Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Now my questions: first of all, is this oversensitivity some kind of American thing?
    Second and more important: have you been harassed online, and what have they actually done?
    1.) I don't think it's "American" it probably depends mostly on the forum you visit.

2.) No. But that's really because I'm neither stupid nor extravert. I do understand that if I send someone pictures or mesages that he/she could post them anywhere. I bet there are millions of nude pictures (or even videos) on the internet uploaded by disgrunteled exes, maybe even including names and addresses.

How many children post dumb videos on youtube and subsequently end up as a "meme"? Sure it's mostly their own fault and completely preventable. It does happen tho and sites like facebook with terrible security settings and people posting private stuff has made it more prevalent than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    Obviously I meant the picture, not the body. Regardless, it's still the target and authoritative party discretion, not sender. I wouldn't want the picture, and I'd trash it. But if it kept getting sent, it'd get uncomfortable. Sometimes that line is first send. I dunno your tastes, but maybe a pic of a 200kg woman would be your line, for instance.
    I understand what you are getting at. I just don't think Mooneye would feel sexually harrased, i have shown her "normal" pictrues before. And even if she saw it or not, i doubht it offended her.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Sadly thats a bannable offence on this forum, not allowed to shame the perverts. I hope mooneye reported him and got him a permaban though.
    Nice job spoilint that the pic was from a male ....

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    2.) No.
    I have a really hard time believing anyone on the internet hasn't been harassed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    sexual harassment is cool?

i'm done here.
    When I was young, sexual harassment meant groping an unwilling person and pretty much everything between that and a rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    If I could downvote posts on MMO-Champion, I'd downvote yours. Your assumption seems to be that because you have never been harassed online, it doesn't happen. Don't you see how, well, stupid that is? I've never been stabbed, does that mean no one else has ever been stabbed or that they're not allowed to want things done about their attacker?
    Would you stop living your everyday life to stay at home, because you're afraid of being stabbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    If I could downvote posts on MMO-Champion, I'd downvote yours. Your assumption seems to be that because you have never been harassed online, it doesn't happen. Don't you see how, well, stupid that is? I've never been stabbed, does that mean no one else has ever been stabbed or that they're not allowed to want things done about their attacker?
    No. S/he asserted that being harassed online is not a something that can happen to her/him, and then asked if anyone has been harassed here on MMO-Champion.

I do wish we could down vote; though, because it's posts like yours that make this place unbearable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I tend to agree with this. I really don't think there is online bullying, because it can all be stopped by the person who feels they are being "bullied". It's not like it's a face to face encounter with a person that you see routinely in life. However, there are cases like the ones where kids are offing themselves because of it. I can somewhat agree with those cases if they are on a social network and beng bullied, because they have to go to school where the bullies are.

But then again, they can always stop the bullying by not going back to the website and/or blocking the person.
    Where is the logic in this? You might aswell say harrasment dosnt exist cuse you can always move to a random village somewhere on this planet. By your criteria harrasment can only exist in two cases.
    1 your actually stuck to the offenders actuall boody or 2 your traped/in a cage/in prisioned where the offender is present from time to time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Just that if it's not welcomed nor asked for - Reading comprehensions.

If you forcably put pictures to someone who has not asked and is not welcoming of your pressence to it - you are harassing them by trying to force something onto them. The content being irrelevant as far as anyone could be concerned - It is a label in this context.

Logic - Start using it.
    Would it frighten you to know that in every pic of a person you see they are naked underneath? As long as the nudity is covered there is no reason to get worked up about it, unless you are a puritan that dare not look down incase you see your own genitalia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    So you didnt contact cryptic? Who would in turn have contacted his local law enforcement?
    Not worth the bother, online interactions are not worth police time in my opinion, it only gets serious when it effects the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Platon View Post
    I hope so, mooneye said it was a penis pic and not many women have one of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I have a really hard time believing anyone on the internet hasn't been harassed.
    Pretty sure I haven't, unless you count being called retarded in online games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platon View Post
    How many women having a penis do you know off?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    According to some in this thread that does indeed count as harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Just that if it's not welcomed nor asked for - Reading comprehensions.

