Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Not really. If we just stop nation building they'd really have no complaint, would they?
    Really? You think that if, tomorrow, we withdrew all foreign troops, and stopped nation building, that people would magically stop hating us right away?
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    60% heh? How many of those people in the survey have facebook i wonder ? I Call bollocks its all media hype and brainwashing and sheepness.
    Question, then: does possessing a Facebook account and using it as a means to stay in touch with friends, families, and organizations mean I forfeit any right to personal privacy? Or am I a "brainwashed sheep"?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

- Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

- Ben Franklin
    Stop the misquotes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Domestic terrorists possibly. They used to be called criminals.
    Are you under the impression that there are zero foreign terrorist organizations with the will, know-how, and desire, to conduct a terrorist attack on our homeland?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Really? You think that if, tomorrow, we withdrew all foreign troops, and stopped nation building, that people would magically stop hating us right away?
    Of course not. But would they stop ATTACKING us? Almost certainly.

Nothing takes the wind out of a movement's sails faster than giving them concessions.

Nothing takes the wind out of a movement's sails faster than giving them concessions.
    Extremists will just find another excuse. It's what they do, and it's how they get power. Like certain historical leaders, they use hate to solidify their power. They won't use any kind of rational thinking on this situation.

All joking i do aside atm

They asked 1k people out of 317,570,000 that is 0.000333 of the U.S "if all 317m are of voting age"
    So they asked not even .5% of the U.S if they value privacy of security
    So that 60% is really 600 people..... 600 people out of 317,570,000

How the fuck do they get their numbers for %'s..how does 600= 190542000 people...

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post

They asked 1k people out of 317,570,000 that is 0.000333 of the U.S "if all 317m are of voting age"

How the fuck do they get their numbers for %'s..how does 600= 190542000 people...
    Because scientific surveys are actually a thing. Margins of error don't appear from one's asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Extremists will just find another excuse. It's what they do, and it's how they get power. Like certain historical leaders, they use hate to solidify their power. They won't use any kind of rational thinking on this situation.
    Every movement has extremists and moderates. The moderates usually make up the bulk.

Give the moderates reason to stop fighting... chances are they're going to go home to their families.

That's how statistic works.

Every movement has extremists and moderates. The moderates usually make up the bulk.

Give the moderates reason to stop fighting... chances are they're going to go home to their families.
    The moderates are likely duped by the extremists with power. We've seen this before as well and the genocides it has caused. They were all normal people too. Could it make a dent? Sure. Will it stop? Hell no.

10+ Year Old Account

Almost certainly? What?

Are their fathers less dead from our drone strikes if we pull out of their country? Are their resources less depleted?

Look, I'm all on board for packing up and heading home. Stopping the nation building. But I'm not naive enough to believe the threat of a terrorist attack will somehow disappear if we do so.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by v2nkata View Post
    That's how statistic works.
    But that is completely stupid and i now hate statistics... especially when it comes to people.

But that is completely stupid and i now hate statistics... especially when it comes to people.
    I hate geology too because it's fucking boring as hell. Doesn't make it any less correct, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Question, then: does possessing a Facebook account and using it as a means to stay in touch with friends, families, and organizations mean I forfeit any right to personal privacy? Or am I a "brainwashed sheep"?
    You certainly forfeit any privacy when it comes to anything you sent to Facebook. At that point, it's down to whatever Facebook's TOS allows them to use your information for (which is fairly extensive and deliberately vague).

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post

- Ben Franklin
    If you're going to quote him, quote him properly, rather than a corrupted misphrasing that distorts his point.

The actual quote is this;

"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."1

He was only speaking of essential liberties. And only for a little temporary safety. He was speaking out against fearmongering, not making a statement that Freedom should never be infringed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I hate geology too because it's fucking boring as hell. Doesn't make it any less correct, however.
    But when it comes to humans i kinda think you can't use such a small base to get an answer from a number so much larger especially when humans have the tendency to be...humans and really fucking stupid at times and give into peer pressure and..and i give up i just cant give a good argument today for anything.. Hell i lost an argument earlier with my boyfriend over not buying more napkins since we already have 5 bunches...thats like 500 and we use nearly none.

I wonder why everyone rags on the government for collecting this sort of info on people but nobody seems to care that companies and corporations have been doing the same for a long time as well and the companies ARE in fact using it to target us, is it just because the government isn't trying to sell us things?

If the NSA were to mail you a catalog saying "We overheard you talking to Jenny last week, her birthday is next month. Why don't you get her something nice?" would it still really matter?

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Almost certainly? What?

Are their fathers less dead from our drone strikes if we pull out of their country? Are their resources less depleted?

Look, I'm all on board for packing up and heading home. Stopping the nation building. But I'm not naive enough to believe the threat of a terrorist attack will somehow disappear if we do so.
    there´s this documentary that solely focused on the events after the end of the last us-iraq war, how politicians neglected the army the means to actively help the people of iraq, members of the iraqi army where in the thousands waiting on orders and willing to help gain control of the weapons and arms still out in the bunkers and in secret storage places

i do think it would´ve made a big difference to the region and the possible recruits for terror cells

violence is for the majority of mankind the last resort, what helps to prevent violence the most is work and a goal in life
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

But when it comes to humans i kinda think you can't use such a small base to get an answer from a number so much larger especially when humans have the tendency to be...humans and really fucking stupid at times and give into peer pressure and..and i give up i just cant give a good argument today for anything.. Hell i lost an argument earlier with my boyfriend over not buying more napkins since we already have 5 bunches...thats like 500 and we use nearly none.
    And when it comes to scanning a rock I question how they can date it too. But they can, it's proven science.