Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I'm gonna put on a gas mask, it's getting too toxic for me in here.

Seriously though, the problem with the community is not people who complain about things ingame, but people like you who bash others for showing concern over a product that they have purchased.
    *shrug* You point out to people the sky is not falling and they blame you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    I suppose you don't raid content that challenge you in any aspect then.

High level raiding is always demanding and unforgiving - Making all your "requirements" fulfilled.

Unless you actually refer to something COMPLETELY different and use the wrong words to describe your source of enjoyment.
    Which does happen more so often then not.
    No I raid normal and then proceed to wipe in heroic until the last idiot finally knows not to stand in fire, like everyone else. I'm a person that plays because of the RPG part, the story being told. The whole bruteforce thing in raiding is something I don't mind, but it's not what makes it interesting for me. And while gear of course matters, after the next patch its just a reset and I need new gear to kill the next boss in a reasonable fashion, of course the numbers are bigger, but I wouldn't notice if I hit the thing for 5.97219 x 10^24 dmg or 59. It's all about the time it takes and how much beating I get in the process.

Deleted
    I remember a time when the community would be outraged at even the mention of leveling boosters, or anything in the in-game shop except mount or pets.
    Leveling used to be a journey. You found interesting and new things each time, you met new people and formed new friendships and connections with people.
    Leveling used to mean something.

fast forward to the present, to a thread on mmo-champion, in a thread called "the slippery slope has finally ended", and you'll mostly find people defending blizzard instead of giving constructive critisism on something that used to be taboo. If you had critisism about their decision, you apparently had to be terrible at the game. You're told that it doesn't affect you since you already have a max leveled character.

The thing is, it does affect us. this game used to be about community, a thing that have slowly deteriorated over the years, as they put in LFR, cross realm play, and many other things. Am i saying all changes to the game was bad? Absolutely not. I'm just saying that people's priorities have changed, but to me, and other people, it hasn't changed for the better.

Players change, it doesn't mean some of us have to like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No I raid normal and then proceed to wipe in heroic until the last idiot finally knows not to stand in fire, like everyone else. I'm a person that plays because of the RPG part, the story being told. The whole bruteforce thing in raiding is something I don't mind, but it's not what makes it interesting for me. And while gear of course matters, after the next patch its just a reset and I need new gear to kill the next boss in a reasonable fashion, of course the numbers are bigger, but I wouldn't notice if I hit the thing for 5.97219 x 10^24 dmg or 59. It's all about the time it takes and how much beating I get in the process.
    So in essence i take it you wouldn't mind the coming changes then? Not that i say they are wrong - But assuming from your statements, the purchasing powers of boosting a character to lvl 90 is a good thing.

To which i agree. Because as currently stands the biggest offender of this game is repetition. This simply gets rid of that in a realistic way.

Deleted
    "Oh not they are selling something to someone that affects me in no way shape or form"

"Ahhhhhhh"

-MMO Chmapion users

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    I remember a time when the community would be outraged at even the mention of leveling boosters, or anything in the in-game shop except mount or pets.
    Leveling used to be a journey. You found interesting and new things each time, you met new people and formed new friendships and connections with people.

fast forward to the present, to a thread on mmo-champion, in a thread called "the slippery slope has finally ended", and you'll mostly find people defending blizzard instead of giving constructive critisism on something that used to be taboo. If you had critisism about their decision, you apparently had to be terrible at the game. You're told that it doesn't affect you since you already have a max leveled character.

The thing is, it does affect us. this game used to be about community, a thing that have slowly deteriorated over the years, as they put in LFR, cross realm play, and many other things. Am i saying all changes to the game was bad? Absolutely not. I'm just saying that people's priorities have changed, but to me, and other people, it hasn't changed for the better.

You still have your guild.

All that this service does is render you a realistic choice to skip repetition.

And as the blue poster mentioned himself, who would pay for a game - to then not experience it and just jump the end of it?
    Either someone who COMPLETELY hates leveling and large concepts of the game..

