Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Let's see, 1000 valor a week, so that's 2000 every two weeks. Less than what valor gear coses. and from what I have seen it is nigh impossible to not get gear in 6 bonus rolls. where there is a chance to get more.

So yeah, whiner/complainer/bitcher. It is better than valor

Not only that, but valor gear is usually shitty, chance at teir? not bad at all.

I do however hope they keep gear upgrades, but only on the odd numbered patches

I have gone 9 bonus rolls in a row without winning anything in a single SoO run so yeah...um...it's not nigh impossible....
    Last edited by Silversorrow; 2014-03-06 at 01:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can not make the connection. Valor was always there to fill gaps that wouldn't drop for you. Just because coins give you another chance does not mean the unlucky peoples will still gets drops. This is a stupid move. We are going to see raiders going into 6.2 with that one blue bit that they could never replace because of this. And that is just plain bullshit. I remember the hunter that replaced me in my raid team when I quit had to go into throne of thunder with a blue crossbow because nothing would drop for him.
    Aye mate

I thought they said they were "reworking the bonus roll system" for WoD into "something that we would enjoy". Wouldn't surprise me if the new system was a single 100% coin or something similar. Would make sense with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Blizzard has a fantasy about RNG.

next its going to be "RNG for leveling" = upon killing/completing a Monster/quest you have a chance of getting exp or no exp.
    Blizzard has compared RNG to Gambling in Vegas many many times. THey have repeatedly said their player base likes RNG and finds it exciting.

Maybe I am in the minority but RNG blows chucks, i hate it. Thats my opinion at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Blizzard has compared RNG to Gambling in Vegas many many times. THey have repeatedly said their player base likes RNG and finds it exciting.

Maybe I am in the minority but RNG blows chucks, i hate it. Thats my opinion at least.
    seriously dislike RNG

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

seriously dislike RNG
    Last week RNG was okay, but thats it. The weeks other than last week sucked

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

seriously dislike RNG

- - - Updated - - -

When I say they suck they were really bad. Not Darths 30 times losing in a roll bad, but bad none the less. I think RNG needs a RPG to blow its ass out of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

seriously dislike RNG

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

When I say they suck they were really bad. Not Darths 30 times losing in a roll bad, but bad none the less. I think RNG needs a RPG to blow its ass out of the game.
    blizzard thinks people like it. in truth only blizzard likes RNG
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I really can not make the connection. Valor was always there to fill gaps that wouldn't drop for you. Just because coins give you another chance does not mean the unlucky peoples will still gets drops. This is a stupid move. We are going to see raiders going into 6.2 with that one blue bit that they could never replace because of this. And that is just plain bullshit. I remember the hunter that replaced me in my raid team when I quit had to go into throne of thunder with a blue crossbow because nothing would drop for him.
    You know they added bad luck protection to bonus rolls, just like they do for quest items, right? There is a cap to how long you can go without a drop. Sure, burn drops on bosses that don't drop what you want and you can still end up in that position, but spend it where upgrades exist and you should be fine...

(Also of note: in your story, sounds like a blue crossbow didn't hold that hunter back, eh? good player, does well despite crappy gear, go them!)

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    That is a question for Blizzard, not me: right now the pinnacle of character power comes from raid gear, and nothing equivalent is available in the world without it. (Not that this is new, since the valor purchased gear was definitely not the BiS gear when it was available.)
    Actually the VP cape, bracers, and/or neck in Cata were BiS for some classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    blizzard thinks people like it. in truth only blizzard likes RNG
    I think judging by this thread thats clearly not the case. Also nearly every other MMO and every RPG uses RNG, so in truth, players like RNG.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-03-06 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to disagree with you on almost all of your points. A currency which can be earned by raiding to purchase raid gear is equal across all raiding tiers, all raiding teams, and all raiders. Whereas the roll system is far from equal because it involves RNG and, lets face it, some have better luck than others. I haven't rolled a single piece from coins in 3 months, but a guildie of mine rolled 3 upgrades just today. The bonus roll system is equal as far as the awarding of coins is concerned. It's not equal once they are used, but if 10 guilds kill 10 bosses and they all drop 10 currency each all those raiders will have 100 currency that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    I truelly approve of this change. We got spoiled ever since WotLK and now turning VP into bonus rolls brings back RNG Loot system in RPG game where it should be. Imo, nothing should ever be "guaranteed" in a game of RPG.
    We could buy gear with BoJ back in BC. Using a points system as currency for gear isn't some crazy new fad. And honestly, there was nothing wrong with having a way to get filler gear. That one piece holding you back never feels good. The gear you can purchase, while better than what you have, is still not as good as what you can get. All I sense this leading to is more PvP gear being used as filler pieces.
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2014-03-06 at 06:57 AM. Reason: grammerz iz hrd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Whereas the roll system is far from equal because it involves RNG and, lets face it, some have better luck than others. I haven't rolled a single piece from coins in 3 months
    Can you at least be honest?

