Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    First people complained about the free boosts saying it would ruin the game. Now, people complain it's too expensive and not super easy to get/free like the one you get when you buy WoD.

My brain just melted.

Deleted
    it is a bloody shame , they have no shame at all these days anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein View Post
    It's funny people complain for a service that's quite Pointless for their main. No one forces you to use it and those who want to come back to the game would appreciate it (if they have the money) The price is fine to keep the multiselling/spamming 90's. I would never plan to use it but making a fuss for adding it then complain about the price (some people here with their posts prove not to have a stable opinion) is just a joke.
    Ofc they gotta complain, its internet if people never gonna use it anyways why not cry a little about it.

Anyways. perfect amount, keep in mind they didnt have this in mind first. they said on Bcon that if you wanted more free 90s then you would of have to buy a fresh account with all expansions + WoD then transfer the character. trust me. that would of been twice as much
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    I still don't understand why people don't care that this is available.
    Because some of us don't give two shits what other people do with their money.

Edit: missed the quote.
    "Nobody less skilled than me should be allowed to see this content."
    - Everyone

Im kind of bummed, I paid for two race transfers ($25 each) just to get the double rest bonus..This would have been so much easier for almost the same price.

I do have two nice Pandas now though

Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post
    60$ !! wow blizz getting greedy with the moolah here, ESO hope u do well so we leave this greedy people behind.
    How can a company that wants to make profit of a service thats 100% optional greedy?
    Last edited by babyback; 2014-02-18 at 07:09 PM.

Some people seem to be under the impression this option in the store was added for the average player. It wasn't.

The 90 boost was added to the store because they knew SOME players would set up additional accounts and buy a copy of Warlords for the free 90 boost, then transfer the character to their main account. This is just saving THOSE players who would bother in the first place the hassle of multiple accounts and paying for character transfers.

To those saying it will be cheaper to buy another copy of the game your forgetting that you have to buy

World Of warcraft
    Burning Crusade 19.99
    Wrath of the lich king 19.99
    Cataclysm 19.00
    MOP 39.00
    WOD 49.00

Now depending on how they do the Battle Chest in the future you your looking at a bit of cash. As of this posting you can get all the games up to MOP for 50 dollars on amazon.com plus shipping or if you have prime shipping is free. Now you have to add the 49.00 WOD on top of that its clear that the 60 dollars for a level 90 dude is well worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    very good!

Deleted
    i think this is okay even thoe i wont buy lvl 90, think about it. If this wasn't implemented it would cost more because people would make new battle net accounts or just add one and buy all xpacks, plus WoD, so it would cost more than 60$

Haha the funny thing is this is a direct response to people saying, Well eff that ill just go buy more copies of the expansion to get my free 90s. ... So Blizzard makes 90's cost the price of an expansion. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH... WIN.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Glad theres a high price barrier for this.

1. Lol to everyone who is unsubbing cuz of a price tag.. please dont shoot yourself if your power bill goes up :\
    2. PAY TO WIN, thats funny, since you cant get better gear then what game can offer its not pay to win.. OH NO HE HAS BETTER MOUNT unsub.
    3. Bliz is greedy LOL WHAT, they want to make money so they can still offer you service, nobody is MAKING YOU PAY FOR IT, if they are so greedy why havent they up sub cost.. Really?

Really people need stop getting so mad over a game, let alone A PRICE TAG, oh gawd no its too expensive for me, oh no i gotta spend extra week to lvl my 1-90 alt sigh. Those who do buy it, I not in right place to say "OMG YOU BROUGHT A 90 YOU SUCH A NEWB!" cuz really no point in doing that, i am sure EACH and every one of us has payed for something online that was really useless then usefull (Dont say you havent cuz your paying for your WOW sub or another game).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yes, which is actually why this service even exists: because Blizzard is well-aware that some people will simply buy a second copy of the game and expansion, make a brand-new 90 on a fresh account, and then merge it over to their main account, and figured that it's better to streamline the process than prevent it.

So, since the sole reason for offering the service was because people would just buy the expansion pack on a new account and merge their newly-90 character over, I see nothing wrong with pricing it equivalent to buying a new copy of the game + WoD.
    Well said and nailed it on the head!!

I'm disappointed it doesn't cost more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard sure do love their money >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kazie View Post
    Cool your jets before you get your panties in a twist..

You're getting a free boost from buying the expansion, an expansion that most likely will cost $40.
    Which is exactly their marketing strategy!

I guess the most vocal people here are the kids who can't afford to buy it themselves?

Remember, they had to make it cheaper than it would have been to buy a new game + expansions to get a free boost come WoD (based on current model: Battlechest (20) + MoP (20) + WoD (40?) = 80 + 25 (transfer) = $105). So, they made it cheaper than doing that, but high enough to avoid abuse of service. They're not greedy for making it $60. They'd have been greedy for making it cheaper. Then, far more people would use it and boost characters all over the place. That would have made more money. Look at all the people saying this is too high and they won't use it. Blizzard makes less money overall, but maintains balance.

The whole point was to get new players up to speed. So, they included the service for free with WoD, but then were like, well, people will abuse this by buying tons of accounts and transferring. That'll lead to so many headaches, so we might as well make it a purchasable service to make doing it the janky way undesirable.

The point of the paid service is not to make them tons of money. They would have made tons of money letting people create new accounts and transferring or setting the purchase price at like 30 bucks. Analyze and understand things a little bit more before you start freaking out. You don't wanna pay $60 for a boost? Good. The service wasn't meant for you. You'll get one for free when you upgrade. If people want additional 90s...they can pay or level them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Nope 60 is to high They certainly want this to be special and not abused dont they. 30 is understandable thats about the price most of the other services. Lets just hope this is a mess up or else most people wont be paying for it.
    Think part of the reason why it's SO expensive is that they don't want EVERYONE to just go and buy it, it SHOULD be something for those who have more money than time. It shouldn't be for people who can't bother putting in the time and there's a HUGE difference between the two like others have said: 40 year old man, fulltime job and 3-5hrs of "game time" per week. Kids, wife, responsibilities and so on. He (or she) would look at this and see: "Oh cool now I can finally get back to the game I had friends in before my real life took over!" On the other side you have your 18 year old kid that goes "man leveling is boring, i'd rather just play another game or stick to my main!" (I'm one of those, just 24yrs old). The boost isn't for the second group of people, it's for the first... not saying every 18year old (youths in general) are all lazy or anything like that but a majority is very impatient.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!