Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a Paladin idea, it's more of a visual then actually anything mechanic wise but it can. Remember how Illidan in WCIII had left burning marks wherever he stepped? Well how about visually a Paladin being Righteous and infused with the Holy Light being heroic folks when they walk they leave a Light mark on the floor or their boots glow and leave a mark on where they walk. I thought that would be a cool iconic thing to add.

I doubt WoD would add it but it would be a nice cosmetic Paladin thing. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kosha View Post
    Looks like those concerned with Seal of Faith can relax for now. "Celestalon: We put Seal of Faith back on our Shelf of Ideas That Have Potential But Aren't Ready For Primetime Yet." It's right there to see on his twitter account if you want confirmation.
    Seems like a good idea. Seal of Faith seemed to be more of a leveling seal for Holy or for "Shockadin" pvp than much else. Something that niche either needs to be baseline or scrapped. Guess the went with scrapped.

Now to see what they will replace the talent with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Would be weird if I had those Troll shoes as transmog on (bare feet basically) and my feet was shining :P

Personally I always wanted weapon/shield the paladin was wearing to have some light around it , but ugh, only thing they will give us is some weird stuff like '4 wings popping out behind your back rather than 2' . I find that insanely silly for some reason. But the idea is nice ^^
    I wonder if they fixed that for the Troll models. O_o As for mechanics for my idea. Speed of light might work with that but I was thinking of more of a Paladin iconic thing because well it might spruce the class up(Yeah there's a lot of pallies out there but still every class needs one of those additonal iconic thingies).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I had a Paladin idea, it's more of a visual then actually anything mechanic wise but it can. Remember how Illidan in WCIII had left burning marks wherever he stepped? Well how about visually a Paladin being Righteous and infused with the Holy Light being heroic folks when they walk they leave a Light mark on the floor or their boots glow and leave a mark on where they walk. I thought that would be a cool iconic thing to add.

I doubt WoD would add it but it would be a nice cosmetic Paladin thing. >.>
    Cool idea, but probably more likely in the same style as the Dreadsteed fire trail. Although I doubt we'll ever get it as an always on thing, it would be too cool :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Pls take away crap CDs and give us something competitive to tranq or HTT. PLS PLS PLS
    Devotion Aura could use a Revival component for Holy.

So burst healing on 10 targets(estimated for WoD 20 man raiding), then 6 seconds of magic damage reduction.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Just make HotR not suck dick. (Sort of like it was in cata, beneficial to use on 2+ targets)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Cool idea, but probably more likely in the same style as the Dreadsteed fire trail. Although I doubt we'll ever get it as an always on thing, it would be too cool :/
    Yeah, everyone would get mad jelly over our glowing footprints and demand the same.

What I would love to see as a minor glyph though is a pulsing aura visual. Like every 5 seconds, pulse the old Devotion Aura graphic under our feet. Either that or give us a quest-line to get it. That aura graphic is such an iconic Paladin thing, all the way back to Warcraft and they just took it from us!

Glad to see SoFaith is being looked at again. It was way too niche really. Now let's get one that lets us dual-wield shields. I'd also like them to re-evaluate the Prot version of improved Judgment. I just can't see how any of it is going to be super useful and actually beat out Holy Shield with the WoD Vengeance changes.

10% AP - Boosts weapon damage (~4.6k AP translated into ~900 wpn dmg so.. not great.), slightly boosts spells that use AP based formulas, boosts SP by half as much. No damage-Vengeance means overall DPS gain is small, but it should boost healing a little in high-Vengeance situations.

10% Melee ATK speed - NOT the same as Haste. Only boosts white swing speed, and potentially SoI healing.

3%/2sec heal - Slow, small amounts. 1million HP means 30k/2sec; Vengeance buffed EF heals 150-250k+/1.xxsec. Will end up as mostly overhealing, or not be large enough to ever be significant and live-saving.

Obviously the squish reduces those numbers, making the small boosts on offer all that much less noticeable.

We cannot get the movement speed boost as Prot, because we don't have access to Justice.

Overall, an underwhelming talent when placed next to 10% block with a reactive, passive damage source (though admittedly, worthless on casters, in which case it's choosing between "bad" and "useless" anyway, if the new 3rd option is no good) that wont cost us GCDs or require watching any buffs in the middle of a chaotic fight. Great for Ret, poor for Prot. Needs looking at.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-02-26 at 05:41 AM.

Light Within looks like the no-brainer go-to for Prot. 3% healing every 2 seconds is a little ridiculous and I don't see it going live like that unless they significantly increase the cooldown on Judgment. Final Verdict looks like it will also get nerfed, it's Divine Storm 2.0 essentially.

