Poll: Should Blizzard complete the recolored sets ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should Blizzard complete the recolored sets ?

Such as this one : http://en.wowhead.com/transmog-set=406 lacking the helmet, the boots, and the belt (Even though one is proposed on Wowhead, it doesn't fit the color so it's more likely intended to fit with the T5 warlock set)

or this one : http://en.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1121 lacking the chest and the boots

What does it cost to recolor a gear piece that is in the game already ?
    How hard is it to make a black and red version of this http://en.wowhead.com/item=45865 ?

It isn't hard but it costs money so Blizzard has to think about if it's worth it. They probably already have a recolored texture in the files but no item that uses it. They should rework transmog completely at some point so that different designs and color variations are unlocked or learned in the same fashion like battlepets. There are so many cool sets out there with different colors and they take a lot of space in the bank. Even with void storage it isn't enough space for all of them.

I'm sure they won't add the missing pieces to the game because they won't create new items for old content.

It's so annoying not having a helmet for my ZA Troll armour, or a belt for my Warlock T12... they need to get this stuff in the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind, some of the nicer sets in the game suffer from a lack of one or two items, I'm not sure how to resolve this issue, maybe a vendor located in Dalaran or one of the capital cities?

On another note, I would also like a vendor for LFR items from the previous expansion. (e.g. Dragon Soul items no longer readily available in MoP)

Deleted
    yes, it should be avaible through any *normal* means and definately outside toxic medium such as Black Market

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    yes, it should be avaible through any *normal* means and definately outside toxic medium such as Black Market
    Yes, I agree on this one.

Wish I could finish the Warrior Dragon Soul offset on my DK
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Just add dyes like Guild Wars has (tool to recolor ur armor to any color of your choice). Would personally prefer dyes over transmog.

Dyes wouldn't be compatible with WoW's system. The only difference in appearance between different versions of the same tier is the color.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Dyes would ruin WOW's hand painted textures, they look like over saturated enamel paint with pixel artifacts in any MMO I've seen.
    The color palette in WOW is incredibly structured with intent, forces at play in psychology to create a warm and inviting escape, the most they would ever do
    is offer hand painted recolors of every armor set like they do now, which you have to farm for mogging, but they would have a dye like interface where you could
    skip all that game playing and just get your rewards instantly instead of earning them and having a carrot on a stick to keep you enjoying the game.
    Sometimes not giving you that carrot is bad, sometimes it's good.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Dyes would ruin WOW's hand painted textures, they look like over saturated enamel paint with pixel artifacts in any MMO I've seen.
    The color palette in WOW is incredibly structured with intent, forces at play in psychology to create a warm and inviting escape, the most they would ever do
    is offer hand painted recolors of every armor set like they do now, which you have to farm for mogging, but they would have a dye like interface where you could
    skip all that game playing and just get your rewards instantly instead of earning them and having a carrot on a stick to keep you enjoying the game.
    Sometimes not giving you that carrot is bad, sometimes it's good.
    Who says it has to be over saturated? They could just do the same thing they do for sets, like you said. And that would take away gameplay? Uh, ok, have them drop from bosses?

Would probably take a while to design it, so highly unlikely they will ever do it. Was merely a thought,

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    Who says it has to be over saturated? They could just do the same thing they do for sets, like you said. And that would take away gameplay? Uh, ok, have them drop from bosses?

Would probably take a while to design it, so highly unlikely they will ever do it. Was merely a thought,
    Don't let me stop you from thinking, I like exploring and talking about anything in the game, I'm just chit chatting.

I'm talking about color saturation. In Warhammer Online, Rift, and GW2, all dye systems tend to look over saturated colorwise to where they look like the texture of the armor is underneath the paint coat. Making universal pixels with a slider system and maintaining the hand painted look of a gradient is impossible, nearly.

And you're agreeing with me, not offering me an alternative. As I said, they could instead just create by hand different colors you could select, but it would be a shame to lose all the fun of soloing old content to get those alternative gear pieces. I think it should be different than the simple dye systems of other MMOs, but mostly I think it's just fine how it is. Color variation is integral right now for prestige in heroic and normal raiding, that's going to be messing with some pretty tricky foundations in the carrot on the stick.

