Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    Legendary should never become a requirement for any thing. Once it is, then it is no longer "Legendary" nor unique so it is not much of a stretch to become welfare. Now get in line like everyone else and be looked down upon until you complete it like the rest of us who recently came back to the game, lol...
    I don't consider it a Legendary. I just call it 'The Cloak'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Legendaries were better in burning crusade when they were just low chance drops and having one was actually a bonus and a benefit to your raid if you got one instead of all the raid encounters being balanced around assuming everyone has that shit lol. Big difference. One was rare and legendary and gave a boost, the other is just a semi-mandatory grind.
    This is what I've been saying the whole time. I don't comprehend how players could prefer the current system.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You only need to AFK in LFR if you don't raid NM or HM or Flexi. In which case you have no cause to complain.

If you raid the tokens just drop as you go. All they are there to do is ensure you are raiding in some format.
    Well nooone runs MSV/HoF/ToES/ToT now, which drops legendary stuff, plus legendaries are being requirements to run SoO, meaning that you are pretty much forced to run LFR in any case

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    OP... if you want to reroll alt and must have legendary then get a legendary. Im glad this is taking you so long to get it. Raids use to require atunements so you still had to progress through old content to raid the latest content.
    Because AFKing in LFR totally makes you into awesome player ready for heroic raiding right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well nooone runs MSV/HoF/ToES/ToT now, which drops legendary stuff, plus legendaries are being requirements to run SoO, meaning that you are pretty much forced to run LFR in any case
    You can get all the MSV/etc components in one week. So pfft.

As for ToT there are still plenty of runs, look at oQueue or openraid or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You can get all the MSV/etc components in one week. So pfft.

As for ToT there are still plenty of runs, look at oQueue or openraid or something.
    Why the heck would anyone run ToT normal/heroic to get just the legendaries?
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

Legendaries were better in burning crusade when they were just low chance drops and having one was actually a bonus and a benefit to your raid if you got one instead of all the raid encounters being balanced around assuming everyone has that shit lol. Big difference. One was rare and legendary and gave a boost, the other is just a semi-mandatory grind.
    Sure seems like a great system if your glaives drop on your first run.

On the other hand it's a load of utter bullshit when you run MC for 2 years straight to get both bindings.

I can't see how pure RNG, item drops on the floor with no lore or leadup or explanation, can be considered the superior system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Why the heck would anyone run ToT normal/heroic to get just the legendaries?
    I'm saying, if you have some kind of phobia of LFR for some reason, you don't HAVE to use it.

Hell if you'd done the quest chain at the time you'd never have needed to use LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They don't do it for the legendaries.
    You are here to troll aren't you

Well OP I am on my 3rd week of runestones: 4 every week. Yeah it does suck =[. *sniff* HOPEFULLY I get 4 next week, but idk .. 2 weeks of wing 1-3 of flex and I have 1 item.

Quote Originally Posted by unlucky4you View Post
    Well OP I am on my 3rd week of runestones: 4 every week. Yeah it does suck =[. *sniff* HOPEFULLY I get 4 next week, but idk .. 2 weeks of wing 1-3 of flex and I have 1 item.
    its just sad isn't it, a burden that must be done, thats how it feels
    after u are done would u do it on an alt?, how frustrating

"I've got a dragonwrath on my mage and I can not reroll anymore! I just wanted to play my rogue but my guild wouldnt let me switch to a non-legendary wielder toon".
    replace "mage" "dragonwrath" "rogue" to other legendaries/classes and there you go.

You aren't meant to just start a new toon and get a free legendary just because you got it in your first toon. This never was the case. If anything Blizzard made it easier to reroll. I have 3 toons that are maxxed level and all 3 have the cloak - whereas back in Dragon Soul I really doubt I'get an orange going to all my casters/rogue that easy, god forgive me if I had to run firelands/ds with pure pugs and reserving the legendary drops in order to get them all.

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    "I've got a dragonwrath on my mage and I can not reroll anymore! I just wanted to play my rogue but my guild wouldnt let me switch to a non-legendary wielder toon".
    replace "mage" "dragonwrath" "rogue" to other legendaries/classes and there you go.

