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    [B]
    Step 1: Remove all Trash in LFR: Trash in Normal Raids is fine, I love it, it helps keep me occupied, however in LFR it is just a nightmare of wipes and /leave's.
    [/I]
    Theres only three trash packs in the entire raid of 14 bosses that needs anything more than mass AoE, don't see the point.

The only way to solve LFR is to emphasis the tourist mode and encourage people to learn and move onto higher and better thing, if they don't want too, oh well, they can stick with tourist mode.

LFR is so low down the ladder that the only attention it gets is nerfs, it's not even considered end game by blizzard, it's just letting more people see the raid content, which is great.

I would like a gem/enchant check before queueing though, they have the check on the armory, just put it on the queue, no gems or enchants? Sorry no queue, people won't improve by having things handed on a plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the ideas, actually. It's a step in the right direction. Can't really think of a downside.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Theres only three trash packs in the entire raid of 14 bosses that needs anything more than mass AoE, don't see the point.
    I have personally wiped on every single trash pack in LFR except for the trash before Immersus and the trash before Norushen. It is a problem, I hate to say it, but it is, not only that, but when we wipe on trash, it means lots of people leave, its bad, very bad, and it needs to be addressed somehow, besides pointless nerfs.

The only way to solve LFR is to emphasis the tourist mode and encourage people to learn and move onto higher and better thing, if they don't want too, oh well, they can stick with tourist mode.
    I was personally for a tourist mode for a while, but at this point removing something that has been around so long (or reworking it) would shake up the audience that uses LFR to the core, and more than likely make them quit, sadly.

I would like a gem/enchant check before queueing though, they have the check on the armory, just put it on the queue, no gems or enchants? Sorry no queue, people won't improve by having things handed on a plate.
    This is a good idea, I will add this to the actual thread I make on the forums, thank you.

If someone has an urgent emergency IRL, their WoW queue should be the least of their concerns.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    much easier way to fix lfr.

add a 1 week cooldown debuff against using any random dungeon/lfr/bg by being kick-removed from any dungeon.

suddenly people would realize they're accountable for their actions and shape up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    much easier way to fix lfr.

add a 1 week cooldown debuff against using any random dungeon/lfr/bg by being kick-removed from any dungeon.

suddenly people would realize they're accountable for their actions and shape up.
    This will never, ever, in the history of existence, and the future of the universe happen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    This kick function does not give you a debuff, so overall you would not be hindered (other than having to wait again) by the experience and if you need to go AFK, even in case of emergency, it is not fair to the group for you to be AFK, ever.
    Kick gives a debuff if leaving the group would have given a debuff. It's just that by the time people start thinking "kick," the deserter debuff no longer applies -- for example there has been a boss pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Kick gives a debuff if leaving the group would have given a debuff. It's just that by the time people start thinking "kick," the deserter debuff no longer applies -- for example there has been a boss pull.
    In the version of "kick" I am trying to go for, it would not penalize you for being removed from the group, this means it could also be used as an exit strategy for people who need to go AFK for a little bit, but may be back before the 30 minute debuff is up. The Deserter debuff should be reserved for people who are forcibly kicked for being awful in a Dungeon, BG, or Raid, in my opinion.

trash is not the problem.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Trash is a pretty huge problem in LFR, but removing it isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    You are correct, it isn't. People who are impatient and uncaring are the main issue in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Trash is a pretty huge problem in LFR, but removing it isn't the answer.
    Care to elaborate?