Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    So you say you don't know much about WW which most people said had the worst this xpac, then you go on to saying that other specs had it worse even though you don't know anything about WW . Your statement seem to be standing on solid ground.

To make it clear, WW had absolutely no place in a HC 10 man raiding guild throughout the WHOLE expansion, there isn't a single other spec in the game the same thing could be said about.
    You must not be very good at reading or re posting what I posted. You said I dont know much then continued to say I know nothing, I said I didnt know MUCH. Your statement seems to be standing on solid ground.

I said I do not know much about the spec but know enough that its not the worst spec. They have mobility a lot of it too. A spriest is basically useless on a fight with a lot of movement.

As a raid leader if a WW Monk that was good came to me asking for a raid spot and they were actually good and put up good numbers I wouldnt think twice about recruiting them. Now would I replace my Warlock absolutely not my Spriest nope, loyalty > skill. If I had someone in my guild that told me they were burnt and wanted to play a WW Monk I would let them. Any spec is viable if the player is good. You may not be very good at WW but I know for one WW can put up some pretty good numbers because Ive see what they do, they lack raid utility which I hope blizz will change

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I'd say hunter. We had iconic abilities that we had since vanilla completely nerfed all because they didn't know how to handle us at the beginning of the expansion, caved in under pressure and nerfed the class to the fucking ground. I mean nothing that has never happened before, hunters have been through this pretty much every expansion since classic.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Shadowpriests and DKs got shafted on DPS potential.

So far the popular opinion on this thread seems to be:

DPS: Shadow Priests followed by WW Monks

Healers: Holy Priests followed by Resto Shammies

Tanks: Guardian Druids followed by Blood DKs

Blizzard, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    The entire mage class has hated itself this expansion.

Frost put up with some of the worst design torment right up until 5.4, now it's good.
    Fire felt nerf after nerf after nerf, slow play, bad scaling, and had their best CD turn into a wet noodle, yet still due to poor scaling does too much damage with pyroblast.
    Arcane... movement.

L90 talents, L75 talents, to dot or not to dot, bad frostbomb, spell lockouts on Heroic Thok... no utility arguments.

Mages are pretty damn miserable.
    This for sure.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

Fun wise? Warlock. I think they just gutted the hell out of it. Afflication was my funnest spec in game in 4.3, i didn't even gear my lock past malevolent though in 5.0.

Actual utility, dps, healing etc wise? I'd say

PVE: Honestly hard choice. I'd go with warriors early on just because the steep curve till decent crit levels is really really shitty. Other than that i'd say ferals over all. One trick pony as far as i can tell. Single target or gtfo.

PVP: Not really big fan of 3v3 / RBG, so hard to say. If i went purely from a random BG pov i'd say warrior. Unless you have healers you're gonna have a bad time as a warrior. Random BGs are not even remotely accurate to the actual games balance problems though.

inb4 "lol u thnk war is chit? u fkin n00b"

ive played alot of classes casually leveled to 90 on different patches. personally i hate how mages are at 90. stupid lvl90 talents

i dont honestly know i heard shadow priests are terrible from my guild master in 5.4

While I haven't touched my mage since very early in MoP (I think he's level 87), and I'm not arguing about the talent system, it does seem odd that people actually mention mages as the dps class that suffered the most given they spent a lot of time in the expansion at the top of the charts.

MM hunter. Are they viable ANYWHERE?

Is it fair to say all of them? They all were horrible, in my opinion. Too many spells, and most of them pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    While pvp wise I might say monk, we are bad in arenas, but not in rbgs. I would have to say hunters. The play style is so boring no matter what spec you play. It is basically the same, this is why I stopped playing on my hunter, why play it if it is no fun?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Hunters, Mages, and WW Monks have nothing to offer the raid besides raw dps in a 25m raiding environment(in 10m Hunters can be valuable to cover missing buffs).

Hunters also suffer from being middle of the pack in dps while being a pure dps class with no cooldowns to offer the raid and minimal utility(misdirect hasn't been truly needed since Blizz gave tanks 500% threat gen).

Lacking a cooldown/utility to benefit the raid really stinks if your damage isn't smokin', and all 3 of these classes can be pretty easily bested by other dps classes/specs(WW Monks can cleave pretty damn impressively though).

I imagine a lot of WW Monks end up wishing they were Brewmaster Monks when they see how crazy their damage can be with some vengeance(Xuen is OP).

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Shadow Priest.
    I main a holy priest, and I use disc for soloing, because I do more DPS that way. :O

what I said is still true though, I bet you someone will still say mage, warlock or Rogue. Lol.
    You're doing it wrong then. Shadow can pull 250k easy with 560 ilvl.

Healing wise; Holy Priest

Dps wise; Unholy DK

Tank wise; Prot Paladin
    Last edited by muto; 2014-01-01 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Spriest as well as holy priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You're doing it wrong then. Shadow can pull 250k easy with 560 ilvl.
    while the rest is doing 300k+ with that gear, shadow is the worst piece of shit that exists this expansion

Probably WW monk suffered most.
    Blizzard even wrote the following "we intentionally made the monk class underpowered because we did not want a repeat of Death Knight class in wotlk".
    On the other hand monk is the best thing that has happened to wow in a long time.

If you have written Shadow Priest in this thread, then you have lost grip of reality.

Frost DKs and MM Hunters have the right to complain more than any other. These are two specs that should be competitive that have not been for the majority of this expansion. Unholy and Arms would qualify if not for success in PvP.

I will give a distant honorable mention to all the mages. They have brought the damage all expansion long, but most of the changes made to them for MoP has turned out awful. Fun has been sucked out of the class.

i have no complaints about my warlock ( my main) but my druid pretty much sat the entire expac (unsubbed in ToT) if i cant maul things to death id rather kill it with fire!

Deleted
    For sure Death Knights are not as popular as they used to be and lvl 90 talents don't help them.
    On the other side id say MW Monks need some rework due to stupid mastery and the fact that our biggest heal is either too mana consuming or healing sphres needs to be mastered to be efficient.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Demo locks
    /our time in the sun, is OVER!
    Qq
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.