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    It's not equal once they are used
    Its equally RNG, so yes it is.

Cant believe some people are tryind to defend this, even mods. LOL, never accuesed anyone of fanboism, but really, how can you say MORE RNG instead of VALOR ITEMS, that dont tend to be better than the drop items, is a good idea? Just wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    Cant believe some people are tryind to defend this, even mods. LOL, never accuesed anyone of fanboism, but really, how can you say MORE RNG instead of VALOR ITEMS, that dont tend to be better than the drop items, is a good idea? Just wow.
    Because it worked absolutely fine this tier, and we know for a fact they are going to improve on it. And being a moderator is completely irrelevant, they arent chosen because they have to agree with Feindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    It's been downplayed, but still exists. I can still get items from Shado-Pan Assault, and even Timeless Isle allows me to get items with the only RNG being what the item will ultimately be. I want the coins to act like those TI items, when what I get is random but at the least I know I won't get 25 worthless gold.
    So, I can get an upgrade from valor points or timeless isle that is 548 ilvl stamina trinket with CD reduction ? Until I can get my DK into normal mode raids I have a grand total of 1 item I can use from SoO flex, which means I need a total of 500 valor points to upgrade it. Valor is then worthless until my server manages to get a decent alliance population for raiding or more of the guild recruits gear up enough to do normal.

TI items are terrible aswell, my DK used 6 burdens and never once got a useable ring from it that would be equipped over my 528 LFR rings. You say you will get a useful item guaranteed and not 25g, well most TI items I make up if im not an enchanter vendor for less than 25g, and I vendor 60-70% of my items I make up because of such bad stats (rolling pure hit on my hunter when said hunter is already stuck 2% over hit cap etc).

At the end of the day the only real use for valor points right now is gear upgrading since SoO came out. During ToT it mostly helped fill spots with bracers/neck/trinkets etc for some classes, but you really couldnt use it to fill other sllots like shoulders/chest so you were still fully stuck in the coin/boss drop RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Never before in the history of WoW have you had the option to not only re-roll for loot, but do it as many times as you want as long as you have coins. I've managed to get 4p tier in one day on my hunter from bonus rolls. One day.
    That would be good RNG. What about the poor people who have bad RNG?

How exactly it worked? I coined 9 fucking times in a row on HC protectors and didnt get shit. I got my fucking sha trinket after 3 months, but hey, I got 3 fucking chests. If that means works fine, then I dont know how it looks when something doesnt work fine.

Where did I say mods have to agree with me? Dont accuse me of something I've never said, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    Can't believe that some people are complaining so much about a change that hasn't even been explained fully yet.
    A "good idea" would be to actually read what Blizzard posts, and not just go off on a random forum post from someone who clearly hasn't done that.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelyn View Post
    ALSO like they said at Blizzcon, people who say they have use 7-9 coins and NEVER got a item are liars, I've never known anyone of my guildies go more than about 3-4 coins with no loot...
    I used 9 coins in total and got 1 item (pair of boots which I already had a better item). The rest was gold. Anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal. Only tried MoD max level for 3 weeks before I called it quits but that's another discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Let's see, 1000 valor a week, so that's 2000 every two weeks. Less than what valor gear coses. and from what I have seen it is nigh impossible to not get gear in 6 bonus rolls. where there is a chance to get more.

So yeah, whiner/complainer/bitcher. It is better than valor

Not only that, but valor gear is usually shitty, chance at teir? not bad at all.

I do however hope they keep gear upgrades, but only on the odd numbered patches
    There is a big difference with valor, you get to chose the item you want. I have no problem with valor gear being slightly below raiding gear. With a bonus roll system you could be sitting with a blue trinket for 6 months with bad RNG.

Deleted
    The coin system is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It's been removed from current content, timeless isle is completely RNG related, I can't believe your using that as an example.
    Less than you think. Getting all of the the chests guarantees you X number of epics and one high level epic. The only RNG part is which ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    With the old system I wouldn't have 80% of my gear. 573 ilvl and I think all of 3 heroic pieces actually dropped from bosses that I could use. The rest is from bonus rolls. The one downside to it is that I've gotten the same shoulders off Heroic Nazgrim at least 3x instead of one of the 2 other items I could really use. My BiS weapon or my tier gloves(I think we've seen 1 vanquisher token). I welcome their changes.
    This tier might have been great for you. What if you won nothing in the next expansion? Would you still feel the same way? RNG worked in your favor this time. Personally my RNG stinks. It always has.