You aren't meant to just start a new toon and get a free legendary just because you got it in your first toon. This never was the case. If anything Blizzard made it easier to reroll. I have 3 toons that are maxxed level and all 3 have the cloak - whereas back in Dragon Soul I really doubt I'get an orange going to all my casters/rogue that easy, god forgive me if I had to run firelands/ds with pure pugs and reserving the legendary drops in order to get them all.
    I dont want to get it free, infect i want them to remove it from everyone so u are not the weak guy in the raid the guy that still work on his, the wait to get it.....the unchallenging wait that u cant do nothing about, the many many tot LFR runs that i need to do. i never had a legendary, in any exp, not a single legendary and i was fine with it

Sure seems like a great system if your glaives drop on your first run.

On the other hand it's a load of utter bullshit when you run MC for 2 years straight to get both bindings.

I can't see how pure RNG, item drops on the floor with no lore or leadup or explanation, can be considered the superior system.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying, if you have some kind of phobia of LFR for some reason, you don't HAVE to use it.

Hell if you'd done the quest chain at the time you'd never have needed to use LFR.
    Because that is what legendary is.

When you saw someone walking around with warglaives back in burning crusade you were like "holy shit!". What happens when you see someone with the "legendary" cloak? Nothing. The opposite is actually true, where you see anyone WITHOUT IT, you think they're either an idiot or a trash alt the person doesn't play.

And you don't NEED TO HAVE LEGENDARIES! That is the whole damn point. You didn't need 2 warglaives to kill everything in TBC. You didn't need thunderfury or hand of rag to kill everything in vanilla. You didn't need any of that shit, having them were PERKS. They were BONUSES.

MOP isn't like that. It is basically mandatory and the heroic encounters are tuned around having them. Not getting one isn't really a choice so much as willingly choosing to gimp yourself and be weaker than literally everyone else. That isn't legendary, that is mandatory. The Mandatory Cloak questline.

Yeah it kinda sucks if you don't get lucky with RNG and get one of the legendaries for your team as well as not getting one for yourself. But if you DO luck out and get one, it is helluva lot more impressive and helpful than this crap. The long annoying grind is garbage, but all legendaries since TBC have been done that way. They have ALL been long, boring grinds, but at least they were rare enough that you didn't see many of them.

Being POWERFUL and being RARE are two requirements for something to be legendary.
    The current legendary is neither.
    Instead it is STANDARD and COMMON.

I don't know how many other ways to explain that. The current system is garbage. A return to the RNG drops is a better system for better legendaries, but at least the wrath/cata systems were better than this garbage.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Because that is what legendary is.

When you saw someone walking around with warglaives back in burning crusade you were like "holy shit!". What happens when you see someone with the "legendary" cloak? Nothing. The opposite is actually true, where you see anyone WITHOUT IT, you think they're either an idiot or a trash alt the person doesn't play.

And you don't NEED TO HAVE LEGENDARIES! That is the whole damn point. You didn't need 2 warglaives to kill everything in TBC. You didn't need thunderfury or hand of rag to kill everything in vanilla. You didn't need any of that shit, having them were PERKS. They were BONUSES.

MOP isn't like that. It is basically mandatory and the heroic encounters are tuned around having them. Not getting one isn't really a choice so much as willingly choosing to gimp yourself and be weaker than literally everyone else. That isn't legendary, that is mandatory. The Mandatory Cloak questline.

Yeah it kinda sucks if you don't get lucky with RNG and get one of the legendaries for your team as well as not getting one for yourself. But if you DO luck out and get one, it is helluva lot more impressive and helpful than this crap. The long annoying grind is garbage, but all legendaries since TBC have been done that way. They have ALL been long, boring grinds, but at least they were rare enough that you didn't see many of them.

Being POWERFUL and being RARE are two requirements for something to be legendary.
    The current legendary is neither.
    Instead it is STANDARD and COMMON.