Or someone who has already played the game.

So in essence, i don't see how this is a thing that has any impact on community or whatever this game used to be about.
    Less so then being able to re-unite people who got split from community via gating of content in your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    "Oh not they are selling something to someone that affects me in no way shape or form"

"Ahhhhhhh"

-MMO Chmapion users
    Except it does affect everyone in that it only feeds to the massive amount of entitlement that already exists in this game and will continue to grow with things like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by metasine View Post
    Except it does affect everyone in that it only feeds to the massive amount of entitlement that already exists in this game and will continue to grow with things like this.
    Which is a problem easily solved. Turn off chats in LFR, Dungeons etc - And only stick to your friends.
    Leaving you with only benefits.

Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    All those years we made fun of the people saying. "If they sell server transfers whats stoping them from selling gear or max lvl characters? We thought such connection would never happen, since blizzard knows better.

Then they removed the faction limit and sold faction changes.....ok not that big of a deal, a little bit of worry spread the forums, but most people learned to accept it.

Now they are officially selling lvl 90 characters, even offering you a lvl 90 while the lvl 90 expansion is still out. This is officially, for me and my personal comfort level, too far. Wow has changes and so design physiology changes with it. It will continent you do so, iv spent much time in wow thinking that they made some mistakes and they will simply get back on track with the epic gameplay choices they made in the past.

But I realize now, that im simply an outdated customer, and that few of these things are mistakes. They are simply shifts to a new style of game, one that does not catch my fancy. Im more of an oldschool RPG fan, wow back in TBC hit my personal favorite balance on the genre. Wow is still a good game to some, but its not the same game. Do I feel its fair? Not really. I wish they would open up oldschool servers to support the fans of wow past. But there are always other ways to do that.

Blizzard seems under the impression that "less people are playing mmos in general" but I dont think that is a result of the consumer, as much as it is a result of the lack of a true mmo products. (This one could be opinion, but for me this is true, I still love mmos, I just dont know of any REAL mmos these days)
    90 isnt the max level in draenor. They're not selling max level characters. They've never sold gear, unless you want to be a little picky pedantic whiner and say "ohh but the transmog gear"

Oh, and max level characters have been "buyable" for months. I bought an entire new account and upgraded it to MOP for 11 pounds total just after christmas. Since then i've leveled a monk, paladin and DK to 90 all with under 24 hours played. If you're going to be pedantic, be pedantic correctly

15+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not a fan of the selling of a Level 90 character, I'll hold my feelings until we see how this is actually implemented.

First of all, we don't know the restrictions behind it (perhaps you can buy one every 30-60 days, who knows), and timing is important. End of the expansion? That's fine by me, after the expansion? That's fine by me. People are already buying and doing the RaF and transfer dance in order to get Max level characters, it's just a quality of life improvement. It's not like they are selling level 100 characters at the get go. In fact I'd like to see post 100 levels not even matter, perhaps that's why they went with the 10 level system this time around, to hit the magical "cap" and then move past it.

I still hold to it that this really means nothing in the larger picture. It's added convenience, it's not giving someone an advantage over another player in any significant way (unless you're in a race to 90 85% of the way through an expansion).

What I do hope is that it's regulated and restricted in a way where you can have freedom to do it, but you don't have people just buying 11 90's and not knowing anything from anything.

There are plenty of things I will be upset if they start to sell, but this is not one of them. In fact I wish they'd add an XP Potion to the store as well. I don't mind leveling so much, I just hate how slow it gets at times (well tedious is more like it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metasine View Post
    Levels and leveling are becoming increasingly obsolete. Blizzard has even stated that fact. They have changed their view and stance on it, and while I do love leveling when it has some significance, it's long lost and holding onto that arbitrary significance around levels (outside of that final push from old cap to new) I much rather see new systems be focused on.