Also, with all this rush to move "maintenance" buffs to passives I really hope they do away with Inquisition. It just feels like a chore. I get that Blizzard really likes rogues and wanted to turn Ret into Rogue 2.0 with combo points and a SND equiv, but really would rather have more interesting active choices instead.

All of the 100 talents are boring as poo for ret and I hope at least one is removed/changed. Seal swapping just to keep multiple buffs up (or if you can only have 1 buff at a time... absolutely no change to the rotation). doesn't seem like fun but more so as super tedious.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would LOVE the targeting requirement to be removed from Hotr , lei shi in toes was so annoying, you could save up 5hp and still only be able to Ds once to try to find her and then stand around with your hands in your pockets for the remainder til she showed.

- - - Updated - - -

updated OP about seal of faith going back on the shelf
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Light Within looks like the no-brainer go-to for Prot. 3% healing every 2 seconds is a little ridiculous
    Not sure why you think that. 3%/2sec is a very small amount of health. Eternal Flame heals ~6-8 times as much, and SOI also outdoes it by a massive margin. It's really insignificant actually, since it wont get buffed by anything, and will end up mostly as over-heal since it ticks so slowly.

To get it, you're giving up 10% block+damage or whatever the third new talent will be. I can really only see myself using it for magic fights where block can't shine.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-02-26 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    updated op with new tweet
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Not sure why you think that. 3%/2sec is a very small amount of health. Eternal Flame heals ~6-8 times as much, and SOI also outdoes it by a massive margin. It's really insignificant actually, since it wont get buffed by anything, and will end up mostly as over-heal since it ticks so slowly.

To get it, you're giving up 10% block+damage or whatever the third new talent will be. I can really only see myself using it for magic fights where block can't shine.
    It's basically a slightly less powerful version of Second Wind (every 2 sec instead of 1 sec) that will ALWAYS be up. If you have 800k health that's 24k/tick or 12k per sec. How much does your Eternal Flame tick for?

Deleted
    Its a retarded uselless for talent for prot :P

24k/ tick is nothing compared to a 100 - 300 k we get from eternal flame atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It's basically a slightly less powerful version of Second Wind (every 2 sec instead of 1 sec) that will ALWAYS be up. If you have 800k health that's 24k/tick or 12k per sec. How much does your Eternal Flame tick for?
    150-300k+/1.7X seconds. So yeah, it's awful for Prot. As Ret, I can see it's usefulness - hell all of the 3 buffs are potentially awesome for Ret. As Prot, none of them are good for reasons I've already outlined. The healing from these ticks will be 50% or more overhealing, just like everything else is.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-02-27 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of that talent, is "Seal Twisting" actually fun? I didn't come to my Pally until after twisting was put to rest. I had fun with Totem Twisting on my shaman way back when it was actually useful, but that was partly because Shaman had almost nothing else to do rotationally at that time.

Given everything else going on in a Pally cycle these days, would Seal Twisting mechanics (on a 20s timer) actually be fun? It sounds a little distracting/annoying and with the short timer and micromanagement, I'm assuming you'd want to bind all your Seals or create some weird macro to cycle through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    On the topic of that talent, is "Seal Twisting" actually fun? I didn't come to my Pally until after twisting was put to rest. I had fun with Totem Twisting on my shaman way back when it was actually useful, but that was partly because Shaman had almost nothing else to do rotationally at that time.

Given everything else going on in a Pally cycle these days, would Seal Twisting mechanics (on a 20s timer) actually be fun? It sounds a little distracting/annoying and with the short timer and micromanagement, I'm assuming you'd want to bind all your Seals or create some weird macro to cycle through them.
    If they are on a separate GCD, then yes it could be. If not, pain in the ass. Back when regularly re-buffing a Seal was a thing in classic and TBC, they were off the GCD.

Ive been thinking isnt Crusader Strike/Hammer of Righteousness and Divine Storm/Templars verdict considered bloat since they can be generally be modifier macrod as they are identical spells but use for Single Target/AOE?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftninja View Post
    Ive been thinking isnt Crusader Strike/Hammer of Righteousness and Divine Storm/Templars verdict considered bloat since they can be generally be modifier macrod as they are identical spells but use for Single Target/AOE?
    Essentially, yes.

Once upon a time, Divine Storm was our main nuke. Then they got all annoyed that certain classes were "padding" meters by providing a lot of free cleave (and, I suppose, breaking CC - but they have the ability to prevent that) so they split everything apart. The result is we now have 4 buttons instead of 2.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-02-28 at 03:59 AM.