I don't know how many other ways to explain that. The current system is garbage. A return to the RNG drops is a better system for better legendaries, but at least the wrath/cata systems were better than this garbage.
    exactly my point, but its seems like it falling on deaf ears, all they hear out of my post is that i want all my alts to automatically get the cloak, thats all they see, im so frustrated

Its fun to watch ppl missuse the word grind. There is nothing that can be called grinding, in the true meaning of that word in games world, involved with this cloak. Few hours / week spent to obtain something is not grinding. But i guess we are talking about wow community here, where if you are not hit with an epic item every 1h of your play time the game sucks, my mistake.

Now about the thread, you are leveling an alt, bravo, few claps for ya. Now its rather obvious that your guild doesnt need you to reroll, since 3/4 weeks 1-90, if you were in a rush to help guild progress would probably do that faster. So since your guild doesnt need you to reroll, they will not be helping you with boosts in old N/H Raids, so its pugs, but then again, if you are in no rush to get to lvl 90, why in such rush to get the cloak, can raid LFR, Flex, NM without it. All in all this looks, to me, like a thread to make an welfare legendary even more welfare, well buhu, and tbh you can probably get the cloak in less then 2 months, if you rly want it so bad. There is plenty of old raids N/H raids around, all you need to do is just show some dedication, cant sit in TI and hope it will hit you in face.

One last thing, see a few "Hate the rep grind", srsly it takes you fucking 8-10h max to get exalted on isle of thunder. So if you consider that "grind", hard or cant spend some extra time to do normals + lfr old raid for faster tokens, then you dont deserve it. And yes, today you can get full clear of old raid normals in less then 2h.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    As a player who has returned after a long break, I don't know that I will continue playing. My situation was a bit worse because I switched from EU to US so I had to level from scratch. The problem is that I feel like I have to jump through hoops to get to a point where I can be competitive. One of the reasons that I quit in the first place was that it felt like I had to play every week to remain competitive. I thought with the flex changes and the proposed changes to WoD that WOW had changed and it would be possible to take a break for a bit and join again and still be able to enjoy yourself. Work your way back to the top end to have some fun. I don't mind a bit of work but to get to a point where I will be able to have some fun I will have to grind myself into oblivion.

Grind normal dungeons to get enough gear and JP's to get into HC's.
    Grind Hc's to get enough justice points and gear to get into LFR1
    Grind LFR1 and Hc's to get enough justice points and gear to get into LFR2
    Grind LFR2 and Hc's to get enough justice points and gear to get into LFR3
    Grind LFR3 get enough valor points and gear to get into Flex (I may have missed a LFR in there)

As a new player (I have a new account) you also need to try and build up some gold for enchants/gems/etc. I have just gotten into LFR1 so I did one run last night. 4 bosses and a bit of gold as rewards. I am not sure what the drop rates are like but I can see the process getting to a point where I am able to join a flex run taking at least 1.5 to 2 months. I am not even taking into account the legendary. There are some guilds that will boost players but I can't see them doing that for a greenhorne. I will try and get to a 490 odd ilvl and then ask the guild to boost me through a flex run. I at least have a history on another account that I can show people but for anyone starting out now I can't see why they should bother if they want to raid.

Unless Bliz can fix the system, there is no point for players to "come back" unless they do it at the beginning of an expansion.
    Yes because the point of the game is when you are new to skip everything that was introduced in the expansion and just go to last raid of the same exapnsion. Come on, 2months is nothing, as a new player you are supposed to progress into the expansion, move tier by tier and thats where the fun should be, going lvl 90 > clearing expansion end raid is not the right way. Also in any decent mmo, 2 months of casual play wont give you nothing even close to top tier pve/pvp gear, like wow does.

And ye there is Timeless Isle now, as many stated.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2014-01-31 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    I dont want to get it free, infect i want them to remove it from everyone so u are not the weak guy in the raid the guy that still work on his, the wait to get it.....the unchallenging wait that u cant do nothing about, the many many tot LFR runs that i need to do. i never had a legendary, in any exp, not a single legendary and i was fine with it
    Gonna tell you this, during early/mid DS not a single decent guild would recruit any caster w/o a legendary for uses on progression because how subpar they were without it.
    And... WoW survived.

