Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Legendary items need not be mandatory, nor gated from new players, nor required for heroic progression, nor take up exhaustive amounts of development resources to put in the game. RNG-based end boss legendary system was best, IMO.
    I completely agree, how can people read my post and say that my complain is that i want to get it free with out any hustle where im asking for the exact oppisite

I remember when I took a break in cata, I came back for DS on my warrior and I got right into the top guild on my realm mostly because of my raiding background. I took a break for MoP as well and I'm back, and I can't find a guild for the life of me. Every single app I have put in to guilds it always comes down to "how far are you away from your cloak" and my answer had to be "I just started it last week because I'm returning to the game" and I get denied right away. And I'm not even talking about the best guilds on my realm, I'm talking about guilds that only have 1-3 heroics down. And all of the normal guilds are, well normal and that kind of raiding sucks for me.

I'm not mad, I knew that I took a break and that it would bite me in the butt if I came back to the game thinking I'd be able to join a "heroic" guild, but the fact that I have only been denied because I don't have my meta/cloak is a bummer.
    Last edited by Gurushock; 2014-01-31 at 12:11 AM.

Deleted
    Legendary should be legendary. Give everyone that makes it to wave 20 a cloak.
    If you cant make that u suck, and u dont deserve one.

Thats what i liked about that wrathion fight, if u suck balls, ull never see that legendary cloak. As it should be.
    But IMO it should be harder to obtain, skill wise, not grindwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Legendary should be legendary. Give everyone that makes it to wave 20 a cloak.
    If you cant make that u suck, and u dont deserve one.

Thats what i liked about that wrathion fight, if u suck balls, ull never see that legendary cloak. As it should be.
    But IMO it should be harder to obtain, skill wise, not grindwise.
    LMAO !!!! if u suck balls u will get it just as fast or even faster then a hardcore raider thats the problem

This is true tho. That stupid grind cloak is now the new entry level item set for any sort of pugging. The meta and cloak is one of the blandest legendary of all time. The damn thing is boring, each step increases your dps/healing/tanking by x% exactly. Without them you simply cannot be competitive or for that matter taken into groups.

Some people really really really dislike grinding. Like me. So I have one geared main and don't even bother grinding the different stages of the Legendary quest line on my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Every single app I have put in to guilds it always comes down to "how far are you away from your cloak" and my answer had to be "I just started it last week because I'm returning to the game" and I get denied right away.
    I, too, took a break from MoP raiding and came back for 4.4. The stupid cloak is the sole reason why I'm not even going to step foot in SoO. I've been spending my time doing PvP instead.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    answer me that would u level an alt now, after u just finished this long grind on main, because i get put off by this and im not the only one
    Yes, I have 7 90's currently, 2 at 87, and a couple lowbies. I don't expect to get the cloak on anyone but the 1 that already has it and the one that I'm currently working on, but the lack of the cloak doesn't put me off leveling my herd for WoD. I know people on my extremely low population realm that have it on 5-7 of their 90's currently. The cloak will be absolutely useless shortly after WoD drops, so it's a non-issue to me at this point.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    I have 4 legendary, its not hard, all it takes is 2 hours a week for 8-10 weeks, you get just by playing the game you enjoy ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    This is true tho. That stupid grind cloak is now the new entry level item set for any sort of pugging. The meta and cloak is one of the blandest legendary of all time. The damn thing is boring, each step increases your dps/healing/tanking by x% exactly. Without them you simply cannot be competitive or for that matter taken into groups.

Some people really really really dislike grinding. Like me. So I have one geared main and don't even bother grinding the different stages of the Legendary quest line on my alts.
    Its the same as always, if your shit you wont be taken into groups, if your not, you will.
    Been in plenty of runs without cloak on my alts just linking achives from main /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I have 4 legendary, its not hard, all it takes is 2 hours a week for 8-10 weeks, you get just by playing the game you enjoy ?

- - - Updated - - -

Its the same as always, if your shit you wont be taken into groups, if your not, you will.
    Been in plenty of runs without cloak on my alts just linking achives from main /shrug.
    The problem is he doesn't want to wait, he wants it now.

Seriously though, no one agrees on what constitutes something being truly legendary. Blizzard won't be able to please everyone.

The problem is people want legendaries to reflect "skill", but it's hard to do in a game like this. So Blizzard primarily chooses two artificial walls to preserve rarity:

1. RNG Rarity (Glaive-style) - You just need to be lucky.
    2. Time-Gated (Cloak-style) - You just need to collect X shards and put in the time. Requires multiple lockouts.

While it would be a lot harder for them to do than the "collect X" quest, I think some class-specific quests would be the style that would make the legendaries feel truly legendary. Here are some examples of what I mean:
    1. Rhok'delar Bow questline - You must solo defeat 4 really hard demons.
    2. Dagger Legendary mini quests - These were good, but maybe have 10 challenging quests instead of collection quests. If a really pro rogue gets it done in the first week, so be it, they deserve it.
    3. Warlock Green Fire quest - Nice class-specific challenge here as well.

With the technology they have now, it's possible to preserve the challenge better as time goes on with item and level scaling and using solo scenario instances.

The cloak isn't even that big a deal. If you're working on the final few bosses in SoO hc then sure yeah it's a problem, but for the most part the skill level of yourself and your guild is going to be a much larger factor. Frankly, the fact that people are able to get legendaries at all on an alt is kinda ridiculous - They shouldn't be mandatory for hc progress (well, I guess they were at the start of the tier when everyone was in ToT gear).

