Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Becoming a savage

It was stated in the press release detailing the Garrisons that Draenor is a "savage" place, and that in order to survive, players could either become savages themselves, or work with their factions in order to avoid doing so.

I just wonder what exactly will happen if you do choose to become a savage yourself. Maybe the plot will be different, and you will recruit different NPCs for your Garrison?

Or maybe this is just a scrapped idea by now and you will never be on any side but your faction's...

I don't think they meant it literally. Being able to take different story paths sounds very Fallout (the game) ish.. Can't see them adding something along those lines to WOW.

If it was something that was going to happen i'd have expected them to have really focused on it at Blizzcon as it would be a major change and I think it would be very popular.

The furthest I could see them taking it would be like the daily quest in Valley of the four winds where you have to collect the halfhill residents debts. You can either offer to pay for them or threaten them. You get to make a choice but it has no actual impact on anything.

I'd absolutely love a Karma system in WOW.

Chances are it'll be one of those Taran Zhu type deals where at a certain point an NPC looks at your raid group and talks about how you've "gone savage."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Would love if it were true I can actually see my warlock maybe going that route but I have to concur with it just being marketing buzz.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizz, it was all hype nothing more.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Pretty sure it's just flavor text.
    I'm inclined to agree with this analysis.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You're reading way too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Chances are it'll be one of those Taran Zhu type deals where at a certain point an NPC looks at your raid group and talks about how you've "gone savage."
    While we cannibalize Grom's corpse.

You can be either savage...

Or have a new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Becoming savage in warcraft would probably come down to you becoming neutral good instead of lawful good.

Please, Blizzard would never give us a meaningful choice in the storyline like that.

Why don't you give an example of wtf you imagine that would be like OP, and what you think you're missing?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I don't mean literally defecting from your faction. I mean just being more on your own side for the purposes of WoD's storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Becoming savage in warcraft would probably come down to you becoming neutral good instead of lawful good.
    Actually, I've always felt the Alliance and Horde are Lawful Neutral...on a good day!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You can be either savage...

Or have a new raid.
    I wish we'd finally challenge Blizz on that excuse.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect nothing, haha. =)

Blizzard + Player Choices = dividing by zero

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I wish we'd finally challenge Blizz on that excuse.
    Not nearly enough people to call that bluff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Expect nothing, haha. =)

Blizzard + Player Choices = dividing by zero
    Literally the closest I can see WoW getting to the OP's speculation would be another Aldor/Scryer, raise rep with this group but lose it with this one, sort of scenario. That's about as far as it goes, and we haven't seen that since BC.

Quest green gear will drop Barbarian-esque looking armor.

"Our characters have gone savage!"

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    Not nearly enough people to call that bluff.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally the closest I can see WoW getting to the OP's speculation would be another Aldor/Scryer, raise rep with this group but lose it with this one, sort of scenario. That's about as far as it goes, and we haven't seen that since BC.
    Minor detail but it was actually WOTLK with the Oracles and Frenzyheart that was the last time we saw it I think. To be honest I would love to see a bunch of those types of rep in WoD. Maybe instead of just two factions to choose between, you choose between supporting certain clans over other ones and get rep for it. Some clans are more savage then others.

To be honest I doubt that will happen with the direction they have been going with rep the last two expansions but one can hope.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Not a literal meaning. Fairly certain they are speaking from a story perspective that Draenor could turn people savage, however you won't actually get that choice. That doesn't mean Blizzard won't take that direction for everyone though.

If you like the concept, give SWTOR a try. You can be a dark Jedi or a light-sided Sith through the choices you make during your storyline.