If you forcably put pictures to someone who has not asked and is not welcoming of your pressence to it - you are harassing them by trying to force something onto them. The content being irrelevant as far as anyone could be concerned - It is a label in this context.

Logic - Start using it.
    You are a moron - please use the logic you speak of. that is quite possibly the stupidest thing ive read all year.

So if I look at a picture, that I dont particularly find apealing, they are then harassing me???

its bad people like you that cause cancer.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2014-02-07 at 03:52 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Online bullying is a make-believe thing, yes.
    I agree, it is make-believe, as participation is entirely voluntary, and information available to the public is only there with your permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    That's pretty much my point. Calling someone a retard is harassment, since it's done with intent of emotional distress. You might not feel harassed though, but that's a different topic altogether. Since the abuse on the internet is so common place, people just learn to ignore it.

That's pretty much my point. Calling someone a retard is harassment, since it's done with intent of emotional distress. You might not feel harassed though, but that's a different topic altogether. Since the abuse on the internet is so common place, people just learn to ignore it.
    No. Do you know what harass means?

Here:
    harass
    ha·rass
    [huh-ras, har-uhs]
    verb (used with object)
    to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute.
    to trouble by repeated attacks, incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid.

Getting called a bad word on a forum does not equate to being harassed.

Anyone else a little annoyed when people start making shit up?

Deleted
    Please come and find me IRL. We can have a cup of coffee, i mean, what were you thinking? A fight?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No. Do you know what harass means?

Here:
    harass
    ha·rass
    [huh-ras, har-uhs]
    verb (used with object)
    to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute.
    to trouble by repeated attacks, incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid.

Getting called a bad word on a forum does not equate to being harassed.

Anyone else a little annoyed when people start making shit up?
    Did you think your post through? Be honest now. I can tell you didn't. I can link you a "how to think before speaking in 10 easy steps" if you'd like. If not, well... your call.

You're claiming it's not sexual harassment if I grab a coworkers bottom, as long as I only do it once? I can go up to her, and plant one hand on each cheek and really make them dance for me, and it's not harassment, comic mental picture aside? All you quoted was about repeated behavior. If you're gonna link huffington post quality "evidence", at least provide a link to the source. What you posted is definition of bullying, not harassment.

If in doubt, I suggest you check the law. Doesn't matter what dictionary.com says when it's a legal matter. "Only reason I did it was because wikipedia said by their definition I wasn't harassing!" <- won't hold, sorry.

After Real ID/Bnet became a thing, my now ex girlfriend, took it upon herself to stalk me, she was under the impression I was cheating on her and leveling alts with someone else, when it was just me, by myself. Eventually I got tired of it, removed her and broke up with her after she still wouldn't believe me. I started getting some nasty whispers from level 1 alts she would make just to harass me more. I just ignored the alt and move on, but she just wouldn't stop, I guess she had a friend of mine telling her what character I was on. Ended up having to ticket a gm for harassment from her, it stopped shortly after. Not sure how much of that is considered harassment, but it was pretty annoying.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Did you think your post through? Be honest now. I can tell you didn't. I can link you a "how to think before speaking in 10 easy steps" if you'd like. If not, well... your call.

You're claiming it's not sexual harassment if I grab a coworkers bottom, as long as I only do it once? I can go up to her, and plant one hand on each cheek and really make them dance for me, and it's not harassment, comic mental picture aside? All you quoted was about repeated behavior. If you're gonna link huffington post quality "evidence", at least provide a link to the source. What you posted is definition of bullying, not harassment.

If in doubt, I suggest you check the law. Doesn't matter what dictionary.com says when it's a legal matter. "Only reason I did it was because wikipedia said by their definition I wasn't harassing!" <- won't hold, sorry.
    Good job! You need to take your own advice. You just fell into the logical fallacy of equivocation. Calling someone a bad name does NOT equate to harassment, but grabbing the ass of a co-worker is sexual harassment.