I tell you also that you DO NOT need a legendary in order to progress into heroics. Ofc if you push to the extreme of 0 out of 10 in a 10m having the cloak your raid will definitely end being weak but that is never the case - some players can easily live without a cloak and their raid will do just fine.
    Now if you want to participate in a better raid/progressed oriented guild OR join all the pugs available I am sorry, you had the time to complete the legendary, even on your alts. If you didn't bother so far it means you don't care enough for your alts to be fully optmized and that should also means you don't care about progressing through hard content with them.

Think of it as getting every BoE very early into a new content patch or getting all rep farmed to exalted as soon as possible - those that bothered to do it deserve to be better geared. Those that spent 2-3-4 months doing their legendary deserve being better than the others.
    There is no such thing as "being the weak guy" as of now where everyone who gives a real damn about raiding are SUPPOSED to have their legendary.
    Last edited by HhitSappens; 2014-01-31 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Grind normal dungeons to get enough gear and JP's to get into HC's.
    Grind Hc's to get enough justice points and gear to get into LFR1
    Grind LFR1 and Hc's to get enough justice points and gear to get into LFR2
    Grind LFR2 and Hc's to get enough justice points and gear to get into LFR3
    Grind LFR3 get enough valor points and gear to get into Flex (I may have missed a LFR in there)
    Actually just go timeless for a few hours and come out with ilvl 496 more or less then do tot to get the last few drops so you can enter soo and you are good to go.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dwarf/advanced here more or less went from just dinged to ilvl 499 to ilvl 527 in 2 days

Have not really played him since though but nonetheless. currently working on the runestone part of legendary on him.

I even stepped in as ilvl 499 and tanked first 2 parts of flex with ease in the start of patch 5.4
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-01-31 at 08:18 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    MoP has been the most alt unfriendly expansion yet (even with Timeless Isle) - so much rep grinding.
    This is so true...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    This is so true...
    I beg to differ.

100% rep bonus from accomodation + warscout/warbringer farming can easily get you exalted with all factions in 1 day. plus dungeon and scenario for daily 1000 rep. mist is the most alt friednly expansion so far.

and off cause the farm
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Why would you need the legendary on an alt?

10+ Year Old Account
    no guild will take my alt even with my 9/14 HC exp, they say: " when u get closer to the cloak talk to me" also the proc from the cape is not the only thing that make OP, the 608 ilvl with a socket vs 553 is a big diffrent. and dont forget the meta

all im saying is that the long chain line that u need to do, at 90 prevent people from making and playing alts, its a burden not a reward
    I doubt that Blizzard is designing around people that want to do cutting edge raiding on their alts even.... I think the group for that is just too small. It does not prevent you really, it just is daunting... I felt it was a (too) long trip too especially considering the crappy PVP part one had to do. And even though i would like it on my alts it would not make sense. Having legendary has never been easier.
    You would have the same hard time getting them on alts in previous expansions. Just thinking back to WotLK. How long did it take to get the legendary? How many people did it on their alts?
    Now it seems that just because a legendary is within reach for everyone, all of a sudden it needs to be simpified. While I do think it would have been nice to make it shorter, I can understand why it's long and there is no NEED for it to be shorter. We're talking alts mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

no guild will take my alt even with my 9/14 HC exp, they say: " when u get closer to the cloak talk to me" also the proc from the cape is not the only thing that make OP, the 608 ilvl with a socket vs 553 is a big diffrent. and dont forget the meta
    This says more about your guild mates than anything about the game really...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sajek View Post
    MoP's legendary has had unfortunate consequences since everyone gets it and it's very powerful.
    Not even close to EVERYONE has the cloak. Was around 20+% a while ago. And powerful? It can be, you can get 10-15% dmg increase on average if I recall correctly. Then again, for raiding if one or two dps don't have the cloak it's not killing the raid... I have seen guilds crush bosses with not even half of the DPS having the cloak... so mandatory? No way. Not for Flex or Normal, big perhaps in HC where it might give a guild the edge they need because they keep failing on the last few percent...