Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just a quick and dirty way to make money, I'd argue that blizzard would have earned more money by never introducing the cash shop, and making all those pets and mounts available in game, that would keep the game feeling more immersive and players could only get them by playing the game.

Cash shops are disgusting IMO, and the people that pay for the items parade around "look at me I wasted my real money on this digital thing that I put no effort into getting, yay"

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    Just a quick and dirty way to make money, I'd argue that blizzard would have earned more money by never introducing the cash shop, and making all those pets and mounts available in game, that would keep the game feeling more immersive and players could only get them by playing the game.

Cash shops are disgusting IMO, and the people that pay for the items parade around "look at me I wasted my real money on this digital thing that I put no effort into getting, yay"
    See, more insults.

Anyways, can you do a quick breakdown of how they would have made more money by not making more money?
    Probably not, but I'd love to see you give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If it's too expensive, you have a simple solution: don't buy it.

If you still have a problem, the issue isn't that it's too expensive, it's that it's too expensive for you but not for others.
    This guy gets it.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2014-01-16 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a vanity item . . . . I dont see any of you cry babies shedding tears over Coach purses costing $1500 for fucking decorated cloth with leather trim. . . . .

If it's too expensive, you have a simple solution: don't buy it.

If you still have a problem, the issue isn't that it's too expensive, it's that it's too expensive for you but not for others.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I work, and I will NEVER buy a store mount.
    And others will buy it... what is your point?

I buy all of them, its not a lot of money to me and I enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's not stupid who asks for money, but the one who pays.

There clearly is enough people around who will willingly pay large sums of money to get mounts which should have been available ingame to begin with, so why not ask a ridicilous price for them?
    This is also true of anyone who buys a second new car, new video games, or anything new they don't necessarily need.

God forbid Blizzard be a company who makes more on the side, after they bought themselves from their parent company.

Cash shops are disgusting IMO, and the people that pay for the itemshttp://www.wowhead.com/guide=1653/mists-of-pandarias-legendary-questline parade around "look at me I wasted my real money on this digital thing that I put no effort into getting, yay"
    So I assume you play wow. Maybe not, but let's say you do. You have never transmog anything? It may not cost you anything in real money but it's still parading around for your looks. I would also LOVE to see you even postulate numbers that could prove blizzard would be better without the online store. I haven't had a good laugh yet today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    This is also true of anyone who buys a second new car, new video games, or anything new they don't necessarily need.

God forbid Blizzard be a company who makes more on the side, after they bought themselves from their parent company.
    People don't want to see it that way even tho those things in reality cost more than a 25 dollar mount. Hell everyone thinks they need a cell phone, but we don't have anyone in here bitching about it because it's such an integral part of their life they feel like they need it when in reality they don't.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because people will pay it, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    See, more insults.

Anyways, can you do a quick breakdown of how they would have made more money by not making more money?
    Probably not, but I'd love to see you give it a go.
    When unsubscribing there is an option something like "I don't like the amount of in game items available for real money" meaning blizzard recognizes it as a reason people unsubscribe, a reason big enough to be included as a standard option on their unsubscribing page.
    Meaning there is significant loss of revenue from players who quit over this.

Think about it, if a player quits over the cash shop, blizzard stands to lose all the potential revenue from that one player, maybe he was gonna play for 1,2 or 3 more years, that would have been $190 per year per player that they keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Its a vanity item . . . . I dont see any of you cry babies shedding tears over Coach purses costing $1500 for fucking decorated cloth with leather trim. . . . .
    Haven't you noticed that anytime someone can't get what they want related to tho game they pitch a bitch fit and start pointing fingers at blizzard for offering optional items to the game for x dollars. The real stuff in life they don't care about its just easier to bitch at blizzard. Maybe it makes them feel like their 15/month is well spent when they can argue in circular logic about vanity items. Dunno. Stupidity has no limit.

- - - Updated - - -

When unsubscribing there is an option something like "I don't like the amount of in game items available for real money" meaning blizzard recognizes it as a reason people unsubscribe, a reason big enough to be included as a standard option on their unsubscribing page.

Think about it, if a player quits over the cash shop, blizzard stands to lose all the potential revenue from that one player, maybe he was gonna play for 1,2 or 3 more years, that would have been $190 per year per player that they keep.
    Here is your logic used against you that I can't prove. I would argue that a SMALL fraction of the people unsubscribing choose that option.

You have no idea how many people pressed that button ... so your argument is invalid.

Even if I made 100k a year I would still think the price is too damn high. Half the cost of an xpac, inside of which you can earn multiple mounts for free.

If mounts cost like 10 bucks and pets 5 bucks, I'd have bought one mount and prolly a couple pets. So that would be 20 more bucks they'd have gotten out of me, rather than the zero I've currently paid for them (for myself -- bought a cinder kitten for someone for xmas, but it was on sale at 5 bucks, so)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account

You go first.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I posted this in another thread about same thing.

I have no issue with the price, or the fact its on the store, I'm currently unemployed, I get by, if I have spare money I do buy things to spoil myself, and the mount itself doesn't change the game in any way.

Also, there are like what 160+ mounts ingame anyway via vendor/ach/dungeon/raid, and only a few been on store, no reason to complain, for there are more fish (mounts) in the sea (and land or air)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the price is totally fair, considering it's a vanity item. I have no problem with the blizzard-store at all, they haven't put anything on there that affects gameplay whatsoever. What grinds my gears is micro-transaction based games targetted at a younger audience, like sims and all that tablet crap. I imagine that shit quickly gets expensive if you have kids (and no control.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by ponth View Post
    I think the price is totally fair, considering it's a vanity item. I have no problem with the blizzard-store at all, they haven't put anything on there that affects gameplay whatsoever. What grinds my gears is micro-transaction based games targetted at a younger audience, like sims and all that tablet crap. I imagine that shit quickly gets expensive if you have kids (and no control.)
    Well unless your kids are paying for it out of their pocket, how do you NOT have control?

I earn a little over $91K a year, and I don't think $25 is expensive at all. I used to wait tables, so I know the value of a dollar.

It's like the car scene, you have to pay to play. Don't like the car you have? Get a better job. Just because it's expensive to you, doesn't mean it expensive to everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider that all TCG mounts go for well over 50$, including the recolor ones. (Savage raptor, almost identical to primal red raptor).

Consider that MOST TCG mounts go for over 100$.

Consider that the rare TCG mounts go for over 200$.

Consider that the tiger goes for over 500$.

25$ is CHEAP compared to the TCG mounts. Also, theres generally a sale once every 1-2 months on one or more store mounts for 50-75% off. The most recent one was 50% off on all but 2 store mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

its because anyone who has no problem spending money on mounts in a subscription mmo will have no problem paying 25$ for it.

The in-game store mounts are expensive because they would rather people pay for these unique mounts instead of offering them content that could lead up to them.

Its a win-win for them, they make more money and add in less content into the game.