Anyway, how were you planning on re-rolling anyway? If your guild is working on hc modes then how are you planning on getting hc gear on your alt until then? Are they going to carry you through the farmed bosses? If so, it's gonna take a few months anyway so why do you care? You're being carried anyway. If you're working on normal modes, or hell, even flex - The hell do you think you 'need' a legendary for? You definitely don't. You need like, with an average guild, 520-30ish ilvl to clear normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    You don't need a legendary on your alt. Do you understand that? Blizz has been making gearing alts faster than ever, yet people bitch about not getting the legendary. They made the quest quicker if you really want it. But in no way, shape, or form do you need it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    Then that's his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    Actually I don't want it all myself personally. I barely have enough time to raid on one char anyways. And only have 1 other 90. Point is that, with previous Legendary items (which were often as grindy as this one) having the Legendary wasn't the standard it was the exception. Now Legendary has become the standard. This is a bit silly. Thus I just don't bother with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You don't need a legendary on your alt. Do you understand that? Blizz has been making gearing alts faster than ever, yet people bitch about not getting the legendary. They made the quest quicker if you really want it. But in no way, shape, or form do you need it.

Then that's his problem.
    That is

1, Your opinion (which believe it or not, I happen to share the point that SoO can be done perfectly fine without the cloak)

2, Your experience, on the specific server/s or region you play in. On my Server, Cloak is the bare minimum they require from all DPS to pug SoO Normal. (You can get away without it, if you play Tank/Healer due to the shortage and demand of those roles)

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Seriously though, no one agrees on what constitutes something being truly legendary. Blizzard won't be able to please everyone.

The problem is people want legendaries to reflect "skill", but it's hard to do in a game like this. So Blizzard primarily chooses two artificial walls to preserve rarity:

1. RNG Rarity (Glaive-style) - You just need to be lucky.
    2. Time-Gated (Cloak-style) - You just need to collect X shards and put in the time. Requires multiple lockouts.
    OMG FFS

Saying that the warglaives are just a luck thing only proves that you didn't play during TBC. Seriously, stop saying this. Saying the warglaives didn't require time/effort/multiple lockouts is like the dumbest thing imaginable.

Stop acting like anyone could just pug Black Temple no problem and faceroll the whole thing. The only guilds that actually saw Illidan while it was relevant content were guilds that were amazing and raided the majority of the expansion. If you don't think weeks of Kara / SSC / TK / Mag's / Gruul's / Hyjal were required to get the warglaives then clearly the first time you ever set foot into a TBC raid was when you completely outleveled and outgeared the content.

It is a ridiculous notion that the old legendaries were just "RNG based" and that it didn't show skill. If you played during TBC and you saw someone with glaives or thori'dal you knew how good that player was, there is no question. These items showed how skillful someone was not because "oh wow you got lucky" but because "oh shit you have cleared BT / SWP multiple times."

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Yes I agree that wasting time AFKing in LFR for several hours every week hoping for drops is totally fun and engaging and joyful experience for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Yes I agree that wasting time AFKing in LFR for several hours every week hoping for drops is totally fun and engaging and joyful experience for everyone.
    This.

10chars

im stopped by the raid dificulty, go kill bosses with 10 people not having the cape and the meta and tell me that it can be done
    also i dont have the time to do it on my alts, put 1 and 1 together and BOOM my guild alt run just exploded
    Bet you anything that you guys not being as good on your alts is the real reason you're "stuck".

Are you consistently wiping to enrage at less than 5% HP? That's what would be required for this to be a purely cloak issue.

Anyway Paragon, Method etc completed all the content months ago with fuck all gear from drops, you've had months to gear up your toons with SoO NM gear so you're far ahead of the gear advantage the cloak gave them anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

it is tuned for having it cause if it wasn't then the place would have been realy realy easy when u do have it
    NM isn't. It's easy regardless.

HM is tuned for you having NO DROPS FROM NM OR HM AT ALL. It's tuned so that world first guilds can complete it in week 1. The gear advantage that you have due to the fact the content has been out for months far outweighs any difference the cape makes. Not to mention various nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    You only need to AFK in LFR if you don't raid NM or HM or Flexi. In which case you have no cause to complain.

If you raid the tokens just drop as you go. All they are there to do is ensure you are raiding in some format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This legendary? Are you kidding? All legendaries for the past several years have been multi-month grind fests of boring stupidity.

Shadowmourne. Grind ICC for months to get that shit.

Val'anyr. Grind that shit for months.

The staff from firelands. Grind that shit for months.

It is all just a big fat fucking waste of time. The only difference, litterally the only difference is this new legendary at least everyone can get it instead of a only a couple of classes.

Legendaries were better in burning crusade when they were just low chance drops and having one was actually a bonus and a benefit to your raid if you got one instead of all the raid encounters being balanced around assuming everyone has that shit lol. Big difference. One was rare and legendary and gave a boost, the other is just a semi-mandatory grind.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP... if you want to reroll alt and must have legendary then get a legendary. Im glad this is taking you so long to get it. Raids use to require atunements so you still had to progress through old content to raid the latest content.

I dont mind not being geared for a raid and need to do old raid to get gear, like gearing thru SSO and TK to get gear for BT....but this is mind numbing wait without any option to advance, with no regard to your skill BS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    OP... if you want to reroll alt and must have legendary then get a legendary. Im glad this is taking you so long to get it. Raids use to require atunements so you still had to progress through old content to raid the latest content.
    i dont want to get the legendary and i dont want to have the option to get it, cause by having the choice to do a questline that give u the best item in the game its no longer a choice

its mandatory cause it obtainable, pursuit of gear is important part of the game, to get better, to do bigger number to have more gear to advance to harder content....so yeah its mandatory