It's just another step in the obsolesce of levels and removing the necessary focus on it which isn't a bad thing. Make levels and leveling trivial and you can begin to focus on the new target, which I'm sure is what they have in store post-100. (Once again I still think them doing 10 levels instead of 5 was entirely intentional to hit the Level 100 Landmark and move past it).
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The thing is, it does affect us. this game used to be about community,
    When was that? I started playing in TBC, and there wasn't much "community" that I saw then...was this magical land of community Vanilla only?

Back then, leveling met a journey, yes, that much is true, but even back then, a lot of people had fun wth the journey...what, once or twice? Maybe? When leveling alts that content quickly became a bore and quite frankly, a huge chore. And while yes, the community may have changed, that very thing hasn't. This was even apparant at BC and Wrath, and has been growing increasingly problematic with every expansion. I was all for leveling a new warlock, but by the time I hit the Burning Crusade block for the third time, the wind was knocked out of me.

Boosting to level 90 atleast somewhat helps against this issue, and will continue to in for many of my future characters.

And I despise the fact that apparantly, according to some others in this thread, this means that I am part of this new community that people are so toxic about(with reason, don't get me wrong.)

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only downside to buying 90s is how terrible people will become at their class.

Just dinged a 90 mage? Better go to timeless isle and spam Frostfire bolt!

Same concept in the LFR. Whoopty fuckin' doo.

Deleted
    Leveling is as obsolete in an rpg as shooting in an fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    Now they are officially selling lvl 90 characters
    Great.
    Can you give me a link to buy one since i don't have much time at the moment?

The slippery slope has only started, to be honest, OP. From here on, and the increased frequency of shop mounts and decreased frequency of new ingame mounts (not talking about wolf reskins) and actual fun ingame content (for example, awesome quest to get mount, or achievement, or whatever) has just made the slippery slope ride a lot faster.

As always, services like that reduce quality of design. Design will no longer be based around quality and what is good for the game (because if customer does not like it he can just buy his way out of it).

We pay for the initial game and we pay monthly so they can develop content that they sell to you again rather than actual content for the game. I don't understand how people can be fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subsequent View Post
    The only downside to buying 90s is how terrible people will become at their class.

The argument that people actually learn their class along the way has been countered again and again in this thread. People mostly spam a couple of buttons while leveling, cause nothing lives long enough for a full rotation, or to warrant popping CDs. You know what my frost DK did through Cata and MoP? I used Obliterate. A lot. Blood DKs just level spamming Blood Boil until later on, then it mostly becomes spamming Death Strike. But try doing that in a raid and let me know how it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    So in essence i take it you wouldn't mind the coming changes then? Not that i say they are wrong - But assuming from your statements, the purchasing powers of boosting a character to lvl 90 is a good thing.

To which i agree. Because as currently stands the biggest offender of this game is repetition. This simply gets rid of that in a realistic way.
    I never had a problem with it. Not sure I like the payment aspect, but I think, as I stated multiple times in the past weeks because this topic is hardly new after all, that I get why people like to skip it. I personally like to experience the story with my character, but even I only can repeat a linear story so many times before I get sick of it. I have only 1 character left which is not at least level 65, so I won't buy one of these things as the value for me will be nowhere near enough. But the free one I will gladly use for my shaman, which I never could bring past level 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghillie View Post
    MMO-Champion: Known for it's rational people.
    The R in MMO Champion stands for "rational".... oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Subsequent View Post

Honestly though, that's not my concern. You may not realize it but 95% of the players have absolutely no idea what they're doing, for all the guides they're trying to read. It's really funny to see people complain about other's skill (no offense, really!). Besides, I see no reason how leveling would have taught said mage to not spam FFB, because, well, it doesn't really matter if mage casts the proper spell or decides to whack enemies with his staff. The result will be the same.

That doesn't mean I'm for the 90 selling, I'm against any cash shop as you will read in my posts, but it does mean I think "they will be bad" is a wrong argument. The VAST majority of players already are bad. This never mattered and therefore this will change nothing.