Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Fraud Asylum caims or safe Homecountrys.
    Its like the guy whose House burned to the ground and well he wants to stay after he crashed in your place.
    Well you later learn his house didn't burn down he just likes yours better. Its assinine to construct racism out of missfired goodwill.

They are innocent that doesnt give them a reason to claim asylum.
    I cannot imagine being so callous as to deny an innocent person the ability to immigrate when they're desperate to do so. I think it stems from a deeply immoral selfishness and xenophobia.

Are they above them? Oh so very racist of you and in fact those laws don't make a distinction based on skincolor.
    Reminds of this quote: "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread." When a law is designed in a fashion that the primary people that it hurts tend to be of a certain shade of skin, I'm not likely to be impressed by the claim that it's not at all racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I cannot imagine being so callous as to deny an innocent person the ability to immigrate when they're desperate to do so. I think it stems from a deeply immoral selfishness and xenophobia.

Reminds of this quote: "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread." When a law is designed in a fashion that the primary people that it hurts tend to be of a certain shade of skin, I'm not likely to be impressed by the claim that it's not at all racist.
    I think you don't understand the concept of asylum educate yourself first before handing out insults like candy.
    Btw nice work ridiculing yourself by claiming every immigration law baring the ban of criminals is racist in nature.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-02-15 at 04:44 PM.

Well, you certainly showed me that I'm wrong. I now believe that keeping desperate people in bad circumstances has nothing to do with xenophobia.

I think you don't understand the concept of asylum educate yourself first before handing out insults like candy.
    The concept of asylum is to grant protection for people who are in danger in their own country.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The concept of asylum is to grant protection for people who are in danger in their own country.
    Which, frankly, is basically every woman in Pakistan.

Deleted
    Yep Danger compared to economic fugitives what spectral is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Which, frankly, is basically every woman in Pakistan.
    You can't prevent infantcide by emigration and the murder statistics will probably level the genders in overall danger.
    Seriously relativly higher crime statistics are a shitty argument they've got nothing to do with asylum you wont grant that to southafricans.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-02-15 at 04:51 PM.

The fact that she claim that sending her back will result in mulilation and her being forcibly married to some 25 years older than her is more than reason enough to grant her asylum.. whether she is telling the truth or not I can't really tell.

Deleted
    That doesn't mean everyone should be granted asylum just because they face danger in their own country though. Granting asylum to a selected few does nothing in the long run when it comes to the situation that made them leave their country.

I am going to pretend Humans are morons and they threw a dart on the map while not having oral or other informations available to make the choice in the first place while having the ability to buy plane tickets to sweden.
    Humans are morons.

They went with a man who had citizenship who suddenly died. They only needed to know two things, really. Is it better than here? Can I go there?

Can you really not comprehend people who think in very different ways than you? I mean, what they did is no more silly to me than what millions of Americans do every Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    That doesn't mean everyone should be granted asylum just because they face danger in their own country though. Granting asylum to a selected few does nothing in the long run when it comes to the situation that made them leave their country.
    So what do you think asylum is for? Only highly-ranked political refugees?

Spectral is right, Davillage is wrong, and moral relativism is complete and utter bulldonk.
    __

Spectral obviously wasn't referring to crime rates, rather, the horrible sexism and enslavement of all women in Islamic countries.

Deleted
    sweden in 30 years is going to be a funny sight.

I would send her back immediately. Sad stories are sad, but this case could set a precedent in which any woman from pakistan has immediate immunity from deportation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Not everyone who has it bad at least.

Humans are morons.

They went with a man who had citizenship who suddenly died. They only needed to know two things, really. Is it better than here? Can I go there?

Can you really not comprehend people who think in very different ways than you? I mean, what they did is no more silly to me than what millions of Americans do every Sunday.
    And then an asylum application. Which made no mention of those things, instead of correcting the application she went to media. Why? Why not just tell the migration board about it instead of going to media? I don't like "mediedrev" one bit.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-02-16 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For people who are willing to adapt to the rules of their 'guest' country. My mother moved from Indonesia to the Netherlands (with my grandmother) when she was four. And both of them are as Dutch as they can be.

I have nothing against foreign people. I just draw a clear line when it comes to people thinking it's OK to set their daughters on fire because she kissed a guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I would send her back immediately. Sad stories are sad, but this case could set a precedent in which any woman from pakistan has immediate immunity from deportation.
    In fairness, if any woman from Pakistan managed to escape to Britain; I'd be all for her staying.

I wouldn't wish for any woman to live there, it's brutal enough for men, let alone women whom are treated below second class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Realy? I am pretty sure that you do not think of this as sad story. xD

Media and the general public are suckers for stories like this. It's no wonder she getting her way. Courts should of held their ground and set her packing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Courts should of held their ground and set her packing.
    Why?

I think if a woman who's treated as a second-class citizen in her home country comes to Sweden we should let her stay if it makes her happy living here where she's equal to everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollskaldinn View Post
    Why?

I think if a woman who's treated as a second-class citizen in her home country comes to Sweden we should let her stay if it makes her happy living here where she's equal to everyone else.
    Why not just take the whole world then, get rid of the regulations?

It might make me a racist, but I'm completely unable to read Swedish words without then saying them in a ridiculous fake accent and chuckling to myself. When they show up in news reports on serious topics, it makes me into a terrible person.

Sorry, Swedes.