I know how much this appeals to the creator in us all, but there are very good reasons we don't have this in WOW, not necessarily intrinsically right or wrong, but certainly justified. But let's get one thing clear, it's not the canard of Blizzard's laziness.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    most are already in database, just unused aswell as few others completly unused, even stuff like the challenge mode gear has 3 different color sets available
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yeah, there's no way a true "Dye-sytem" would ever work well for WoW, but they definitely need to overhaul Transmogrification. It's way too difficult for players to maintain all their different equipment, and trying to juggle unique-appearance items, what items do and don't match which sets... it's just not great.

They need to implement something like MogIt, but instead of having to stash the item in your bank forever, simply unlocking it (or completing its rewarding quest, even if you choose a different reward) makes you eligible to use its appearance. Now, I would still place Armor-type limitations, as well as keep Class-Armor exclusive to the classes they were designed for, but other than that, go crazy with it. Just have a similar function to "sort by color" functionality, and also the ability to save several "sets" to quickly swap to.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could make dyes work without messing up the armor as long as you restrict the number of dyes available. Giving players a huge color chart to let them pick ghastly colors isn't necessary, you just give them a handful of options that allow for a level of variants similar to existing palette-swap sets. If you tailor the armor art towards being palette-swappable in the first place you can avoid a lot of issues.

I think Blizz can use old recolored sets as a reward in challenge mode. For me, all Firelands sets recolored are crazy and it's a shame we can't use them. For ex warrior and pala:

Last edited by Kubiszot; 2014-01-19 at 08:14 PM.

Yes 1000x yes. So many potentially awesome transmog sets ruined because Blizzard deiced to make the heroic offset a priest piece instead of a Mage one.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I don't think dyes are that much of a good idea, it would permit peoples to chose ridiculous ones unless it's restricted to a few colors depending on the piece of stuff, and it would take too much effort and time to set it up in the game IMO, the actual model, having different colours for the same piece of stuff model is the best one IMO, they should just complete theses off-sets.

wouldnt know how to add the blue sets to firelands. maybe a rare raid drop like the shamans armor in siege

or have a dye system and place an emo black or glow white in the wow store

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Don't let me stop you from thinking, I like exploring and talking about anything in the game, I'm just chit chatting.

I'm talking about color saturation. In Warhammer Online, Rift, and GW2, all dye systems tend to look over saturated colorwise to where they look like the texture of the armor is underneath the paint coat. Making universal pixels with a slider system and maintaining the hand painted look of a gradient is impossible, nearly.

And you're agreeing with me, not offering me an alternative. As I said, they could instead just create by hand different colors you could select, but it would be a shame to lose all the fun of soloing old content to get those alternative gear pieces. I think it should be different than the simple dye systems of other MMOs, but mostly I think it's just fine how it is. Color variation is integral right now for prestige in heroic and normal raiding, that's going to be messing with some pretty tricky foundations in the carrot on the stick.

I know how much this appeals to the creator in us all, but there are very good reasons we don't have this in WOW, not necessarily intrinsically right or wrong, but certainly justified. But let's get one thing clear, it's not the canard of Blizzard's laziness.

You're knowledge on that matter seems a little outdated, i guess. Gradients and Colour have no impact on
    texture quality nowadays, even when dynamic. (GW2 is static, btw)
    It would be impossible without the tech in WoW's old engine for sure...but GW2 for example doesn't look
    oversaturated because of technical problems, but thanks to Art Direction (Sylvari Design for Reference)
    Soloing old Content could be connected to searching and looting Dyes. The variation of Gearsets through difficulties
    are no biggie imo: the sets are designed with the "Normal/Flex" Colouration in mind and it horribly shows sometimes...
    some so called "Heroic" Gear often looks alot less epic like the normal variant, simply because the Colouration doesn't fit the Design necessarily. They brute-force it sometimes really. (And i never, ever heard of anyone in my years of heroic raiding that someone connected the tier-colour with prestige: mostly just "that one looks better/worse/opinion")